Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    He was on pace for 60 not 77 but yeah I doubt he hits more than 45 HRs this season.

All players go through hot and cold streaks.
    Which is why we can take 2020 with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    The HOF still uses wins as a qualifying metric
    They won't in the future. Either way, that's not a great measuring stick of how pitchers pitch.

deGrom won 10 and 11 games in 2018 and 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They won't in the future. Either way, that's not a great measuring stick of how pitchers pitch.

deGrom won 10 and 11 games in 2018 and 2019.
    It used to be when pitchers would go 9 innings. If you're hitting 25 to 30 wins with a 1 to 3 ERA and pitching 9 innings each time you go out, then its a good measure that you're putting your team in a great position to win.

But since you need 5 innings for an official game and a win, pitchers are just about doing 5 innings per start now. So it has become a lost stat.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    It used to be when pitchers would go 9 innings. If you're hitting 25 to 30 wins with a 1 to 3 ERA and pitching 9 innings each time you go out, then its a good measure that you're putting your team in a great position to win.

But since you need 5 innings for an official game and a win, pitchers are just about doing 5 innings per start now. So it has become a lost stat.
    That is part of the reason.

Your teamís offense plays a significant role as well. As MW mentioned, deGrom won 10 and 11 games despite being the best pitcher on the planet.

Conversely, JA Happ won 20 games in 2015...but that was thanks to Bautista, Donaldson, Encarnacion, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I donít like this signing. Heís going to be Wacha/Porcello 2.0 except be paid more. Heís not a very good pitcher.

Rick Porcello finished with a higher fWAR in 60 innings than Taijuan did in 150.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Rick Porcello finished with a higher fWAR in 60 innings than Taijuan did in 150.

Dude was an all star.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Dude was an all star.

1.2 fWAR lol

Dude sucks. He took advantage of facing teams that werenít familiar with him and 6.69 ERA since the sticky stuff banÖwhich funny enough, he isnít a high spin guy anyways.

Not to mention his baseball savant page has looked like this all year. The guy just sucks.

Almost every time that Taijuan faced a team for a second time, he got lit up.

Dude has talent but he just sucks.

Mets sign Taijuan Walker

1.2 fWAR lol

Dude sucks. He took advantage of facing teams that werenít familiar with him and 6.69 ERA since the sticky stuff banÖwhich funny enough, he isnít a high spin guy anyways.

Not to mention his baseball savant page has looked like this all year. The guy just sucks.

Almost every time that Taijuan faced a team for a second time, he got lit up.

Dude has talent but he just sucks.

Is just funny that you never brought this up until he has sucked, I mean where are your post saying he is doing with smoke and mirrors? Where are the post saying he sucked when he was being named to the all star game?

I get it that he has been brutal the second half, but donít come in here and pound your chest saying see I knew it all along! Now.

Is just funny that you never brought this up until he has sucked, I mean where are your post saying he is doing with smoke and mirrors? Where are the post saying he sucked when he was being named to the all star game?

I get it that he has been brutal the second half, but donít come in here and pound your chest saying see I knew it all along! Now.

I mean I did mention him having a decrease in spin after the sticky stuff ban but I honestly wasnít too focused on it. I think that was wrong considering him and Castro sucked after it.

Honestly Iím just being a know it all dick.

I mean I did mention him having a decrease in spin after the sticky stuff ban but I honestly wasnít too focused on it. I think that was wrong considering him and Castro sucked after it.

Honestly Iím just being a know it all dick.

The sticky stuff thing was well before the ASG so even with that he was still pitching well until the second half happened. So thatís not it.

The sticky stuff thing was well before the ASG so even with that he was still pitching well until the second half happened. So thatís not it.

Not that long before. He had three(?) starts in between all of that.

Not that long before. He had three(?) starts in between all of that.

And pitched relative well in however many starts.

Is not the sole reason why he has struggled so bad the second half, but again i donít remember you telling us all this when he was pitching well.

And pitched relative well in however many starts.

Is not the sole reason why he has struggled so bad the second half, but again i donít remember you telling us all this when he was pitching well.

Well you still have me saying he wasnít very good before soÖyeah.

Iíll admit when Iím wrong, I have no qualms about that.

I liked the Trevor May signing at the time.

I liked the Lindor trade because the Mets got a big bat. Have always maintained that Arenado was a much better fit.

I said McCann and Walker sucked, now Iím repeating it.

I wanted Bauer and holy **** was that a bad idea.

I liked the Carrasco addition, but he sucks.

I liked the Pillar and Villar signing but didnít think Villar would be good.

I thought Almora was better than Pillar (lol)

I havenít been banging on my chest about anyone or anything except LindorÖand that stopped like two months ago.

Well you still have me saying he wasnít very good before soÖyeah.

Iíll admit when Iím wrong, I have no qualms about that.

I liked the Trevor May signing at the time.

I liked the Lindor trade because the Mets got a big bat. Have always maintained that Arenado was a much better fit.

I said McCann and Walker sucked, now Iím repeating it.

I wanted Bauer and holy **** was that a bad idea.

I liked the Carrasco addition, but he sucks.

I liked the Pillar and Villar signing but didnít think Villar would be good.

I thought Almora was better than Pillar (lol)

I havenít been banging on my chest about anyone or anything except LindorÖand that stopped like two months ago.

Again point is when he was pitching well I did not see one post suggesting he fall back to earth this dramatically coming from you.

I donít think is just spin rates why he has been so horrible and I donít think being new to the league is also why he thrives in the first half given how teams have this guys scouting report to a tee.

It could be the fact that he has pitched more than he has in years, it could be mechanical issues because at times he looks great and then allows homers.

He does not look hurt, so I do t think is that.

Is he the dominant pitcher we saw in the first few months? Nope

Is he their horrible pitcher that has been getting lit up the second half? Nope

He is somewhere in between.

Again point is when he was pitching well I did not see one post suggesting he fall back to earth this dramatically coming from you.

I donít think is just spin rates why he has been so horrible and I donít think being new to the league is also why he thrives in the first half given how teams have this guys scouting report to a tee.

It could be the fact that he has pitched more than he has in years, it could be mechanical issues because at times he looks great and then allows homers.

He does not look hurt, so I do t think is that.

Is he the dominant pitcher we saw in the first few months? Nope

Is he their horrible pitcher that has been getting lit up the second half? Nope

He is somewhere in between.

This team is loaded with (and overpaying) 5th starters and spot starters/ long relievers at this point. Hopefully deGrom and Thor come back next year as #1 and #2, but we don't have #3 and #4. I don't see Megill or Peterson being that good - they also are #5 starters on a good team. Add to that list Carrasco (who should be a #2 but I think those days are over), Taijuan obviously and the fact that Stroman (our expected #2 or #3) will likely not be back.

Based on that, the Mets have some work to do to improve the mid-rotation.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast