Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Nets tonight against the Lakers

The real test begins. Sure it's without AD for the Lakers and KD for the Nets. But this still should be a must win for the Nets in terms of being taken seriously. They have had a couple good wins in a row, to cap that off against the defending champs and LeBron would simply be needed for the fan base at this point. Especially with the hoopla surrounding Kyrie and Harden as of late (for different reasons).

I'll come back to this after the game.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 02-18-2021 at 11:02 AM.

I have to admit that was a hell of a lot more exciting than I expected. A couple calls went both ways down the stretch, but to see guys step up (not just Harden, as that is expected) and I don't think there is any fooling I didn't want Harden at all. But they are starting to play like a team. It took LeBron almost a year to "gel" with Miami. It took less time with the Cavs, and he had to be in control of the Lakers personnel moves last season. Watching this Nets team has been heartbreaking over the last 3 years as a lot of the players that made the Nets fun to watch are gone. It has taken just as much time for the fans to gel with this team, as it has for this team to be what they are supposed to be. That is not to say I think they are there yet. Which is scary. Defense is starting to be there with guys like Brown and a couple of pick ups like Perry are starting to come into their own. It's clearly not there yet, as Jarrett Allen is still second on the team in Defensive Rebounds per game at 7.3 and still leads with 1.6 Blocks per game. That is saying something since he's only played 12 games with the Nets, and has been gone since Harden got here a few weeks ago.

But more importantly seeing this team now is something Nets fans who have been here forever haven't seen in a very, very long time. Actual hope. Not just that we are good enough to get to the Playoffs, or get to an Conference Championship. But actually have hope in bringing that title home. That is something Nets fans haven't ever seen.

Then to sweep the road trip, and come home against 3 sub par .500 teams this week is actually a bigger test right now. The Nets have been feasting on good teams this year to this point. It has been the weak teams that have tested them.

Winning is all that matters now.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 02-22-2021 at 04:57 PM.