Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I dunno. 06 Beltran was better than any Mets hitter we currently have. Wright’s offense more or less equals Conforto, Lindor’s value is more or less equal to Reyes and I would personally take Alonso over Delgado, McNeil over Valentin, and Dom over the LF (Green/Floyd/Nady)

Nimmo could very well put up a higher wRC+ than Beltran’s 140 in 06.

This team might actually be better than 06...on all sides of the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree with all of this. I said ‘99 and ‘06 were better offensively than’86. and 2021 has the talent to surpass them all.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I always like seeing stuff like this during ST. I doubt we'll ever see Pete at third unless some freak injury happens, but it's always good to have a Plan C.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    I think you could make a case for the 1999 team too.
    If only the 1999 and 2000 teams could have been blended. This team would have won the WS.

Starters

C- Piazza
    1B - Olerud
    2B - Edguardo Alfonzo
    SS- Rey Orndonez
    3B - Robin Ventura
    LF - Rickey Henderson
    CF - Jay Payton
    RF - Benny Agbyani

SP - Mike Hampton
    SP - Al Leiter
    SP - Rick Reed
    SP - Glendon Rusch
    SP - Masato Yoshii
    RP - Armando Beneitez
    RP - Turk Wendell
    RP - John Franco

Bench

C - Todd Pratt
    IF - Melvin Mora
    IF - Shawon Dunston
    OF - Darryl Hamilton
    OF - Timo Perez

RP - Dennis Cook
    RP - Pat Mahomes
    P - Kenny Rogers
    P - Bobby Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    As mention before 1999 and 2006 teams were phenomenal on offense and better than the 86 team.

This year in paper looks to be great maybe the best ever, but we will see.
    2006 was a top heavy lineup.

In '86, the Mets had 3 players in the top 30 wOBA and ops Keith, Strawberry & Dykstra

In '06, The Mets had 2 players in the top 30 wOBA Wright & Beltran plus 3 in ops Beltran, Wright and Delgado.

And in '99, Not one Met in the top 30 wOBA or OPS.

Jordan Bastian
    @MLBastian

·
    16m
    Kris Bryant said he received a text over the offseason that said "Welcome to the Mets." He called his agent and Hoyer, and quickly found out that it wasn't true. That was an example he gave about the open lines of communication he currently has with Cubs' front office.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post

In '86, the Mets had 3 players in the top 30 wOBA and ops Keith, Strawberry & Dykstra

In '06, The Mets had 2 players in the top 30 wOBA Wright & Beltran plus 3 in ops Beltran, Wright and Delgado.

But we had the best defensive team, maybe ever. That infield was sick af.

The 86 Mets lineup was top heavy as well.

Cherry picked stats if you look at more stats you will see that those teams had better offense not just a couple of guys who led in some cherry picked stats.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    But we had the best defensive team, maybe ever. That infield was sick af.
    I loved the '99 team. Felt Olerud was grossly underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The 86 Mets lineup was top heavy as well.

Cherry picked stats if you look at more stats you will see that those teams had better offense not just a couple of guys who led in some cherry picked stats.
    In '86, Outside of Santana, it was a formidable lineup. Besides Santana, Carter had the lowest wRC+ at 115. Santana had a wRC+ of 49. Teufel had a 98. But Hernadez, Dykstra,Straw, Backman, Wilson Mitchell, Knight, Hojo & Heep all had a wRC+ of 117 or above.

'06, Beltran, Wright, Reyes and Carlos were awesome, wRC+ 116 and above. But guys like Chavez, Floyd, Valentin, Green & LoDuca were average to slightly above average. Ranged from 89-106 wRC+.

In '86, Outside of Santana, it was a formidable lineup. Besides Santana, Carter had the lowest wRC+ at 115. Santana had a wRC+ of 49. Teufel had a 98. But Hernadez, Dykstra,Straw, Backman, Wilson Mitchell, Knight, Hojo & Heep all had a wRC+ of 117 or above.

'06, Beltran, Wright, Reyes and Carlos were awesome, wRC+ 116 and above. But guys like Chavez, Floyd, Valentin, Green & LoDuca were average to slightly above average. Ranged from 89-106 wRC+.
    HoJo and Mitchell both played some SS in 86. When either was in for Santana, that lineup was awesome.

Keep in mind 86 was before inflated offensive stats. The 86 team led the NL in Avg, OBP, OPS, and most importantly runs. Something neither the 99 team or 06 team did.

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast