Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You pretty much hate anyone who is a conservative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm going to need you to back that **** the **** up. Because I know plenty of people who are conservative and don't hate them. It's weird, they manage to NOT advocate that people with Parkinsons are faking their illness, that gay people dying of AIDS is funny, and that Barack Obama isn't a "magic negro".

It's weird how not being a piece of **** manages to avoid someone being hated. Simple rule: don't be hateful, don't attract hate.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I've never understood why people become sainted in death, and I've never understood why people feel the need to point out the bad people did when they die. Two sides to the same coin I guess.

When Rush was alive you express what you think about him by either being a consumer or not. I don't know why so many liberal people know what he said ... that is consuming and giving him money and power, and it continues in his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I've never understood why people become sainted in death, and I've never understood why people feel the need to point out the bad people did when they die. Two sides to the same coin I guess.

When Rush was alive you express what you think about him by either being a consumer or not. I don't know why so many liberal people know what he said ... that is consuming and giving him money and power, and it continues in his death.
    Trolls get attention. That's evident by some of the posters on this site. Skip Bayless has made a fortune off of terrible "hot takes". Limbaugh was no different. He had a devoted conservative fanbase but he has said so many awful things that his influence is tarnished.

I always thought he was a piece of ****. I feel bad for his family and friends that he passed away but for no other reason.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-18-2021 at 11:30 AM.

RIP Rush!! TALENT ON LOAN FROM GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Trolls get attention. That's evident by some of the posters on this site. Skip Bayless has made a fortune off of terrible "hot takes". Limbaugh was no different. He had a devoted conservative fanbase but he has said so many awful things that his influence is tarnished.

I always thought he was a piece of ****. I feel bad for his family and friends that he passed away but for no other reason.
    So don't watch Skip (I don't) or SAS for that matter (or the similar toned political people on both sides). But people complaining about Rush being a POS and bringing up examples and knowing what he said in the past just means they were supporting him.

So don't watch Skip (I don't) or SAS for that matter (or the similar toned political people on both sides). But people complaining about Rush being a POS and bringing up examples and knowing what he said in the past just means they were supporting him.
    I dont think that means they were supporting him. It just comes up in social media timelines throughout the course of his life and in his death. I used to see some of what he said via Bill Maher or Stephen Colbert as well. When you say outlandish things, it crosses over into the mainstream news. We see that with Hannity, Carlson, etc. That's what Rush wanted. He had his base and the additional publicity gave him national exposure. Remember when he worked for ESPN? He made that dumb comment about Donovan McNabb and they fired him not long after.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-18-2021 at 12:08 PM.

I've never understood why people become sainted in death, and I've never understood why people feel the need to point out the bad people did when they die.
    I would agree in almost every instance, but this guy did legitimate harm to society. In that case, I believe discussion is warranted.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

I dont think that means they were supporting him. It just comes up in social media timelines throughout the course of his life and in his death. I used to see some of what he said via Bill Maher or Stephen Colbert as well. When you say outlandish things, it crosses over into the mainstream news. We see that with Hannity, Carlson, etc. That's what Rush wanted. He had his base and the additional publicity gave him national exposure. Remember when he worked for ESPN? He made that dumb comment about Donovan McNabb and they fired him not long after.
    If you consume what they produce then that is support. It's indirect but it matters. Ever see Howard Stern's movie Private Parts? NBC kept him on the air because people who didn't like him listened and talked about him. Every time Rush's BS is tweeted about or talked about those are metrics he can use with his advertisers.

It's not easy to avoid all those blowhards if you have people on your feed that are likely to comment on them. It took me time and effort to get that sort of stuff out of my life. The closest I come to political stuff like that online is here. I got off of facebook entirely (only reason I was on was to talk to my Mom), my twitter feed and instagram feed I removed everybody who couldn't keep themselves from re-tweeting that stuff.

In a world where more and more money is flowing through "targeted advertising" online the best way to express your preferences is to not "consume" the stuff you don't like even if it is coming as a criticism from "your side".

Trump was just another hot take machine amped up to 10000. We get what we ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I would agree in almost every instance, but this guy did legitimate harm to society. In that case, I believe discussion is warranted.
    Did he do more than talk? If not then ignoring him takes away his power.

If you consume what they produce then that is support. It's indirect but it matters. Ever see Howard Stern's movie Private Parts? NBC kept him on the air because people who didn't like him listened and talked about him. Every time Rush's BS is tweeted about or talked about those are metrics he can use with his advertisers.

It's not easy to avoid all those blowhards if you have people on your feed that are likely to comment on them. It took me time and effort to get that sort of stuff out of my life. The closest I come to political stuff like that online is here. I got off of facebook entirely (only reason I was on was to talk to my Mom), my twitter feed and instagram feed I removed everybody who couldn't keep themselves from re-tweeting that stuff.

In a world where more and more money is flowing through "targeted advertising" online the best way to express your preferences is to not "consume" the stuff you don't like even if it is coming as a criticism from "your side".

Trump was just another hot take machine amped up to 10000. We get what we ask for.
    I mean it depends on your means of consumption. Not doing it directly and its not like I will visit Rush's website or would have listened to his radio show. I understand sharing it gives him exposure but that's the nature of the beast. You see something that you believe is misinformation given out to a large audience and your natural instinct is to dispute it. Unabated misinformation is dangerous. Limbaugh had a reputation for attacking liberals, attacking celebrities, attacking minorities, attacking homosexuals, etc. You can say ignore him but that's the reality of disagreement and discussion. You're not going to ignore every opposing view.

I don't follow people specifically for those reasons either. If I appreciate a political point of view, I will follow. If those people retweet something that is Limbaugh related, I'll see it and judge from there but its not like you needed much to know Rush was an *******.

It was a lot easier to avoid Limbaugh than it was Trump though. I mean he was on tv and social media everyday for years at a time, whether it was through the Apprentice or during his time as president. That's why its a good thing he's off all social media platforms. You notice how little spotlight he has in comparison to the last 4 years? Now that the impeachment trial is over, he's very much in the background instead of the foreground.

Last edited by spliff(TONE); 02-18-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    RIP Rush!! TALENT ON LOAN FROM GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it doesn't.

Did he do more than talk? If not then ignoring him takes away his power.
    Speech is a powerful thing. While I've never listened to him, he was the most listened to person on the radio for decades and he used that platform to spread hatred, bigotry, misogyny, racism, and lies every day. He converted a lot of listeners to think the way he did and that was an objectively harmful thing for this country. He was the OG of a lot of the problems we see in media today
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

I mean it depends on your means of consumption. Not doing it directly and its not like I will visit Rush's website or would have listened to his radio show. I understand sharing it gives him exposure but that's the nature of the beast. You see something that you believe is misinformation given out to a large audience and your natural instinct is to dispute it. Unabated misinformation is dangerous. Limbaugh had a reputation for attacking liberals, attacking celebrities, attacking minorities, attacking homosexuals, etc. You can say ignore him but that's the reality of disagreement and discussion. You're not going to ignore every opposing view.

I don't follow people specifically for those reasons either. If I appreciate a political point of view, I will follow. If those people retweet something that is Limbaugh related, I'll see it and judge from there but its not like you needed much to know Rush was an *******.

It was a lot easier to avoid Limbaugh than it was Trump though. I mean he was on tv and social media everyday for years at a time, whether it was through the Apprentice or during his time as president. That's why its a good thing he's off all social media platforms. You notice how little spotlight he has in comparison to the last 4 years? Now that the impeachment trial is over, he's very much in the background instead of the foreground.
    It's not easy to avoid idiots it's true. I managed to not hear Trump talk for more than 5 seconds at any point in the last 5 years. It was not easy. He's like nails on a chalkboard to me so my motivation was strong.

I just went on twitter to see what it was like and what a cesspool. First post is LeBron talking about wanting to make a record some day ... he mis-spelled loud which I didn't see a comment on because I stopped reading after the 10th hate filled reply. The next thing I saw was "Ted Cruz is a piece of ****". The thing after that was someone saying "At least he's not using the energy or food or water in Texas".

Yep, I'm out.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast