Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    It would be pretty amusing if the Pats wound up with Darnold and he realized his potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Imagine that tho...D'Arnold ends up going to a division rival considering the Jets and Patriots are in the AFC East so if D'Arnold left the Jets and ends up with the Patriots and Bill Belichick actually helps D'Arnold realize his potential

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Imagine that tho...D'Arnold ends up going to a division rival considering the Jets and Patriots are in the AFC East so if D'Arnold left the Jets and ends up with the Patriots and Bill Belichick actually helps D'Arnold realize his potential
    It would be a great storyline.

Unfortunately, I think Darnold just sucks and it would be a waste of time/assets.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

But Belichick wanted Jimmy G over Brady because he wanted to see if he could win with Jimmy G but could there be a BB/Jimmy Garoppolo reunion

Wouldn’t be the first the Patriots have taken the Jets out to the woodshed.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Team without QB looking for QB, and the sky is blue. Local news tonight at 11:00, but you probably can guess what we’ll report!

My exact thought lol

But if we do resign Cam then I'm fine with it

But Belichick wanted Jimmy G over Brady because he wanted to see if he could win with Jimmy G but could there be a BB/Jimmy Garoppolo reunion
    If SF releases him it would make too much sense to not happen. I doubt they'd trade for him though, he's supposed to make around 25M even after the dead cap.

But if we do resign Cam then I'm fine with it
    No no no no no no oh HELL No.

But Cam even said he wants to come back to play for Belichick because he says he didn't play at his best for BB and he wants to redeem himself because of getting COVID and having to adjust to a new offense with no real offseason. I think Cam should get a 2nd chance with the Patriots again but they need to surround him with better weapons.

The Patriots won't have better weapons for Cam, especially because if they re-sign Cam, better weapons won't want to go there.

There was something the other day about the Patriots pitch to WR/TE/RB basically being: "hey want to come here and put up career low numbers?" and that will be true until they get a better QB.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    The Patriots won't have better weapons for Cam, especially because if they re-sign Cam, better weapons won't want to go there.

There was something the other day about the Patriots pitch to WR/TE/RB basically being: "hey want to come here and put up career low numbers?" and that will be true until they get a better QB.
    Players like Cam more than you probably are willing to acknowledge. A-Rob was liking reports that linked Cam was linked to Chicago last year, OBJ and Julio have spent time with him in the offseason, back before AB went bonkers he was being linked to the Panthers because of his relationship with Cam. Just saying, there's a reason Cam put up one of the worst passing stats of the modern league and players still say they'd like him back.

Not that it's even impressive given the no-names he threw to, but I'm pretty sure every WR and TE had a career year in 2020. Hell, even Edelman had a career game in one of his 3 healthy games. If Cam could force Edelman into a near 200 yard game, I'm sure he could force the ball to any "good" weapon.

Pats certainly won’t get any discounts from WR/TE. And the elite guys who can afford to take a little less likely couldn’t even be persuaded by NE coming in over the top. A guy like Allen Robinson probably would turn down an extra couple million/year to play for NE to go somewhere with a better QB. Same with a guy like Marvin Jones whose made some money. But would guys like Curtis Samuel, Will Fuller, Jonnu Smith, Rasheed Higgins, etc that are hitting FA for the first time? Maybe, not every year we see plays sign with absolute garbage franchises because cash is still kind.

Historically, NE has often paid top dollar for multiple players at a time despite perception. They let a lot of guys walk because they’ve had so many great players over the last two decades that you can simultaneously keep a good number while also allowing a lot of guys to walk too. Most of the time, it’s been their own that they pay but in the few occasions that they have had major cap space they’ve handed out top of the market money. There really aren’t any layers currently on the team other than Joe Thuney worth making top of the market salaries and other than JC Jackson there probably isn’t anyone in the pipeline for the next few years. So they have the short term and the long term money to allocate to outside guys.

Now, we’ll we see how it plays out because historically when they’ve shopped at the top of the FA market it was for players truly justifying such deals. Will they be willing to overpay with elite prices for maybe guys who don’t quite deserve it? It’s a new situation for them to have a roster so devoid of talent really.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they spend more of their FA dollars on defense and use the draft for offense if recruiting players is an issues. And BB has a pretty good track record of telling mid market defenders to sign here for good money now and in 2-3 years you can go get GREAT money. I still think he can make that pitch to defenders. Offensively, I think you might need to go to the draft where the guys got no choice but to play for you if you take him. But I can also see them being involved in the 3rd and 4th tier guys offensively too.

Unless we somehow get either Cam to re sign or we get another cheap QB somehow like an Andy Dalton or someone and we just start winning games again then people will want to come to New England in 2022 and beyond especially if we can somehow restore our reputation as a franchise

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/20...-qb-prospects/

Despite rumors of the New England Patriots favoring a veteran quarterback for this season, they still appear to be doing their research on the rookie class.

According a report on Tuesday from The Athletic’s Jeff Howe, the Patriots are ‘heavily scouting’ the top quarterback choices, including Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence. New England has the No. 15 pick and it’s likely that at least one of the five top choices will be on the board and available.

“The Patriots have been heavily scouting the top five quarterbacks in the class,” Howe said in the column. “Including some who would almost certainly require a trade up the board, according to several sources. That group includes Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, BYU’s Zach Wilson, North Dakota State’s Trey Lance, Ohio State’s Justin Fields and Alabama’s Mac Jones.”
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/20...-qb-prospects/

Despite rumors of the New England Patriots favoring a veteran quarterback for this season, they still appear to be doing their research on the rookie class.

According a report on Tuesday from The Athletic’s Jeff Howe, the Patriots are ‘heavily scouting’ the top quarterback choices, including Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence. New England has the No. 15 pick and it’s likely that at least one of the five top choices will be on the board and available.

“The Patriots have been heavily scouting the top five quarterbacks in the class,” Howe said in the column. “Including some who would almost certainly require a trade up the board, according to several sources. That group includes Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, BYU’s Zach Wilson, North Dakota State’s Trey Lance, Ohio State’s Justin Fields and Alabama’s Mac Jones.”
    I feel like Mac is the only one who might fall to 15, and even he's seemingly climbing up draft boards. I'd be shocked if Bill drafted a QB given that he's almost 70 years old. I can't imagine he plans to stick around for a legit rebuild rather than just blow his load trying to win another ring.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast