Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Australian Facebook

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ey-news-source

I really do not know what I think about this story but itís another layer to world of news and social media companies

What do you think about this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Just seeing the headline makes my neck hairs stand up
    "Facebook's Australia ban threatens to leave Pacific without key news source"

Facebook....key news source....wth is happening?!
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

Lol. That's pretty much my take. Just want to add....yay for Australia.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Australian Facebook

In some places Facebook basically is the internet. That is very strange. The financial relationship bt news sources and FB is also interesting to me.

I guess the games deeper than I realized...

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I guess the games deeper than I realized...

I didnít realize that there were places in Australia where itís like that but yeah people buy these prepaid internet plans and itís limited but you get Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I didnít realize that there were places in Australia where itís like that but yeah people buy these prepaid internet plans and itís limited but you get Facebook.

And if they have internet, they can access any news streams they want. This doesn't make sense.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    And if they have internet, they can access any news streams they want. This doesn't make sense.
    They can access the FB as part of there plan otherwise you have pay more. So if FB stop posting news they canít get to new sites

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN2AI349

Canada looking make FB pay for news links as well

Google went the opposite direction and agreed to pay a significant amount for content they will include in Google news.
    https://newscorp.com/2021/02/17/news...rship-on-news/
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Police and fire departments and emergency services use their local FB pages to communicate, just like US police and fire and FEMA.

🙌

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Police and fire departments and emergency services use their local FB pages to communicate, just like US police and fire and FEMA.
    This.

FB has been stealing content for a long time. I have a friend who tried to make money on youtube and his best videos got 50+ million views on facebook someone else posted and he got nothing and since he isn't a big corporation there was no recourse, and it happens all the time. FB are content sucking scum.

The sad thing is they know they have effectively maxed the advertising revenue model so now they are trying to be what wechat is in china for the entire planet. An app where you get all your content, do your banking, shop, messaging, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    This.

FB has been stealing content for a long time. I have a friend who tried to make money on youtube and his best videos got 50+ million views on facebook someone else posted and he got nothing and since he isn't a big corporation there was no recourse, and it happens all the time. FB are content sucking scum.

The sad thing is they know they have effectively maxed the advertising revenue model so now they are trying to be what wechat is in china for the entire planet. An app where you get all your content, do your banking, shop, messaging, everything.
    I bought an Occulus quest 2 on a whim before Christmas, you have to use a FB account to use it, all the prior versions you just needed an Occulus account. I follow a few groups on FB (local crime scanner, high school class, a few cruise lines specific cruises and about 15 friends and that's it.

🙌

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    I bought an Occulus quest 2 on a whim before Christmas, you have to use a FB account to use it, all the prior versions you just needed an Occulus account. I follow a few groups on FB (local crime scanner, high school class, a few cruise lines specific cruises and about 15 friends and that's it.
    I got a quest 2 too, daughter set it up, didn't know about the FB requirement. I do know I've been seeing more and more sites that say "login with facebook"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast