Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OK got it. Jays and Rays will be tough.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well someone in this thread said the rest of the al is weak . And I was pointed out that he jays aren’t bad and will be facing the same “ weak” al
    You might be confused. No mention in this thread.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    You might be confused. No mention in this thread.

YANKSGUY said:
    Today 12:20 PM
    I'm going to hope for the best and say they can win 100+. Plenty of bad teams to play.

By saying there are plenty of bad teams to play he is alluding that the al is weak . And I never disagreed with that .
    Last edited by Posada20; 02-22-2021 at 03:10 PM.

OK

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    OK
    Yeah. There are plenty of ignorant and flat out stupid poster with terrible comprehension levels.

Personally, I think there are plenty of good teams the Yankees will play.
    Jays and Rays , Twins and Indians, Astros and Angels all look good.
    As, White Sox and possibly the Red Sox will be solid
    Royals, Tigers, Mariners, Rangers, Os and possibly the Red Sox will be the bad teams, I think 5-6 really crappy teams constitutes "plenty" of them without interpreting that meaning, the entire league is bad.

Ignorance is bliss

I am going to say they win 91 games. They are the best team in the East however outside of the improving Blue Jays I think each team has taken a step back. Much more balanced this year in the AL East than there has been in some time.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I am going to say they win 91 games. They are the best team in the East however outside of the improving Blue Jays I think each team has taken a step back. Much more balanced this year in the AL East than there has been in some time.
    yanks will win in the low 90's could win a few games more but that depends first on the very suspect starting pitching. what does kluber and tailman have to show? also the injuries to the lineup.. will judge and stanton miss a bunch of games again this year?.. plus the bullpen is also very suspect britton is the only one i trust in the pen.. chapman is shaky plus he been injured the last few years

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks will win in the low 90's could win a few games more but that depends first on the very suspect starting pitching. what does kluber and tailman have to show? also the injuries to the lineup.. will judge and stanton miss a bunch of games again this year?.. plus the bullpen is also very suspect britton is the only one i trust in the pen.. chapman is shaky plus he been injured the last few years
    I honestly think their season largely depends on what they get from both taillon and kluber

I'll go with 96. I'm sure they'll face some injuries, but the offense will carry the team to a lot of wins regardless of how the pitching is. Being healthy and the rotation getting in a groove is what they need late in the season, offense should carry them to the playoffs alone.

Agreed ^ I'm hoping that they stay healthier and not having to face another elite team should help with a few wins. I think I should have checked which NL teams we play before I picked

95 wins.

Looking ahead at the schedule we play the NL Central and East this yr not the NL West which should help our win totals. With as weak as the rest of the AL is, if our pitching stays mostly healthy and we get some contributions from the kids, IMO we win 100 games pretty easily

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Looking ahead at the schedule we play the NL Central and East this yr not the NL West which should help our win totals. With as weak as the rest of the AL is, if our pitching stays mostly healthy and we get some contributions from the kids, IMO we win 100 games pretty easily
    Great prediction but the nl East is actually tougher than the al East . How many times will the Yankees be facing the nl central ? If it’s more than 20 times you may have a point. Either way I think you might be underestimating the rest of the AL just a little bit . Not that anyone in the AL is likely better than the Yankees but I have my doubts at how weak it is . And btw the Yankees were 10-10 vs. the nl East last season
    Last edited by Posada20; 02-24-2021 at 12:12 AM.

I was wrong about who we play, we play 5 games a piece against the NL East teams. No NL Central or West.. my bad.

I believe healthy this is easily the best team in the AL East and just a bit ahead of the CWS and Twins for the entire AL. If Toronto can get their top pitching specs to the MLB this yr then they would be trouble but there pitching looks like its a yr plus away. Besides us if another AL East team wins 90+ games they are playing above expectations.

To me it all comes down to if we can avoid long injuries, everybody is going to miss a few games here and there, its avoiding the 30+ days IL visits will make all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I was wrong about who we play, we play 5 games a piece against the NL East teams. No NL Central or West.. my bad.

I believe healthy this is easily the best team in the AL East and just a bit ahead of the CWS and Twins for the entire AL. If Toronto can get their top pitching specs to the MLB this yr then they would be trouble but there pitching looks like its a yr plus away. Besides us if another AL East team wins 90+ games they are playing above expectations.

To me it all comes down to if we can avoid long injuries, everybody is going to miss a few games here and there, its avoiding the 30+ days IL visits will make all the difference.
    Ryu put up very similar numbers last season to cole

He was 5-2 with a 2.69 era with a 3 war
    Cole was 7-3 with a 2.84 era and with a 2.2 war . And Cole did pitch 6 more innings than ryu but still their numbers last season were similar . Not saying ryu is better or even as good as Cole but still he isn’t that much worse either . As for no one else in the al East winning 90 games , don’t forget the jays and rays will be facing the same teams as the Yankees . I seriously think the jays have a chance to win 90 games .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast