Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tatis Jr extended $340 mil, 14 years

I would have waited one more year only because Tatis hasn't played a full major league season worth of games yet. No doubting how talented he is but that's a lot of money for 143 games worth of production.

Yea smart they tried to extend but he hasnt played a full season so I wouldnt have given that rich of a deal. Maybe if it was like $275/14 years I may have done it.

I love the deal kids gonna be a star

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw the news on MLB Network. Great move for both sides. Player gets financial security and team gets financial certainty. Plus, AAV is not overly high. Plenty of room to work around it.

They got this guy for a washed up James Shields and Sox fans have the nerve to talk **** about them getting Eloy Jimenez for a declining but still productive Jose Quintana

The Tatis trade could end up among the most lopsided ever if he plays something even close to how he did last season as his career progresses. He could legit put up 60+ WAR in his first 10-12 seasons. Obviously has to stay healthy.

With respect WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? This is a great deal? Na **** that noise because this dude could be what exactly? He hasnt even played 1 full season... What are we even talking about here? The dude is on the hook for 340 million that is 100 pct garanteed and hasnt proven much of anything let alone shown he will be healthy or be great consistantly. How many year would he have been arb eligible? I would have sent his *** throw that first

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Just saw the news on MLB Network. Great move for both sides. Player gets financial security and team gets financial certainty. Plus, AAV is not overly high. Plenty of room to work around it.
    and if he busts where is this financial certainty? wtf is happening right now.. a dude who hasnt played 1 full season combined got 340 million and we out here calling it a great deal. Holy ****

**** me we should have given hoskins 360-400 mill after his first 160 games as well holy ****

This makes Acuna's deal look very special...

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    This makes Acuna's deal look very special...
    I talked about this with some other folks, but Acuna isn't a perfect comp either. Acuna bought out like 2-3 years of FA and tatis bought out like 8 years of FA. Acuna is going to hit the market at age 30. I don't think him getting a deal around 6/$240 is a crazy deal if acuna is good when he hits FA. That puts him right in line with tatis.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I talked about this with some other folks, but Acuna isn't a perfect comp either. Acuna bought out like 2-3 years of FA and tatis bought out like 8 years of FA. Acuna is going to hit the market at age 30. I don't think him getting a deal around 6/$240 is a crazy deal if acuna is good when he hits FA. That puts him right in line with tatis.
    One, it's 8 years, not 6. Got team option the following 2 years for 17 apiece. The problem is, 14 years on anyone is too much risk. What if Tatis suffers a career injury this spring? While insurance may cover a good portion, still a lot of money to throw away in the 14 years. Not speaking for Tatis, but any given player. Same thing can be said of Acuna. Well, 7 years of money down the drain. It's a risk. If both Acuna and Tatis stays healthy, you're comparing 10 and 14 year contracts, so who's saving the big bucks?

Where did the Padres suddenly find all this money? Not sure their team payroll had ever been anything but below league average prior to last year.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Where did the Padres suddenly find all this money? Not sure their team payroll had ever been anything but below league average prior to last year.
    All these California teams have money with the exception of the A's.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    They got this guy for a washed up James Shields and Sox fans have the nerve to talk **** about them getting Eloy Jimenez for a declining but still productive Jose Quintana

The Tatis trade could end up among the most lopsided ever if he plays something even close to how he did last season as his career progresses. He could legit put up 60+ WAR in his first 10-12 seasons. Obviously has to stay healthy.
    What the **** does this deal have anything to do with Eloy trade??? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    What the **** does this deal have anything to do with Eloy trade??? WTF?
    It's a commentary on the Tatis trade possibly going down among the most lopsided deals ever, and thats funny to me, because many Sox fans like to boast of how they acquired Eloy as if it was some major robbery when it will end up nothing close to the Tatis deal.

Thought I made that pretty clear

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast