Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm not sure about Ryu be close to as good as Cole but whatever helps u sleep at night.

The Jay's offensive look like it could be top 5 but after RYU their pitching is thin both in the rotation and BP. Yes our rotation is injury prone but talent wise comparing the two pitching staffs, it's not, close

I somehow think the Rays will be the 2nd place to this yr. Their farm is so stacked and most of their talent I in high a and up. They ll get full seasons from Arozarena, McKay and most of a season from Franco and the top pitching spec they gott back for Snell should be ready or close.. its not hard to see the Rays patch working a rotation and the overall talent they have to win 90 games

I have to disagree about the rotation behind cole . The talent behind him is questionable for the most part . I mean no one has any idea what to expect from them . And when was the last time a team cruised to a division with 3 starters that have had 4 tommy john surgeries in the last 5 years ? I am not saying the jays have as good a rotation as the yanks do behind cole but to say it’s not even close is over estimating a group of question marks and lottery tickets . I mean this is the same blue jays team that finished just 1 game behind the Yankees last season .and now the Yankees are without Tanaka and Paxton. As for the rays I can definitely see them being an above .500 team but unless their rotation is lights out again , I find it hard to believe that they are good for more than 82 or 83 wins . And if both the jays and rays finish above .500 which I think is a decent possibility, then don’t expect the Yankees to win 100 games .
    Last edited by Posada20; 02-24-2021 at 07:38 AM.

I previously gave my risk adjusted prediction of 94 with hope for more, but since several posters are giving various scenarios, I could do the same. in fact, I actually believe with the continual stream of positive news that we have been receiving that on positive days I believe that they will win 102 games, so I'm keeping 94 for the floor and 106 for the apex. How's that for a definite maybe. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I previously gave my risk adjusted prediction of 94 with hope for more, but since several posters are giving various scenarios, I could do the same. in fact, I actually believe with the continual stream of positive news that we have been receiving that on positive days I believe that they will win 102 games, so I'm keeping 94 for the floor and 106 for the apex. How's that for a definite maybe. LOL.
    Well Johnny you must also consider the weather, don't forget about full moons, day games in August, sleep cycles on west coast trips, hangovers, lay overs and bad left overs.... I'm sure I missed 100 or so, but rest assured Nicky has taken them all into consideration.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I was wrong about who we play, we play 5 games a piece against the NL East teams. No NL Central or West.. my bad.

I believe healthy this is easily the best team in the AL East and just a bit ahead of the CWS and Twins for the entire AL. If Toronto can get their top pitching specs to the MLB this yr then they would be trouble but there pitching looks like its a yr plus away. Besides us if another AL East team wins 90+ games they are playing above expectations.

To me it all comes down to if we can avoid long injuries, everybody is going to miss a few games here and there, its avoiding the 30+ days IL visits will make all the difference.

I'm not seeing those 5 games. I see 6 with the Mets, 4 with the Braves and Phillies and 3 with the the Nats and Marlins.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I went off a Bleacher Report article so I'm sure your right.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I went off a Bleacher Report article so I'm sure your right.
    But Bleacher Report is soooooo reliable..... I trust them completely and they are not tabloid at all!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    But Bleacher Report is soooooo reliable..... I trust them completely and they are not tabloid at all!
    lol , i knew as soon as i used then as a source i made a mistake

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    lol , i knew as soon as i used then as a source i made a mistake
    There was a time when they were actually good. It's a bummer they went this route

Ignorance is bliss

104 wins
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    OK got it. Jays and Rays will be tough.
    Rays will fall back after losing Snell. Too much to overcome. And not every trade for specs works out at 100%. After getting lucky with Meadows and Glasnow their specs with Snell will probably crash and burn.

Jays are the team that worries me for the next 5 years.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Rays will fall back after losing Snell. Too much to overcome. And not every trade for specs works out at 100%. After getting lucky with Meadows and Glasnow their specs with Snell will probably crash and burn.

Jays are the team that worries me for the next 5 years.
    Rays will fall back for sure but I still think they could be an annoyance to the Yankees , I remember a few years ago when the rays weren’t a very good team , the gave the yanks fits .

92 wins

If we can stay "reasonably" healthy (and we sure are due for that) this team can easily win 102 games. That's all I ask for. If we're healthy everything else will fall nicely into place

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    If we can stay "reasonably" healthy (and we sure are due for that) this team can easily win 102 games. That's all I ask for. If we're healthy everything else will fall nicely into place
    Runner, don't be a stranger. Always good to see you post.

I would agree with the health, I imagine most here would (save for one Eeyore). I like the inherent optimism in 102 wins. Imo alot will depend on what they get from Kluber and Tallion. How much Sevy is able to contribute. Garcia, Monty, German, King, Schmidt will all battle for innings and the 5th spot. Nice problem to have. A six man rotation is possible early in season due to lack of innings last year. I heard it mentioned during on air interview with Boone. He didn't endorse the idea, but he also didn't deny the possibility.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast