Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Burks got yanked after a couple really bad plays. I probably would have just stuck with Quickley but Payton was one of our better scorers all night. We donít have many options out there. We need a backcourt staple who can shoot. Without that weíre always searching.
    Rose or Barrett should have been odd man out for a shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Are we better off with Rose doing most of the ballhandling duties for the second unit (as opposed to IQ)? Feels like IQ is a bit out of rhythm now and not getting many opportunities.
    IQ has shot horribly in all but one game since Rose came. Maybe just a coincidence

I dunno why but this game especially pissed me off...

Some random thoughts:

1. After All-StarJulius Randle, the New York Knicks are by committee. Maybe it's RJ Barrett. Maybe it's Quickley. Maybe it's Derrick Rose. There's no definitive #2 option until a talent upgrade happens.

2. RJ Barrett is just inconsistent: He didn't really bring much to the 4th and you gotta wonder.

3. R.Bullock + A. Burks + I. Quickley = 4 for 13 from Downtown: Not going to get it done. Steph Curry 7 for 14 from downtown.

4. Derrick Rose to Obi Toppin: Notice how Rose looks for Toppin. Obi Wan had 7 pts on 3/3 shooting 1/1 from downtown on 11 min. Feed this kid. Make the defense collapse.

5. Elfrid "Floppin" Payton feeds himself: If Warriors asked for a review, Looney didn't foul Payton but rather Elf tripped over his damn hook slippers. Even Clyde called it.

6. Kelly Oubre aka Don Imus' illegitimate omnisexual son, needed a pimp slap after he tried to troll Julius Randle.

GT#32 G.S. Warriors (16-15) @ Muey Justo Knicks (15-16): Shoot Out at the Mecca

I didnít like how many possessions Rose had where he decided he was shooting no matter what tonight. I've been really impressed with how good a passer he can be if he wants to be

Last edited by ewing; 02-24-2021 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Rose is really the one whoís taken Quickís mins.

Thibs is using Quickley as a SG now. Thibs was trying to play the hot hand. I think Burks played good enough to play over RJ and Bullock tonight down the stretch, we really needed at least one shooter.

Just Randle isnít nearly enough.
    Well before quickly was playing in crunch time a lot, and with rose a lot of times.

Last 2 games its been all Payton for some reason.

At the end of the day, We have no shooting on the floor in the 4th quarter, and instead have 5 guys who need to attack the rim to score, that makes no sense to me.

Teams are flooding the paint against us, and elfrid is just standing around the elbow where his defender barely has to even pay attention to him.

Someone has to hit some shots in the 4th quarter, and we got no one out there to do that.

I dunno. Derrick Rose had a pretty decent game. 16 pts on 6/15 2/4 from downtown and 8 dimes. He doubled the assist total of Elfrid Payton. Once again Obi Toppin has his best game with Rose out there. Toppin's 3-pointer was the kind of ball movement the Knicks need to have more often.

Quickley usually plays alongside Rose coming off the bench. Yeah Quickley went 1 for 5 in 13 min...not very good shot selection but then again opposition has a game plan for him. He's no longer the dark horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I dunno. Derrick Rose had a pretty decent game. 16 pts on 6/15 2/4 from downtown and 8 dimes. He doubled the assist total of Elfrid Payton. Once again Obi Toppin has his best game with Rose out there. Toppin's 3-pointer was the kind of ball movement the Knicks need to have more often.

Quickley usually plays alongside Rose coming off the bench. Yeah Quickley went 1 for 5 in 13 min...not very good shot selection but then again opposition has a game plan for him. He's no longer the dark horse.
    The last part is also true, teams are stepping up against him a lot quicker and earlier now, something he will have to adjust to.

Gotta remember hes a rook and teams are still building their scouting report on him. another reason why getting rose was a great choice, to help take some slack off Quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Well before quickly was playing in crunch time a lot, and with rose a lot of times.

Last 2 games its been all Payton for some reason.

At the end of the day, We have no shooting on the floor in the 4th quarter, and instead have 5 guys who need to attack the rim to score, that makes no sense to me.

Teams are flooding the paint against us, and elfrid is just standing around the elbow where his defender barely has to even pay attention to him.

Someone has to hit some shots in the 4th quarter, and we got no one out there to do that.
    Quickley has been passing up a lot of shots and over-dribbling at times. Heís needs to have no conscience again. Also I never thought Iíd see a PG attack the rim less than Frank does. His floater isnít falling right now, so he needs to get closer to the basket and finish. He has decent size with some long arms, but he plays like heís sub-6ft. He could draw way more fouls by just getting all the way inside.

Heís a very hard worker and student of the game, I think heíll figure it out over time. But some habits are hard to break (overusing floater).

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Quickley has been passing up a lot of shots and over-dribbling at times. Heís needs to have no conscience again. Also I never thought Iíd see a PG attack the rim less than Frank does. His floater isnít falling right now, so he needs to get closer to the basket and finish. He has decent size with some long arms, but he plays like heís sub-6ft. He could draw way more fouls by just getting all the way inside.

Heís a very hard worker and student of the game, I think heíll figure it out over time. But some habits are hard to break (overusing floater).
    Teams are defending quickly much more tighter now, that's a good thing.

It may take some time for him to adjust to that, but once he does he will become better because he can make them pay for it.

But I still don't see that he shouldn't be on the court in crunch time. You simply can't win with any consistency by having no shooters on the court in crunch time.

Rose was 5 of 7 with 12 points and 7 assists in the first half

Last edited by ewing; 02-24-2021 at 08:47 AM.

With the Kings next, I'm wondering if this is the limit of the Knicks' roster.

Right now, this is an almost .500 team which is something we haven't had in what, 6 yrs? That's something to be happy about.

The good thing is, .500 is good enough for #5 in the Eastern Conference while in the Western Conference .500 gets you #9 slot.

Thibs is stuck in the past and every single worry Knick fans had about Thibs, is coming to fruition. Last night, Bully sucked, RJ sucked even worse, and this coach shows absolutely no flexibility with his stupid rotations. You might get by barely beating a crappy team like that Timberwolves with a 90's line up of Rose, Payton, RJ, Randle, and Taj but this is simply not going to fly in todays NBA.

Thibs is stuck in the 90's. Disaster in the making.

Quickley will adjust but he is not a PG he does get to the basket and does not have good passing vision..
    He also needs room for his three ball because of his release point on his shot. That is why he is hesitant. D Rose is fools gold. We are not winning with D Rose playing alone of minutes. SAME ISSUE WE NEED A PG and it appears we will not get one in this draft or will be able to trade for one. Also Zach Lavine is not the answer but he would be great at SG same for Beal. These guys are not PGs or like Luka and LeBron. I would take Beal or Lavine but we would still need a PG.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 02-24-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    https://twitter.com/thestrickland/st...118875138?s=21
    .hip to hip. searching for a reason to justify the call

The refs had a dick to dick contact with gsw, that's why they have to call it that way.

With the Kings next, I'm wondering if this is the limit of the Knicks' roster.

Right now, this is an almost .500 team which is something we haven't had in what, 6 yrs? That's something to be happy about.

The good thing is, .500 is good enough for #5 in the Eastern Conference while in the Western Conference .500 gets you #9 slot.
    I envision we will not make the playoffs. We will be passed by Toronto, Miami, and one of a few other teams if they get hot. This season was about team changing its culture and seeing progress from RJ, Mitch, and other young players. We got IQ and Obi learning so thatís good. We are a little ahead of schedule. Itís a positive season, we are competing hard and learning to take the next season step. Letís continue the process and draft well and snag a veteran free agent or two. Itís not a quick rebuild. Letís enjoy this season of competence.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast