Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thor is an interesting case. I think best case scenario would be a 1 year deal or QO for him because honestly, can't see anything else being worth it for both sides. A multi-year team friendly deal is probably not super worth it for him, and giving him a decent multi year deal is not worth it for us because we have no idea what he is after getting TJ. Probably will be a one year deal

Can we sign Lindor long term already so I can buy the jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read somewhere rojas plans to bat lindor third. I always thought jose reyes wouldve been good at 3 but i dont recall seeing it outside of spring training. Ill be honest i only know lindor through his numbers and articles. Never followed his career. Is he a better hitter than reyes at his prime? I know hes had a couple of mvp caliber years but its a different time. Id prefer him batting 1st or 2nd. Jeff mcneil batting 2nd doesnt work for me either. He doesnt let balls go past him. Hell work the count mastertully but never give baserunners anything to run on. Thats why i think he should bat 3rd and really is the only place he should bat. I also like conforto batting 2nd but with nimmo batting 1st makes sense putting lindor 2nd and conforto 4 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcoreicon View Post
    I read somewhere rojas plans to bat lindor third. I always thought jose reyes wouldve been good at 3 but i dont recall seeing it outside of spring training. Ill be honest i only know lindor through his numbers and articles. Never followed his career. Is he a better hitter than reyes at his prime? I know hes had a couple of mvp caliber years but its a different time. Id prefer him batting 1st or 2nd. Jeff mcneil batting 2nd doesnt work for me either. He doesnt let balls go past him. Hell work the count mastertully but never give baserunners anything to run on. Thats why i think he should bat 3rd and really is the only place he should bat. I also like conforto batting 2nd but with nimmo batting 1st makes sense putting lindor 2nd and conforto 4 or 5.
    I think 08 Reyes minus the stolen bases would be the best comp for Lindor.

I think Lindor batting 5th makes the most sense.

Nimmo
    McNeil
    Alonso
    Conforto
    Lindor
    Dom
    JD
    McCann

Lindor is probably the 5th or 6th best hitter on the team, I’d keep him lower in the lineup.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post

Nimmo
    McNeil
    Alonso
    Conforto
    Lindor
    Dom
    JD
    McCann

Lindor is probably the 5th or 6th best hitter on the team, I’d keep him lower in the lineup.

How many seasons did Reyes have a slugging percentage over .500?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    How many seasons did Reyes have a slugging percentage over .500?
    He was asking for a comparison of Lindor to Reyes. Lindor definitely has more pop and they’re not really comparable but I think a season where Reyes had a 118 wRC+ wouldn’t be too far off from Lindor’s career marks.

Lindor has more pop, Reyes was faster...Reyes was a “table setter” while Lindor is a “middle of the order guy”

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I could see having Lindor batting 3rd and Alonso 5th to start the season and then flipping them back and forth whenever one is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    I could see having Lindor batting 3rd and Alonso 5th to start the season and then flipping them back and forth whenever one is hot.
    3rd seems like the spot for Lindor based on his history and the construction of this team. He mostly hit 1st but I'm not sure that makes sense with Nimmo and McNeil on the team.

He was asking for a comparison of Lindor to Reyes. Lindor definitely has more pop and they’re not really comparable but I think a season where Reyes had a 118 wRC+ wouldn’t be too far off from Lindor’s career marks.

Lindor has more pop, Reyes was faster...Reyes was a “table setter” while Lindor is a “middle of the order guy”

Lindor has a career wOBA of .351, Conforto has a career .358, Reyes is at .330

Hanley Rameriz and Troy Tulowitzki are probably better comps.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Jon Heyman

Asked if the Mets would be scouting Yoenis Cespedes’ workout/showcase, Mets president Sandy Alderson responded, “We’re going to rent horses and ride to the workout.”

Nimmo
    McNeil
    Alonso
    Conforto
    Lindor
    Dom
    JD
    McCann

You could also go with Lindor batting #3 because of his speed.

In any case, I prefer the combo of Nimmo and McNeil, both on base junkies. As they have done in the past, Alonso has batted up in the order, mostly #2. I could see him at #3 or even maybe later down in the order depending on what he does coming out of the gate.

The curious case of Pillar/Almora. Seems like Mets are betting on the DH. But I would not be surprised if it turns out, as it does appear now, that there is no DH, for the Mets to trade Dom. Naturally, they have to get a good return for him. But it does appear the Mets have set themselves up to have Pillar in CF. If that comes to pass, whatever way it works out, you might have 3 RH hitters back to back in JD, McAnn, Pillar.

I've always felt that with a decent hitting catcher, because they get limited ABs batting down in the order and playing less games, that occasionally at least, I would take a shot at having McCann bat up in the order, at least now and then. Of course, that goes against convention. Ultimately, however, batting order doesn't make that much of a difference in results, with one exception.....the one exception being that you should bat first (top of the order) the hitters that have the better on base percentage. In this case Nimmo and McNeil.

So, following that principle, Lindor has NOT shown a propensity to get on base as much as others, i.e., on base percentage, while Conforto has (as well as Nimmo-McNeil). Possibly Alonso as well if pitchers start walking him a lot But, good thing (maybe) is that he strikes out a lot which means less hitting into DPs batting behind Nimmo-McNeil.

Bottom line, other than Nimmo-McNeil, you could go so many ways with the batting order and in the end it probably does not have a significant effect.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    You could also go with Lindor batting #3 because of his speed.

In any case, I prefer the combo of Nimmo and McNeil, both on base junkies. As they have done in the past, Alonso has batted up in the order, mostly #2. I could see him at #3 or even maybe later down in the order depending on what he does coming out of the gate.

The curious case of Pillar/Almora. Seems like Mets are betting on the DH. But I would not be surprised if it turns out, as it does appear now, that there is no DH, for the Mets to trade Dom. Naturally, they have to get a good return for him. But it does appear the Mets have set themselves up to have Pillar in CF. If that comes to pass, whatever way it works out, you might have 3 RH hitters back to back in JD, McAnn, Pillar.

I've always felt that with a decent hitting catcher, because they get limited ABs batting down in the order and playing less games, that occasionally at least, I would take a shot at having McCann bat up in the order, at least now and then. Of course, that goes against convention. Ultimately, however, batting order doesn't make that much of a difference in results, with one exception.....the one exception being that you should bat first (top of the order) the hitters that have the better on base percentage. In this case Nimmo and McNeil.

So, following that principle, Lindor has NOT shown a propensity to get on base as much as others, i.e., on base percentage, while Conforto has (as well as Nimmo-McNeil). Possibly Alonso as well if pitchers start walking him a lot But, good thing (maybe) is that he strikes out a lot which means less hitting into DPs batting behind Nimmo-McNeil.

Bottom line, other than Nimmo-McNeil, you could go so many ways with the batting order and in the end it probably does not have a significant effect.
    I don’t see any way Dom is traded.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I don’t see any way Dom is traded.

They don't trade Dom now. Let's see what he does as the primary LF. And leave Alonso at 1b unless playing the AL in their park - then Alonso DH and Smith at 1b. If Smith is all that he showed last year, then he is a keeper. Otherwise, he could be a trade option later in the season or in the offseason. Keep in mind the Mets already have 2 DH candidates in Cano (when he comes back next year) and J. D. Davis. I would put Alonso in the category too. We don't need anymore DH candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Good tell Sandy to give Mr Blue hair 10/325 and get him signed.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast