Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    He improved a lot last year in this area, and guess which year he's dropping? The year he becomes a Laker.
    He improved a lot last season playing 6th man, meaning against other bench players. How many times have I read about how playing with star players makes the game easier for role players because the star players draw soo much attention? Shouldn't that apply to DS, he plays with 2 top 5 players in the world?

You say his efficiency has dropped playing for the Lakers so are you saying he isn't cut out to be a Laker?
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    He improved a lot last season playing 6th man, meaning against other bench players. How many times have I read about how playing with star players makes the game easier for role players because the star players draw soo much attention? Shouldn't that apply to DS, he plays with 2 top 5 players in the world?

You say his efficiency has dropped playing for the Lakers so are you saying he isn't cut out to be a Laker?
    He might not be, he was disappointing in many areas for now but it's been only 20+ games so I'll give him more time to adjust if he ever does it.

He might not be, he was disappointing in many areas for now but it's been only 20+ games so I'll give him more time to adjust if he ever does it.
    I agree that we need more of a sample size. I know I've been very critical of him but you know I'm like that with all new comers. Win a chip and you get all kinds of leeway from me, until then you're just a rental, a journeymen. Exceptions are if we actually draft them.

I know I wouldn't be as critical of him if I didn't read comments about him like "our 3rd superstar" or "leader" both courtesy of our beloved NPH lol. He's been nothing close to either. He has a very quick 1st step that allows him get by his man and to the rim in the blink of an eye, that has allowed him to have a few good games but that's it.

Doesn't get a pass from me for such low shooting %s. That tells/shows me that he either cannot shoot or just forcing shots to get his stats up, hence his money up.

I agree that we need more of a sample size. I know I've been very critical of him but you know I'm like that with all new comers. Win a chip and you get all kinds of leeway from me, until then you're just a rental, a journeymen. Exceptions are if we actually draft them.

I know I wouldn't be as critical of him if I didn't read comments about him like "our 3rd superstar" or "leader" both courtesy of our beloved NPH lol. He's been nothing close to either. He has a very quick 1st step that allows him get by his man and to the rim in the blink of an eye, that has allowed him to have a few good games but that's it.

Doesn't get a pass from me for such low shooting %s. That tells/shows me that he either cannot shoot or just forcing shots to get his stats up, hence his money up.
    Yeah his biggest struggle is to find balance on when taking shots and when involving his teammates.

If he can clean that he will be a much bigger help from us, particularly the connection with AD.

Yeah his biggest struggle is to find balance on when taking shots and when involving his teammates.

If he can clean that he will be a much bigger help from us, particularly the connection with AD.
    When 1st reported that AD was gonna miss a month I said it was time for DS to prove his worth, Portland is a good but unfair measuring stick for DS. We all know that DS isn't gonna contain Dame but is he at least gonna guard him? Or does he guard GTJ (the lesser of the 2) and KCP guard Dame? If he can't guard opposing starting PGs that's a big freaken problem and posters should really stop saying he's a good defender.

Offensively, Portland has no rim protectors so DS should be able to finish at the rim if he can get passed Dame. I'm interested in seeing what DS does when a defender does get there to help, that's when DS would mostly pass the ball to AD for the finish. Kuzma is a different type of player then AD and won't serve as a safety outlet to DS as much in those instances.

When 1st reported that AD was gonna miss a month I said it was time for DS to prove his worth, Portland is a good but unfair measuring stick for DS. We all know that DS isn't gonna contain Dame but is he at least gonna guard him? Or does he guard GTJ (the lesser of the 2) and KCP guard Dame? If he can't guard opposing starting PGs that's a big freaken problem and posters should really stop saying he's a good defender.

Offensively, Portland has no rim protectors so DS should be able to finish at the rim if he can get passed Dame. I'm interested in seeing what DS does when a defender does get there to help, that's when DS would mostly pass the ball to AD for the finish. Kuzma is a different type of player then AD and won't serve as a safety outlet to DS as much in those instances.
    Sometimes he seems to force himself to feed AD inside because like dudz said he has to get going AD, now he will not have to do this for a while, he will be asked to score a lot more, since he likes it yeah I will judge him on if he has an impact on the game or not.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415