Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** if Lindor isn't extended?

Like I see all these Met fans screaming on social media but Lindor is coming off a down year. I think he has to show that's all it was. Not to mention with Story, Seager, Correa, and Baez as FA, its not like there aren't alternate options. Yes, I'm aware that the Mets made that trade with the intention of him being their long term solution at SS but I dont think it matters much if they extend him or not.

They'll have an opportunity to bring him back as a FA if they want to as well.

Iíd like to see a deal get done
    But if not, I have confidence in Steve to get it done
    Not sure I have confidence in Sandy

I donít get it. You were more than fine with the 36 year old PED suspended Cano and Diaz trade when it happened but youíre cool if we donít sign 27 year old All Pro Lindor?

They need to sign the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I donít get it. You were more than fine with the 36 year old PED suspended Cano and Diaz trade when it happened but youíre cool if we donít sign 27 year old All Pro Lindor?

Times change, as do people.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Honestly I donít care if they sign Lindor or not. I still think heís a little overrated. Excellent player but I think heís going to regress in a ridiculous way after heís 33ish.

I wouldnít want to buy 5 years only to get another 5 years at a bad price.

Conforto is the bigger priority IMO - heís proven to succeed here, is a clubhouse guy, and is by far the best outfielder on the market next year. He needs to be re-signed, especially if thereís a DH next year.

As for Lindor, I said it but I think Story or Seager are the better shortstops. I would personally go hard after Story if Lindor wasnít extended.

Extend the man but donít give him whatever he wants.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

I would love to see it because he is the best SS in baseball if you consider everything (offensively with defense)... but we didn't mortgage the world for him so if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I think he is worth 300-320M but if he wants to top Tatis Jr contract for overall money, I don't know how I feel about that

I don't see the big deal when so many star SSs are available next year and Lindor is coming off a down year. To me, he has to prove that it wasnt just an aberration before you throw 330 million dollars at him. Different times, man. We have an owner who is willing to spend money. If they don't bring back Lindor, they'll be in the market for someone else. Its not like the Wilpons whose major acquisitions were few and far between so you had to hope for the best, which that's what I and others were doing at the time of the Cano/Diaz trade.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-20-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Yes they need to sign him, heís one of the best players in the game. And they will IMO.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

If they let him walk, I would question the motivation behind the trade. That said, there are plenty of good consolation prizes and you can use the additional money not spent on Lindor to upgrade elsewhere.

I do think he'll be a Met for the long term but if things **** the bed, I'm confident they'll be fine.

I would be ticked because extensions were the excuse for smaller offers or no offers to other FAís.

Also this entire prove yourself thing is nonsense. He may have had a down year last year, but no one knows how any of these other SS could handle NY if we sign them next year.

The organizations social media is constantly posting about the smiles and the energy with his picture and turning this guy into something big right now. It would be a disaster after everything that has happened and been said to let this guy walk.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I would be ticked because extensions were the excuse for smaller offers or no offers to other FAís.

Also this entire prove yourself thing is nonsense. He may have had a down year last year, but no one knows how any of these other SS could handle NY if we sign them next year.

The organizations social media is constantly posting about the smiles and the energy with his picture and turning this guy into something big right now. It would be a disaster after everything that has happened and been said to let this guy walk.

I would never give a player 300+million coming off a down season. I understand it was a anomalous 60 games but thats a lot of money to pay for a most recent ****** performance. Yeah, you bet on his age and his resume but those recent results can be an indication of regression as well. Its a slippery slope.

Look, I get the optics wouldn't be great but its not like it's Lindor or bust. That FA SS market in 2022 is the best we've ever seen in one offseason.

I like Lindor a lot but he's not a must sign. Neither is Conforto imo.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I would never give a player 300+million coming off a down season. I understand it was a anomalous 60 games but thats a lot of money to pay for a most recent ****** performance. Yeah, you bet on his age and his resume but those recent results can be an indication of regression as well. Its a slippery slope.

Look, I get the optics wouldn't be great but its not like it's Lindor or bust. That FA SS market in 2022 is the best we've ever seen in one offseason.

I like Lindor a lot but he's not a must sign. Neither is Conforto imo.
    He had an fWAR of 1.8 last year which equates to 4.9 for a full season. Granted itís no 7.5, but having a down year of 4.9 is pretty effen good.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He had an fWAR of 1.8 last year which equates to 4.9 for a full season. Granted itís no 7.5, but having a down year of 4.9 is pretty effen good.
    Don't love the 102 wRC+ and .157 ISO in 2020 at all. Hopefully it was just a bad season because of unordinary circumstances. I'm not moved either way though. If they sign him, great. If they don't, they can try again next offseason or find another SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Iíd rather put the money towards an extension for Cano

Iíd like to see this get done before the season, tbh.

I donít think Lindor has anything to prove at this point. Itís obvious heís an elite talent at SS in his prime and should be a Met forever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast