Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    for that price the eagles should have just kept him and made his *** ride the bench until he restructured. They get a meh return but keep all that dead money. What a POS and a ***** wentz is.
    and how, exactly, is he a POS?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    So are the Eagles going to tear it all down now? Like completely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depends. This is the nfl not the nba. Rebuilds take 1-3 years if done right

Are they capable of doing it right? I guess we’ll see

There really aren’t ever full rebuilds by teams outside of a select few franchises. Usually teams have to restock

Where will the eagles fall? Time will tell. For all I know they could go 8-8 and win this crappy division. We all know Washington won’t because of the nfc East curse lol. So the eagles have a 1-3 chance

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Not sure what they will actually do but yes, they should trade any veteran that a team will offer picks for. Full rebuild because the team has 0 talent. The only exception is I'd hold onto Graham until he retires. He is important for the locker room and a good leader and mentor to have around.

It's funny I mention Graham as a guy who should be on the team forever. Many fans hated him for years because they wanted Earl Thomas over him. That one looked bad in the beginning but boy did it work out in the end.
    I’ll raise my hand as one of the few on this board that liked the Graham pick. And was one of the ones that was always like “yeah he has 5 sacks but have you seen all of his QB pressures”

In terms of talent. I’d think 0 is an exaggeration. The eagles still if healthy have a great offensive line. Getting brooks and lane back healthy is game changing. Mailata is on a fast track to being pretty great. Kelce we’ll see if he comes back. Seumalo is dependable. Goedert is F’ing dope if he can stay healthy. He’s a stud. Sanders has loads of potential. WR? Lol. I like hargrave he became really good the last half of the season.

And yes that’s roughly where it ends. But there is some talent there

Quote Originally Posted by d.m.g. View Post
    No one is paying a backup that kind of money.

But yes, Indy definitely won this trade. If his regression continues, then all they gave up were a couple of day two picks (and one of them is for next year) and it's whatever. If he bounces back, then they have a long-term solution at quarterback and their Super Bowl window is wide open which makes what would be a late first round pick pretty moot.

Another strike for Howie Roseman.
    I mean it’s much more complex than that

Most people were saying the eagles would have to give picks to get rid of the contract. You say if he continues to regress the eagles still lost? That doesn’t make any sense. That’d mean they got a 2nd and 3rd for a bottom of the barrel QB and shed his contract off the books for 2022

Sounds like about as much a win as you can have

Or if he plays well? Well considering most reporters said there was no way Carson was returning, only one team actually wanted him, I’d say they made out pretty ok. Not a clear win for Philly by any means. I think it’s more like a deal that works for both sides. Carson had to go. He didn’t want to be here anymore. Regardless of what he does in Indy he wasn’t going to do that in philly

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I mean it’s much more complex than that

Most people were saying the eagles would have to give picks to get rid of the contract. You say if he continues to regress the eagles still lost? That doesn’t make any sense. That’d mean they got a 2nd and 3rd for a bottom of the barrel QB and shed his contract off the books for 2022

Sounds like about as much a win as you can have

Or if he plays well? Well considering most reporters said there was no way Carson was returning, only one team actually wanted him, I’d say they made out pretty ok. Not a clear win for Philly by any means. I think it’s more like a deal that works for both sides. Carson had to go. He didn’t want to be here anymore. Regardless of what he does in Indy he wasn’t going to do that in philly
    I was one of the people that thought they would have to give him away because of the contract, not realizing Philly would eat most of the contract. His cap hit for the colts is not terrible and they can cut him at any time with no dead cap just lost picks.

I think other teams may have wanted or would have been willing to give Wentz a shot but not for the price the colts paid for him.

I dont think any team really lost, the eagles spent a 1st on him years ago and now they are getting back at least a 2nd and 3rd. They do have to eat his dead cap from this year but they will be ok.

The colts get a qb if he sucks they can get rid of him and only lose a 2nd and 3rd. If he plays well they will lose a late 1st and 3rd. Worth a shot if you are the colts, probably keeps them in the playoff hunt next season.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I wouldn’t say 0 but it’s pretty close. The majority of their talent though is 30+ in age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Other than the o-line pretty much. They have a talented TE who has injury issues and a talented RB which is the most replaceable position. On defense they have Josh Sweat? Who looks like a career backup DE. Not good.

I’ll raise my hand as one of the few on this board that liked the Graham pick. And was one of the ones that was always like “yeah he has 5 sacks but have you seen all of his QB pressures”

In terms of talent. I’d think 0 is an exaggeration. The eagles still if healthy have a great offensive line. Getting brooks and lane back healthy is game changing. Mailata is on a fast track to being pretty great. Kelce we’ll see if he comes back. Seumalo is dependable. Goedert is F’ing dope if he can stay healthy. He’s a stud. Sanders has loads of potential. WR? Lol. I like hargrave he became really good the last half of the season.

And yes that’s roughly where it ends. But there is some talent there
    I meant young talent to build around. By the time they are ready to compete again then all their good players will likely be past their primes or gone. Guys like Kelce, Lane, Brooks, Cox, Graham, Slay, Hargrave, etc

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I meant young talent to build around. By the time they are ready to compete again then all their good players will likely be past their primes or gone. Guys like Kelce, Lane, Brooks, Cox, Graham, Slay, Hargrave, etc
    Ya outside of hargrave who’s only 27 I believe you’re right.

But it is the nfl. I won’t pretend to know how this new coaching staff and howie will do in this rebuild. But rebuilds in the nfl take 1-3 years if done right.

Will it be done right? No clue. Eagles haven’t had very many long stretches of bad play in the last 20 years. That’s with 3 different head coaches. Will that continue? I have no F’ing clue. All it takes is for Sirianni to be a crappy coach for this to take another 3+ years

If Sirianni is a great coach? Well they could be knocking on the playoff door by year 2

So much is up in the air right now

What if jalen hurts is a star? That changes so much. The eagles no matter how many people want to predict it are probably the biggest unknown in the nfl right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    I was one of the people that thought they would have to give him away because of the contract, not realizing Philly would eat most of the contract. His cap hit for the colts is not terrible and they can cut him at any time with no dead cap just lost picks.

I think other teams may have wanted or would have been willing to give Wentz a shot but not for the price the colts paid for him.

I dont think any team really lost, the eagles spent a 1st on him years ago and now they are getting back at least a 2nd and 3rd. They do have to eat his dead cap from this year but they will be ok.

The colts get a qb if he sucks they can get rid of him and only lose a 2nd and 3rd. If he plays well they will lose a late 1st and 3rd. Worth a shot if you are the colts, probably keeps them in the playoff hunt next season.
    Eagles actually traded their 2016 No. 8 overall pick, 2016 third-round pick, 2016 fourth-round pick, 2017 first-round pick, 2018 second-round pick and two good players just to move up the draft to take Wentz. Anyways, now that Wentz has a much better O-line to protect him, the Colts are now in position to be the 2nd best team in the Eastern conference to take on the Chiefs. Reich knows how how to unleash the MVP in him like he did with the Eagles. I gonna put a flyer on them to win the SB since the odds didn't change much prior to the trade for some odd reason.

Colts win big on this trade while the Eagles gain some low 2nd and 3rd round pick along with the biggest dead money in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Expecting Wentz to have an efficient season like Rivers. Also am curious to see some RPO again. Didn't see it with Brissett or Rivers obviously.
    I definitely wouldn't expect an efficient season. There will be sacks and fumbles aplenty. Wentz likes neither the RPO nor checking the ball down. What you gotta hope for is that he makes the big plays he's always looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I think he'll be top 10 in the long haul, but I'm thinking more top 13 in 2021. There'll definitely be growing pains in a new offense, even if there's familiarity with Reich and his scheme. But if he returns to form he'll have to prove himself better than the current 10-15 guys and .
    The problem I have with calling him Top 10 is when you consider the actual names: Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, Wilson, Watson, Allen, Stafford will all be better barring injury. So that's kinda pseudo Top 10 when 8 is your peak. Then there are like another 8 QBs with the potential to be better than Wentz.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-19-2021 at 04:54 AM.

So are the Eagles going to tear it all down now? Like completely?
    Yes -- at least for 2021. The owner already said so.

What happens with Fletcher Cox? Do you think they’d consider moving him?
    Another huge dead cap hit, but if there's a good offer, he will be traded.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-19-2021 at 04:53 AM.

Ya outside of hargrave who’s only 27 I believe you’re right.
    He's 28 and very trade-able. 2021 salary is guaranteed, so that would move to the team acquiring him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    That's not exactly right. He still has $25.4 million guaranteed in 2021, and that's money the Eagles saved.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    and how, exactly, is he a POS?
    He got paid/Signed the deal. He then sucked *** and lost his job to a rookie and basically was the reason the head coach got fired. Then when they fired the headcoach they thought he would come back and like a child he is refuses to go against a rookie in camp to win the job which he does not deserve because of his play. He constantly **** on his on value by the in house drama and how it constantly got released by his camp even though the eagles constantly bent over backwards to accomodate this *** hat.

He has a 100 stories of being a dick and isnt liked by his peers and refused to run the plays the head coach would call then he wants out but of course he wont restructure ****ing the team that gave him that giant over priced contract to begin with. WHAT A GUY

the eagles shoould have called his bluff and straight up said NA we need a good backup and if wentz doesnt want to do that he can retire or get fined.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 02-19-2021 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    He got paid/Signed the deal. He then sucked *** and lost his job to a rookie and basically was the reason the head coach got fired. Then when they fired the headcoach they thought he would come back and like a child he is refuses to go against a rookie in camp to win the job which he does not deserve because of his play. He constantly **** on his on value by the in house drama and how it constantly got released by his camp even though the eagles constantly bent over backwards to accomodate this *** hat.

He has a 100 stories of being a dick and isnt liked by his peers and refused to run the plays the head coach would call then he wants out but of course he wont restructure ****ing the team that gave him that giant over priced contract to begin with. WHAT A GUY

the eagles shoould have called his bluff and straight up said NA we need a good backup and if wentz doesnt want to do that he can retire or get fined.
    The Eagles did save $25.4 million by trading him vs. keeping him another year and trading/releasing him in 2022. The rest I pretty much agree with; Wentz is a massive diva.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast