Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Spring Training 2021

Jayson Stark

Got so many fun and creative responses in this survey from people across the game. Here's one that made me laugh.

It came from a voter who gave the Mets an "unrecognizable team" vote. Why?

“They look happy. I don't recognize that.”

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Mets teams always look happy in ST is once June comes that **** bottoms out.

As much as I want to see Syndergaard come back from TJ earlier than any human on record, putting him on the 60 makes sense of several levels: 1) we don't have to make a premature move on the 40, and can see how things play out organically with guys on the bubble after a short season; 2) it prevents Noah from going nuts too early, because no matter what he does, he's not eligible until June. Plus, his innings are likely to be limited anyway and 3) this lets the competition between Peterson and other #5 options play out, giving them an opportunity to increase their value internally and as possible chips..

Just think, Thor will be our big trade a month before the trade deadline and we don't need to give anyone up. But then you could say, Cano will be our big trade for DH next year, and we don't need to give anyone up, lol.

If we traded Syndergaard mid-season we'd be trading an elite-level pitcher at his lowest value. We'd be trading a potentially dominant pitcher on a team that is likely headed to the playoffs after a short season, when innings counts will be closely watched and help will be needed. If he happens to get locked in for the playoffs he's better than anyone on the staff not named deGrom. Even when he's not locked in he has more value than most pitchers in the game. At the very least I'd let him play out the season and offer him a QO. Noah gets a lot of grief in this forum, because his numbers haven't lived up to expectations and his persona, in large part because of injury. But I think he has top-5 potential and is much more than the "thrower" category people pigeonhole him into. His stuff has evolved and will evolve; he's a smart guy, a student of the game who is just hitting his prime. Getting rid of him at what would essentially be his lowest value would be a mistake.

He meant trade as in acquisition since he would be out till june. Not actually trading him

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    He meant trade as in acquisition since he would be out till june. Not actually trading him

Do not trade Syndergaard this year. We should only make trades now to get someone really valuable in a position of need. Thor will not get you somebody of high enough value like the young third baseman everyone was talking about or another SP who will slot in the middle to top of the rotation. Not at this point in time and probably at no point during the 2021 season. That being said, he will likely end up a free agent. Maybe make him a QO if he deserves it or just let him go, take the draft pick and move on.

I forget, did the Wilpons and their puppet BVW give Wheeler a QO that he declined?

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

Ooooh...sorry about that!

One of these years maybe we won't be snake bit in June. Keep the guys out of Florida, lol. The snake capital of the world it seems. Tell the Marlins we will forfeit all games that are played in Florida and tell the Rays we don't do Tampa, lol.

Hey, isn't that what happened to the immortal Sidd Finch? Wasn't he eaten by an angry alligator in Port St. Lucie?

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    I forget, did the Wilpons and their puppet BVW give Wheeler a QO that he declined?
    I believe so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Yes they drafted Isaiah Green with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yes they drafted Isaiah Green with it.
    Worst case if Thor doesn't sign a one year or other team friendly contract by the end of 21, the FO offers him a QO. If he accepts like Stroman did, good. If not, we move on and draft someone with it. Thor will have a lot of suitors for sure unless his arm totally falls off.

Dominic Smith Interviews Barry Bonds
    https://metsmerizedonline.com/2021/0...medium=twitter

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast