Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    McNeil has put on some muscle, and I didn't know that McAnn is jacked.

Line up could be flipped around a lot just like last year. Interested to see if Nimmo flourishes this year at the lead off position.

nimmo
    mcneil
    lindor
    conforto
    pete
    dom
    mccann
    jd

or

lindor
    mcneil
    conforto
    pete
    dom
    jd
    mccann
    nimmo

I'm leaning towards the first line up to give Lindor more AB's with men on base, but I like the the match ups in the second one as well. If there is a DH, the Almora/Pillar would bat 9th.

I am more inclined to put Dombo in the 3 hole if what we saw the last two years was not an apparition.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Here is how I would do the Mets lineup frankly:

Nimmo
    Lindor
    Conforto
    McNeil
    Alonso
    Dom Smith
    JD Davis
    McCann
    Pitcher

Polar Bear taking grounders at 3B today with JD. Probably nothing, but interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Polar Bear taking grounders at 3B today with JD. Probably nothing, but interesting.
    Pete at 3B, Dom at 1B, Nimmo in LF and Almora, etc. in CF would give us only one (albeit significant) defensive liability (Pete) vs. 4 guys (Pete at 1B, Dom in LF, Nimmo in CF, Davis at 3B) who are either subpar and/or out of position.

If Kelenic were still on the Mets, i'd be giving him a very hard look in Spring Training with the intent of him platooning at MLB level to start 2021. He did ok in AA but average was down. However not uncommon for those doing very well in A and A+. Of course i'm looking at stats only and not reading any articles or anything else.

Too bad there was no 2020 season for him in the minors. I definitely would have had him at AAA in 2020 covid aside.

Overall I am very comfortable with the offseason and the depth of this team.

Pete at 3B, Dom at 1B, Nimmo in LF and Almora, etc. in CF would give us only one (albeit significant) defensive liability (Pete) vs. 4 guys (Pete at 1B, Dom in LF, Nimmo in CF, Davis at 3B) who are either subpar and/or out of position.
    No way your playing Pete Alonso at 3B in a MLB game. I think what you will see more often than not and ALWAYS against LHP is Pillar in CF. That moves Nimmo to LF where he grades out as Above average defensively. I also think that JD Davis is hearing the chirping about his defense. If that were me, I would be working with the infield coaches 10 times a day just to improve. I think we will see him become passable at the hot corner. Just my opinion. Pillar is not going to hurt you in the OF.
    Last edited by Rocco Hardball; 02-24-2021 at 03:16 PM.

No one in the world is against the DH more than me. A pure traditionalist at the core. We really really need the DH this year. Without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Here is how I would do the Mets lineup frankly:

Nimmo
    Lindor
    Conforto
    McNeil
    Alonso
    Dom Smith
    JD Davis
    McCann
    Pitcher
    I like a little more L/R balance
    Nimmo
    McNiel
    Lindor
    Alonso
    Conforto
    Davis
    Smith
    McCann
    Pitcher

Lindor batting in front of Polar Pete is HUGE. Conforto batting behind him is just as HUGE. What a lineup!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    No way your playing Pete Alonso at 3B in a MLB game. I think what you will see more often than not and ALWAYS against LHP is Pillar in CF. That moves Nimmo to LF where he grades out as Above average defensively. I also think that JD Davis is hearing the chirping about his defense. If that were me, I would be working with the infield coaches 10 times a day just to improve. I think we will see him become passable at the hot corner. Just my opinion. Pillar is not going to hurt you in the OF.
    I never advocated for Pete at 3B. Just wrote what I saw from this morning's videos. I doubt it will happen, unless in an emergency.

However seeing him there made me realize that not having a DH makes us weak/er at 4 defensive positions: 1B, LF, CF and 3B.

I never advocated for Pete at 3B. Just wrote what I saw from this morning's videos. I doubt it will happen, unless in an emergency.

However seeing him there made me realize that not having a DH makes us weak/er at 4 defensive positions: 1B, LF, CF and 3B.
    Not if Pillar is in CF.

Pete is not below average at 1B, he is not Hernandez, but far from below average.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast