Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Least deserving NBA HOFer

I was listening to Gilbert and JR talk about the Hall. Great stuff btw (link below). I started looking at who was in. I think Morning and Richmond are the most suspect out of the American guys. I don't know enough to judge the others. Who do you think is suspect? Any snubs?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...tm_name=iossmf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Btw, I loved Morning the player. Total warrior

I think Mark Jackson should be in and I'm shocked C Webb isn't in

Ralph Sampson? basically only played 3 full seasons at anything close to an all star level.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I was listening to Gilbert and JR talk about the Hall. Great stuff btw (link below). I started looking at who was in. I think Morning and Richmond are the most suspect out of the American guys. I don't know enough to judge the others. Who do you think is suspect? Any snubs?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...tm_name=iossmf
    Jordan said that Richmond was one of the best defenders he faced and he scored 20ppg for 10 straight years (20 guys have done that) so he probably deserves it.

I loved Mourning as a player and he was certainly highlighted by the NBA marketing machine for a while. I can see the case.

Divac is the one for me based on NBA career (not counting international play).

Man that marketing worked on me in the 90's, I was fully baught into the Mourning hype and those classic Hornets sweaters were fire back in the day. Then the Heat-Knicks battles, Im surprised you dont think the guy is HOF worthy, which is basically just a memorial of NBA/Basketball history. You get extra credit for being a part of special moments.

Like if we were being objective about this, any High Schooler who can even keep up with NBA athletes is already more worthy of the HOF than some guy who dominated college but never panned out above that same high schooler in the pros. But thats not what this is about.

I would erase a gang of role players from those Celtics squads if we're being objective about this

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think Mark Jackson should be in and I'm shocked C Webb isn't in
    Why do you think Mark Jackson should be in?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why do you think Mark Jackson should be in?
    he retired the 2nd most assists in NBA history (surpassed by Kidd and Nash since) and was in the top 15 all time in steals when he retired (now #34).

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    he retired the 2nd most assists in NBA history (surpassed by Kidd and Nash since) and was in the top 15 all time in steals when he retired (now #34).
    that just shows he played for a long time. He only made one all star team, only lead the league in assists once, and was never an important piece on a championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Man that marketing worked on me in the 90's, I was fully baught into the Mourning hype and those classic Hornets sweaters were fire back in the day. Then the Heat-Knicks battles, Im surprised you dont think the guy is HOF worthy, which is basically just a memorial of NBA/Basketball history. You get extra credit for being a part of special moments.

Like if we were being objective about this, any High Schooler who can even keep up with NBA athletes is already more worthy of the HOF than some guy who dominated college but never panned out above that same high schooler in the pros. But thats not what this is about.

I would erase a gang of role players from those Celtics squads if we're being objective about this
    for sure on those celtic squad guys. it would be equivalent to say Derek Fisher getting in with most of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    this doesn't speak to his actual on court value, just his longevity. In fact, Mark Jackson is probably the best case study for why assists don't do a great job reflecting actual playmaking value. Most of his assists were a result of having incredibly high time of possession on ball, waiting for teammates to get open through off ball actions and then feeding them, creating little opportunities himself. Tape study will show you that he missed a ton of high level reads, and lacked a drive a kick game that would help open up the team offense.

He just killed so many possessions by ball pounding at the top of the arc. Or meandering in the mid post for half the shot clock. Hell, part of the reason the 5 second back to the basket rule was created was literally because of him. They call it the "Mark Jackson rule" for a reason.

Also he's a ****** human being. So no. Bad HoF candidate.