Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,807
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I feel like Mac is the only one who might fall to 15, and even he's seemingly climbing up draft boards. I'd be shocked if Bill drafted a QB given that he's almost 70 years old. I can't imagine he plans to stick around for a legit rebuild rather than just blow his load trying to win another ring.
    For what itís worth, in stories over the years, BB reportedly views how he leaves the Pats after he leaves as much a part of his legacy as what they do over the years heís there. Supposedly its one of his goals to leave the team in great position to keep rolling without him.

    That sounds great to say but obviously we all have egos so now that the end is actually coming up for him he might shift to what youíre saying and blow his load for another ring. But at least over the years itís been reported that he isnít inclined to do so. Not extending himself to keep Bradyís window open with the team is at least one indication though heís staying true to that. They could have gone New Orleans or Pittsburgh style and kept kicking the can down the line if he really wanted to. Coming off the STL super bowl Brady wanted a multi year extension.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,500
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    For what itís worth, in stories over the years, BB reportedly views how he leaves the Pats after he leaves as much a part of his legacy as what they do over the years heís there. Supposedly its one of his goals to leave the team in great position to keep rolling without him.

    That sounds great to say but obviously we all have egos so now that the end is actually coming up for him he might shift to what youíre saying and blow his load for another ring. But at least over the years itís been reported that he isnít inclined to do so. Not extending himself to keep Bradyís window open with the team is at least one indication though heís staying true to that. They could have gone New Orleans or Pittsburgh style and kept kicking the can down the line if he really wanted to. Coming off the STL super bowl Brady wanted a multi year extension.
    BB had tried to set the team up for the future, but was constantly overridden by Kraft from what we've heard over the years. Now BB needs another good season to show it wasn't Brady the whole time, but might have to choose between that and setting the Pats up long term.

    He's certainly earned the "selfish" path after being forced to keep Brady longer than planned and deal his young QBs to other teams. But he might rise above it still.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,371
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    For what itís worth, in stories over the years, BB reportedly views how he leaves the Pats after he leaves as much a part of his legacy as what they do over the years heís there. Supposedly its one of his goals to leave the team in great position to keep rolling without him.

    That sounds great to say but obviously we all have egos so now that the end is actually coming up for him he might shift to what youíre saying and blow his load for another ring. But at least over the years itís been reported that he isnít inclined to do so. Not extending himself to keep Bradyís window open with the team is at least one indication though heís staying true to that. They could have gone New Orleans or Pittsburgh style and kept kicking the can down the line if he really wanted to. Coming off the STL super bowl Brady wanted a multi year extension.
    Honestly I would believe him if not for the fact that he basically sold out the future to win the last couple rings. Given Brady's age (and his) at the time its hard to believe they were thinking of the future of the team.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,460
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Honestly I would believe him if not for the fact that he basically sold out the future to win the last couple rings. Given Brady's age (and his) at the time its hard to believe they were thinking of the future of the team.
    Depends how long they were planning on rolling with TB though. Not going to focus solely on the future when TB gives best chance to win now. If Tom was showing serious signs of decline, it would make sense.

    Seems like the TB to Tampa happened within a couple seasons so out the delay there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,500
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Honestly I would believe him if not for the fact that he basically sold out the future to win the last couple rings. Given Brady's age (and his) at the time its hard to believe they were thinking of the future of the team.
    I guess if you don't follow the NFL you might think that... but most know that BB was forced to stick with Tom and trade away Jimmy against his will.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,807
    Unless theyíre gonna go on a major spending spree to upgrade talent, I honestly say just run with Stidham. My plan A would be to sign Cam again, presumably pretty cheap, and leverage both short term and long term flexibility to bring in a talent overhaul. But if they wonít do that, just go with Stidham and bottom out. Another year of BB coaching us up from the absolute sewer to the middle of the pack is the worst thing for us.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,672
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I feel like Mac is the only one who might fall to 15, and even he's seemingly climbing up draft boards. I'd be shocked if Bill drafted a QB given that he's almost 70 years old. I can't imagine he plans to stick around for a legit rebuild rather than just blow his load trying to win another ring.
    Drafting a good rookie QB this year would be the biggest asset in winning another ring within the next 5 years.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,124
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I feel like Mac is the only one who might fall to 15, and even he's seemingly climbing up draft boards. I'd be shocked if Bill drafted a QB given that he's almost 70 years old. I can't imagine he plans to stick around for a legit rebuild rather than just blow his load trying to win another ring.
    Iíve seen some reports that some teams are turning away from Trey Lance and that some have Mac Jones ahead of him on their draft board. So thereís a chance that Mac gets taken in the top 10 and Lance is actually the one that falls.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I guess if you don't follow the NFL you might think that... but most know that BB was forced to stick with Tom and trade away Jimmy against his will.
    I don't think there's a correlation to building for the future. I think he just liked him as Brady's successor and figured Brady was almost done. The rest of the roster was in win now mode IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Drafting a good rookie QB this year would be the biggest asset in winning another ring within the next 5 years.
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years. He's already pushing the oldest every HC age. He needs a 2021 rookie to be ready to go by year 2022, and that's not realistic where they're drafting.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,672
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years. He's already pushing the oldest every HC age. He needs a 2021 rookie to be ready to go by year 2022, and that's not realistic where they're drafting.
    George Halas was a HC at age 72 and that was in the 1960s. Medicine has advanced a lot since then. Belichick had a health scare in 2014 but unless it was a heart attack or pre-stroke, he's probably fine coaching into his 70s.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,250
    For the Patriots I would love it if Mac Jones fell to us at #15 just like how I would love it if Trey Lance fell to us at #15...but if I'm BB and Mr Kraft...knowing them especially Mr Robert Kraft he wants a QB of the future...and he wants one now even if that means we have to move up in the draft to get one. All I'm saying is I won't be surprised if we have a few tricks up our sleeve when it comes to Patriots management.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •