Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TWolves fire HC Ryan Saunders, hire Raps assistant Chris Finch

Per Twitter.

For what it's worth, I'm really happy to see Chris Finch finally get his chance as head coach. He was the G-League coach and eventually an assistant coach with the Rockets for years, and he was extremely well-regarded within the organization. For years, the chatter was that Morey was building him up to be the team's next head coach. Dude is a really great offensive mind, and I'm curious to see what he does with that young core in Minnesota.

What odd timing.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    What odd timing.
    Agreed. I mean I could be wrong but I don't remember a mid season firing where they hired a coach from another team?? I feel like the pieces that the Wolves have are intriguing on paper but there's been a buuuuunch of losing with those guys and bad habits and absolutely no defense played by any of the "key" guys. Gonna be a tough spot to succeed.

First the pacers now the Twolves, stop taking our assistants dam lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Agreed. I mean I could be wrong but I don't remember a mid season firing where they hired a coach from another team?? I feel like the pieces that the Wolves have are intriguing on paper but there's been a buuuuunch of losing with those guys and bad habits and absolutely no defense played by any of the "key" guys. Gonna be a tough spot to succeed.
    I can't find it but I'm curious if they interviewed him when hiring Saunders in the first place. Other than that, this makes no sense at all.

Also I know Wolves fans are likely tired of hearing this but maybe they should blow it up. Not being a lot more aggressive this past offseason I think that might have hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I can't find it but I'm curious if they interviewed him when hiring Saunders in the first place. Other than that, this makes no sense at all.

Also I know Wolves fans are likely tired of hearing this but maybe they should blow it up. Not being a lot more aggressive this past offseason I think that might have hurt them.
    Well, at this point I think it's obvious that Towns just isn't a winning player. Could he go team up with a LeBron/KD/Curry level guy and win? Sure. But he's not a guy that's gonna get you anywhere on his own. Neither is Russell. I agree they should probably look to move those guys and start over unless possibly making the playoffs once in the next 5yrs is their goal. Why pay guys big money to be the worst team in the league?

The team should honestly probably just be relocated.

Build a team with trash, get trashy results.

Towns and Russell are fine supporting scorers, but not main guys. Not enough leadership, maturity, nor two-way ability.

That said, it sounds like they got a good hire. A guy who's paid his dues. Hopefully they make some trades to give this guy a good shot. I'd trade Towns, Russell and Beasley. None of them should be tank commander, they all have their issues leading that role.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    First the pacers now the Twolves, stop taking our assistants dam lol
    Never love losing guys, but it is a compliment to the organization when other teams want your coaches.

Raptor will send you 4 picks for KAT.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    The team should honestly probably just be relocated.
    Feel bad for them. I canít think of a team with worse luck

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Raptor will send you 4 picks for KAT.
    & Baynes lol

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Never love losing guys, but it is a compliment to the organization when other teams want your coaches.
    Yes but I canít help wonder if it weakens our teams ability by losing coaches too. It certainly canít help. Weíre already playing 0 home games. Just donít need any more disadvantages.

Markannen/Carter Jr./2021 1st for KAT. Címon Wolves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast