Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    He was on pace for 60 not 77 but yeah I doubt he hits more than 45 HRs this season.

All players go through hot and cold streaks.
    Which is why we can take 2020 with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    The HOF still uses wins as a qualifying metric
    They won't in the future. Either way, that's not a great measuring stick of how pitchers pitch.

deGrom won 10 and 11 games in 2018 and 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They won't in the future. Either way, that's not a great measuring stick of how pitchers pitch.

deGrom won 10 and 11 games in 2018 and 2019.
    It used to be when pitchers would go 9 innings. If you're hitting 25 to 30 wins with a 1 to 3 ERA and pitching 9 innings each time you go out, then its a good measure that you're putting your team in a great position to win.

But since you need 5 innings for an official game and a win, pitchers are just about doing 5 innings per start now. So it has become a lost stat.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    It used to be when pitchers would go 9 innings. If you're hitting 25 to 30 wins with a 1 to 3 ERA and pitching 9 innings each time you go out, then its a good measure that you're putting your team in a great position to win.

But since you need 5 innings for an official game and a win, pitchers are just about doing 5 innings per start now. So it has become a lost stat.
    That is part of the reason.

Your team’s offense plays a significant role as well. As MW mentioned, deGrom won 10 and 11 games despite being the best pitcher on the planet.

Conversely, JA Happ won 20 games in 2015...but that was thanks to Bautista, Donaldson, Encarnacion, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345