Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Noah Syndergaard

I know that this is thinking way out of the box but what about making Syndergaard our closer when he is ready ?

He would whine about it.

Yeah, I think he'd definitely not be a fan. I'd rather just keep him a starter, although I guess there is some merit to trying it before he settles back into starting games.

Honestly, **** it, let's just have our starters close after 3 or 4 days off, if they only throw 15 pitches they wouldn't tax their arms too much before a start, right?

Just ignore me [emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Closing games would be a waste of his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Closing games would be a waste of his talent.
    Would you have said the same about Mariano ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Mariano was a 1 pitch pitcher, granted it was unhittable but still a 1 pitch pitcher.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Syndergaard, at times, was the ace of the staff even while deGrom was here. He has great stuff. He has had some misfortune in terms of injury, but let's see what he's got after his recuperation. Don't give up on the big guy yet. He has the nerves of steel and is as talented a pitcher as there is. If I had to choose a go to SP in a game of need and my options were Thor, Stroman or Taijuan, it would be Thor. I might choose him over Cookie. And in certain years, choose him over deGrom (although I know that is sacrilege).

I just want Syndergaard to come back healthy, have no setbacks, and be the top of the rotation arm we know he can be. I am glad he's throwing well, that he looks in game shape, etc but just be on a major league mound in June please.

Hopefully this team will have high leverage games in September and postseason games in October for him to pitch.

Wonder how that would impact his physical recovery after surgery. Not sure you want this guy going every night. Iím quite certain his agent wonít let it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

The only reason we're having this conversation is because there is a contingency of old, bitter fans who don't like it when players show personality. They have none themselves, so it offends them when someone else does.

Even with his odd 2019, Thor's career ERA is 3.30 or something. Take it out and he's a sub-3 pitcher. He's great, and his Instagram page is not why he's been injured.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    The only reason we're having this conversation is because there is a contingency of old, bitter fans who don't like it when players show personality. They have none themselves, so it offends them when someone else does.

Even with his odd 2019, Thor's career ERA is 3.30 or something. Take it out and he's a sub-3 pitcher. He's great, and his Instagram page is not why he's been injured.
    Yeah it's pretty insane that Mets fans don't appreciate this guy. He's a legitimate TORP and he's our guy. Appreciate it and enjoy it.

To a much greater extent, Mets fans did the same thing to Carlos Beltran. They never forgave him for that one at bat and spent the remainder of his really remarkable tenure with the Mets dogging him.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Actually Eckersley and Smoltz made the transition very well.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post

Nailed it! Why people are bashing on Thor never set right with me. He is our Number 2 without question.

Question, the 60 day DL stint for Thor, does the clock start now? or on opening day? I was under the impression it started now.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Yeah it's pretty insane that Mets fans don't appreciate this guy. He's a legitimate TORP and he's our guy. Appreciate it and enjoy it.

To a much greater extent, Mets fans did the same thing to Carlos Beltran. They never forgave him for that one at bat and spent the remainder of his really remarkable tenure with the Mets dogging him.
    And the social media stuff...I think he is hilarious, and calling out Bauer should let every Mets fan know what he feels about his team and their fanbase. He has our back!!