Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 421
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,666
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    The key here is I’m told Carson Wentz informed Eagles after season he wanted a fresh start and Eagles put some effort into working it out but believed it would not be a good situation and that it would be best to part ways.

    He wanted a fresh start but ultimately they chose to part ways.

    I mean, it’s right there.

    He wanted fresh start, they worked on it, chose to trade him instead.
    Jesus

    Did you read the same guys tweet that he was adding to?

    “Source says Carson Wentz did not dictate where he was traded

    Source says Carson felt he wanted to go somewhere else and have fresh start but it was civil

    I’m told Eagles decided it would be best to trade him but weren’t going to take less in deal, but worked out best for both”

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    82,913
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Also as far as where the Colts go from here:

    They have $54 mil in cap space. That is so much space without many needs.
    Agree with everything you said except Anthony Walker part. Let him walk and give Bobby Okereke and EJ Speed more playing time.


  3. #258
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,700
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Jesus

    Did you read the same guys tweet that he was adding to?

    “Source says Carson Wentz did not dictate where he was traded

    Source says Carson felt he wanted to go somewhere else and have fresh start but it was civil

    I’m told Eagles decided it would be best to trade him but weren’t going to take less in deal, but worked out best for both”
    So if Carson didn’t want to stay why would he say it wouldn’t be a good situation?

    He’s contradicting his own report. Others have said similar though.

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,666
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    So if Carson didn’t want to stay why would he say it wouldn’t be a good situation?

    He’s contradicting his own report. Others have said similar though.
    Because Carson saying “I’d like a fresh start” is not the same as “get me the F out of here”

    Not wanting to be somewhere is not the same as if you don’t trade me I’m not showing up to camp

    There’s a spectrum to this. These aren’t robots lol. He’s not contradicting his report. His report is consistent. You’re just misreading it

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,700
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Because Carson saying “I’d like a fresh start” is not the same as “get me the F out of here”

    Not wanting to be somewhere is not the same as if you don’t trade me I’m not showing up to camp

    There’s a spectrum to this. These aren’t robots lol. He’s not contradicting his report. His report is consistent. You’re just misreading it
    What did the eagles “put effort into working it out” if they decide see it would “not be a good situation” and then decided it was best “to part ways instead”?

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,666
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    What did the eagles “put effort into working it out” if they decide see it would “not be a good situation” and then decided it was best “to part ways instead”?
    Idk lol

    The season ended like 2 months ago didn’t it? Lots can happen over that time frame

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,517
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    We don’t know what all happened. Lots of reports about broken trust.
    I don't think that there is a lot of trust in Howie outside of Lurie. And for good reason too.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,721
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    The key here is I’m told Carson Wentz informed Eagles after season he wanted a fresh start and Eagles put some effort into working it out but believed it would not be a good situation and that it would be best to part ways.

    He wanted a fresh start but ultimately they chose to part ways.

    I mean, it’s right there.

    He wanted fresh start, they worked on it, chose to trade him instead.
    Maybe it's because English isn't my first language but doesn't wanting a "fresh start" pretty much imply going to another team? How much fresh-starting can there be done on the Eagles? They did change the coaching staff but apparently that wasn't enough of a fresh start.

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,011
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Maybe it's because English isn't my first language but doesn't wanting a "fresh start" pretty much imply going to another team? How much fresh-starting can there be done on the Eagles? They did change the coaching staff but apparently that wasn't enough of a fresh start.
    It’s not because English isn’t your first language. I’m a little confused by this too.

    Like if the fresh start was a new coaching staff Wentz should be happy with what went down. All talks of a trade would have stopped.

    But obviously that wasn’t enough because talks continue.

    No one uses fresh start but wants to stay at the same spot. Saying he wanted a fresh start elsewhere or with the Eagles sounds like PR spin to make it seem like there was a chance to retain him. And that’s all any of this has been. Pure PR. Now if Wentz plays well and the Eagles suck, him and his team can say “well we never asked out so can’t blame us.”

    Just look through “sports history” of almost every player that requested out of a situation. I can only think of one that wasn’t vilified widespread at the time, and that was because he trashed and burned every single bridge on his way out of town (twice) to make it seem like it was everyone else and not him (Antonio Brown). Wentz and his team just gave the master class on how to get out of town without having people hate you. Kudos to him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,011
    Also have any of you bothered to grab and read the Bible passage Wentz referred to?

    “Therefore since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured on the cross, despising the shame, is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.”

    I am taken back to my days of CCD and alter serving reading that passage.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,700
    What I’ve been getting at all along...

    https://twitter.com/robmaaddi/status...613170688?s=21

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,700
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Also have any of you bothered to grab and read the Bible passage Wentz referred to?

    “Therefore since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured on the cross, despising the shame, is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.”

    I am taken back to my days of CCD and alter serving reading that passage.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not my favorite translation but he certainly chose a good one.

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,700
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It’s not because English isn’t your first language. I’m a little confused by this too.

    Like if the fresh start was a new coaching staff Wentz should be happy with what went down. All talks of a trade would have stopped.

    But obviously that wasn’t enough because talks continue.

    No one uses fresh start but wants to stay at the same spot. Saying he wanted a fresh start elsewhere or with the Eagles sounds like PR spin to make it seem like there was a chance to retain him. And that’s all any of this has been. Pure PR. Now if Wentz plays well and the Eagles suck, him and his team can say “well we never asked out so can’t blame us.”

    Just look through “sports history” of almost every player that requested out of a situation. I can only think of one that wasn’t vilified widespread at the time, and that was because he trashed and burned every single bridge on his way out of town (twice) to make it seem like it was everyone else and not him (Antonio Brown). Wentz and his team just gave the master class on how to get out of town without having people hate you. Kudos to him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We dont know that he didn’t want to stay. Plenty of reports claim otherwise.

    It’s possible that it wasn’t the new staff that was the issue a d there was more to it than that.

    End of the day, good luck 11, I can’t wait for him to knock KC out of the playoffs this season.

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,011
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    We dont know that he didn’t want to stay. Plenty of reports claim otherwise.

    It’s possible that it wasn’t the new staff that was the issue a d there was more to it than that.

    End of the day, good luck 11, I can’t wait for him to knock KC out of the playoffs this season.
    Why not come out and say I want to stay if he didn’t want to leave?

    Like, at least to me, if he didn’t want to be traded it’s easy to come out and say that. I believe part of him wanted to be somewhere else, possibly a majority. But there’s also likely a part of him that wanted it to work out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,700
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Why not come out and say I want to stay if he didn’t want to leave?

    Like, at least to me, if he didn’t want to be traded it’s easy to come out and say that. I believe part of him wanted to be somewhere else, possibly a majority. But there’s also likely a part of him that wanted it to work out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because he gets blasted for talking.

    Hell, he’s getting killed for his goodbye.

    Him talking to the public/media was pointless. Keep it all in-house, that’s the right way.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •