Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 208
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

    Alan Hahn says, F#%k yur trade wishes.
    Thanks for that.

    All Facts.

    People that want to trade for Beal are crazy. Beal is way too expensive and you basically ruin the team and its growing chemistry if you have to give up any of the young up comers.

    I guess many Knick fans are quick to forget the past because they are so quick to want to repeat it...

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    4,885
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Thanks for that.

    All Facts.

    People that want to trade for Beal are crazy. Beal is way too expensive and you basically ruin the team and its growing chemistry if you have to give up any of the young up comers.

    I guess many Knick fans are quick to forget the past because they are so quick to want to repeat it...

    If you can get Beal for 3 1st rounders (Dallas 21, 23, our 21) 2 pick swaps (that will never be used since Washington will be horrible without Beal and we should be a playoff team), RJ Barrett and cap fillers you gotta do it.

    I may be in the minority of Knicks fans with this opinion since most of you are majorly blinded by your homerism, but RJ Barrett kind of sucks. Unless he massively improves his shooting and efficiency he will be a bust. Best to trade him now while he still seems to have value than keep him way too long (like we did with Knox, Frank, KP etc) , and get nothing.

    Getting Beal, a superstar who would be an amazing fit with this roster, for 3, very likely, non lottery picks, 2 useless pick swaps, an inefficient guard not suited for today's NBA, and cap fillers seems like a no brainer to me.

    We'd have Beal, Randle, IQ, Mitch, and Obi as the core to go along with a ton of cap space and flexibility going forward, and all our future draft picks after this year. We'd be in the best spot we've been in since the 90s.
    Last edited by NYYCowboys; 02-25-2021 at 03:29 AM.


    NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

  3. #183
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    50,667
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYCowboys View Post
    If you can get Beal for 3 1st rounders (Dallas 21, 23, our 21) 2 pick swaps (that will never be used since Washington will be horrible without Beal and we should be a playoff team), RJ Barrett and cap fillers you gotta do it.

    I may be in the minority of Knicks fans with this opinion since most of you are majorly blinded by your homerism, but RJ Barrett kind of sucks. Unless he massively improves his shooting and efficiency he will be a bust. Best to trade him now while he still seems to have value than keep him way too long (like we did with Knox, Frank, KP etc) , and get nothing.

    Getting Beal, a superstar who would be an amazing fit with this roster, for 3, very likely, non lottery picks, 2 useless pick swaps, an inefficient guard not suited for today's NBA, and cap fillers seems like a no brainer to me.

    We'd have Beal, Randle, IQ, Mitch, and Obi as the core to go along with a ton of cap space and flexibility going forward, and all our future draft picks after this year. We'd be in the best spot we've been in since the 90s.
    I think a young guy who hasn't even played 3/4 of one season in total it's a bit harsh to say sucks.

    But Knick fans are hoping RJ turns something like a Beal which is a long way out there.

    You do this deal yesterday, today and tomorrow, problem is will Wash do the deal? This imo is a no brainer,

    And Hahn ranting at fans, I hope your read this, he says Knicks will have almost 70m in cap, fantastic who's coming in FA that is Beal level? And even if you get Beal level that reduces that number in half, and with Beal and trading RJ you actually have more cap space with Beal..........sometimes he just rambles and needs to be put in his place by Wally.

    The logic he used in plain english was stupid. you will have more cap with Beal, and who attracts more players Beal or RJ?

    This one is a head scratcher for sure.

    All said Wash won't do this deal, they are playing well.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    36,808
    Beal for RJ is a tough call. But RJ's long term fit with Randle is not superb like Beal's would be. I do think RJ is a winning player though and will be for a long time. He's just rock solid in a Marcus Smart sort of way offensive flaws and all. I don't really view getting Beal as some sort of "last move" designed for contenders though. You are just putting your #1 and #2 in place smack dab in their primes and you only do it if you leave yourself a couple of avenues to add another guy via trade or FA.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    35,237
    Does anyone honestly think Randle and Beal as your #1 and #2 are good enough to win it all?

    This is why tanking this year when there are multiple superstar prospects was so important. Alas.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    35,733
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Beal for RJ is a tough call. But RJ's long term fit with Randle is not superb like Beal's would be. I do think RJ is a winning player though and will be for a long time. He's just rock solid in a Marcus Smart sort of way offensive flaws and all. I don't really view getting Beal as some sort of "last move" designed for contenders though. You are just putting your #1 and #2 in place smack dab in their primes and you only do it if you leave yourself a couple of avenues to add another guy via trade or FA.
    Randle & Beal is nice, but neither are franchise players. The only FA star really set to hit the market is Khawi. And we're in a position to sign him regardless if he wanted to come. Keep in mind Beal will turn 29 next season, he's not THAT young. If you trade 4-5 picks and RJ for Beal, you better really like that team or have some inside info, because I'm not sure we have the assets to make another big trade after that, so you're banking on FAgency, and I'm just so done with that.

    We will go into this summer with Mitch, Randle, IQ, RJ, Obi and a ton of picks and cap space. Don't rush it, ultimately chances are we are still going to be in the lottery, who knows if we jump up for once and get a stud to add to that foundation.

    I wouldn't be opposed to smaller moves for guys like Rozier, Fournier, Hield, Lonzo...etc...where maybe the DAL 1st and Knox or Frank can be used as pieces.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    50,667
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Randle & Beal is nice, but neither are franchise players. The only FA star really set to hit the market is Khawi. And we're in a position to sign him regardless if he wanted to come. Keep in mind Beal will turn 29 next season, he's not THAT young. If you trade 4-5 picks and RJ for Beal, you better really like that team or have some inside info, because I'm not sure we have the assets to make another big trade after that, so you're banking on FAgency, and I'm just so done with that.

    We will go into this summer with Mitch, Randle, IQ, RJ, Obi and a ton of picks and cap space. Don't rush it, ultimately chances are we are still going to be in the lottery, who knows if we jump up for once and get a stud to add to that foundation.

    I wouldn't be opposed to smaller moves for guys like Rozier, Fournier, Hield, Lonzo...etc...where maybe the DAL 1st and Knox or Frank can be used as pieces.
    how do you keep doing this, can you show one link to 4-5 picks lol? One more time, it's 3 picks, a expiring and young talent, then they threw in two pick swaps, those are not picks we aren't giving up more than 3 picks

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    4,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Does anyone honestly think Randle and Beal as your #1 and #2 are good enough to win it all?

    This is why tanking this year when there are multiple superstar prospects was so important. Alas.
    Thing is though they'd still have all their future picks and tons of cap space and all their young players besides RJ. They'd have plenty flexibility to try to bring in another star or build a very good team around Beal and Randle.


    NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

  9. #189
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    50,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Does anyone honestly think Randle and Beal as your #1 and #2 are good enough to win it all?

    This is why tanking this year when there are multiple superstar prospects was so important. Alas.
    So what are you saying then? First off let me say forget Beal he isn't available imo for a trade.

    But are you saying giving up our remote shot at the top guys is better than Beal? And the Dallas picks?

    What if we land a Frank, Knox, Obi? Seriously right now that has more a chance than landing the top guys everyone is drooling over.

    We tanked and we had the worst record it didn't get us Zion, it got us RJ is RJ better than having Beal?

    Also and again it's not happening but having Randle and Beal does that mean we are done with 40m in cap left?

    did you not see what a Burks shooting well does to this team? We need that and if we get two then we are on a great path, add in Mitch, and IQ and that path is really good.

    Guys want to rely on luck and then if you get lucky with a top three hope these guys transpose to top players in the NBA, I can name more that didn't then that have.

    fultz, Towns, Wiggins, Bennett, Griffin, Ogden, Bagnani, just to name the number one picks,

    IMO if a Beal type is available you run don't walk you sprint in fact. If we could keep Randle, Mitch, IQ etc and still have picks and cap for more moves yea.

    Now would I love to have a top pick this year? yea but reality has kicked in as well, and don't put much faith in luck any more.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    35,237
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYCowboys View Post
    Thing is though they'd still have all their future picks and tons of cap space and all their young players besides RJ. They'd have plenty flexibility to try to bring in another star or build a very good team around Beal and Randle.
    That's the idea. Do you think a team built around Randle and Beal can win it all?

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    35,237
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    So what are you saying then? First off let me say forget Beal he isn't available imo for a trade.

    But are you saying giving up our remote shot at the top guys is better than Beal? And the Dallas picks?

    What if we land a Frank, Knox, Obi? Seriously right now that has more a chance than landing the top guys everyone is drooling over.

    We tanked and we had the worst record it didn't get us Zion, it got us RJ is RJ better than having Beal?

    Also and again it's not happening but having Randle and Beal does that mean we are done with 40m in cap left?

    did you not see what a Burks shooting well does to this team? We need that and if we get two then we are on a great path, add in Mitch, and IQ and that path is really good.

    Guys want to rely on luck and then if you get lucky with a top three hope these guys transpose to top players in the NBA, I can name more that didn't then that have.

    fultz, Towns, Wiggins, Bennett, Griffin, Ogden, Bagnani, just to name the number one picks,

    IMO if a Beal type is available you run don't walk you sprint in fact. If we could keep Randle, Mitch, IQ etc and still have picks and cap for more moves yea.

    Now would I love to have a top pick this year? yea but reality has kicked in as well, and don't put much faith in luck any more.
    I'm not sure what the best course of action is at this point. The ideal scenario was to tank this year instead of trying everything in our power to scrape out a 9th seed.

    Not sure what you're trying to point out by listing lottery players that underperformed. I'm not going to list all the players that turned into superstars and transformed their teams because that would be stupidly obvious.

    If Beal came at a decent price, then there's an argument that he should be bought. Beyond a certain price though and the only moves you're left with are akin to trading unprotected first round picks for Andrea Bargnanis. Don't wanna go down that route again.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    That's the idea. Do you think a team built around Randle and Beal can win it all?
    I don't...

    We kinda already have proof of that with Wall and Beal.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    36,808
    Randle, Beal and another guy could.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    36,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Does anyone honestly think Randle and Beal as your #1 and #2 are good enough to win it all?

    This is why tanking this year when there are multiple superstar prospects was so important. Alas.
    Tanking isnít as easy as you make it out to be.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,770
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Tanking isnít as easy as you make it out to be.
    If over these last 5 years or so, the Knicks were just literally the worst team in the league just about every season, do you think that they would be in a better position right now?

    Maybe the issue is that teams don't do that. Teams stay bad for long period of times, but rarely are they consistently picking in the top 3-5 year after year.

    The Sixers are obvious and I would say it's working out great.

    I think the Lakers are better for it as well.

    I would also argue that was the main factor with Seattle/OKC ending up with Durant, Westbrook and Harden back-to-back-to-back.

    Something to think about...maybe it is that easy, but most teams just don't do it to that extent. Who isn't betting on New Orleans or Memphis as the teams of the future if they land another top 5 pick this year?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •