Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Employers not paying for employees health insurance and employees paying for it is a bad idea at every angle you look at it.
    Why? Better rates for business owners?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Currently, the Medicare tax rate is 2.9% and is split between employee and employer equally.
    If we're expecting universal health care, not unreasonable for us to pay a higher tax for it.

The most reasonable would be that everyone gets the equivalent of Medicare Parts A and B (basic Medicare) and maybe a basic Part D (prescription drugs). Currently, that costs in the neighborhood of $175/mo. This isn't complete coverage, but it's basic coverage (complete coverage would come from adding an Advantage or Medigap plan).

So yes, if everyone automatically got a Medicare type coverage, the rest could be add-on. However, insurance costs currently are a deterrent for employers to hire older workers because they cost more (I mean like up to $1,000/mo more) so that would also need to be factored in.

Now, if a company no longer has to pay for a group health plan, they can pay much of the above and still be money ahead. I think that's a part that people don't necessarily think of. However, that doesn't pay for those NOT currently on a group plan (part-timers, unemployed, etc)
    My thought is, if we’re going radically overhaul our healthcare system to a universal system modeled on Medicare, let’s also fix the problems identified with Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Employers not paying for employees health insurance and employees paying for it is a bad idea at every angle you look at it.
    I said nothing about employers not paying. I said employees could reasonably pay a higher tax rate than they do currently, but the rest would be paid by the employer including any add-on ad they'd still come out ahead given they'd no longer be paying current group insurance premiums.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    My thought is, if we’re going radically overhaul our healthcare system to a universal system modeled on Medicare, let’s also fix the problems identified with Medicare.
    oh definitely, I just said Medicare type insurance because it's already a program in place that's basically universal health care, just one for only those 65+
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I trust that you are in 100% opposition to the death penalty? The same level of opposition gets used for people who use a gun when exerting their second amendment rights?

Nobody can make the biological argument that there are fetuses involved there rather than humans. 100% of the people in those cases are human beings.
    Ok science tells us that at conception the person is a human being. Never said otherwise. You and perhaps others need that stated.

Now as for your death penalty the analogy is what pro murder folks love to go to. An invalid analogy.

The criminal willingly gave up their right to life. The human inside their mother did not.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Ok science tells us that at conception the person is a human being. Never said otherwise. You and perhaps others need that stated.

Now as for your death penalty the analogy is what pro murder folks love to go to. An invalid analogy.

The criminal willingly gave up their right to life. The human inside their mother did not.
    You are not the arbiter of who has surrendered their right to life. That is a protection afforded to everyone in the Constitution.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    You are not the arbiter of who has surrendered their right to life. That is a protection afforded to everyone in the Constitution.
    Except the law makes it clear when you waive said rights

Wait, wait, how do criminals willingly give up their life?
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

We have executed mentally handicapped prisoners, were they able to "willingly" consent to be killed? With all the prisoners' fighting, innocent or not, their execution date, it doesn't seem they are OK with this sentencing.

Someone passed judgment on them that they will be killed. It wasn't a "well you caught me, so why don't you kill me" moment.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-25-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Yeah the law, meaning a judge and jury, not brett05
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Or in the case of abortion, the law makes it clear that such rights never existed because a fetus isn't a human being.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Currently, the Medicare tax rate is 2.9% and is split between employee and employer equally.
    If we're expecting universal health care, not unreasonable for us to pay a higher tax for it.

The most reasonable would be that everyone gets the equivalent of Medicare Parts A and B (basic Medicare) and maybe a basic Part D (prescription drugs). Currently, that costs in the neighborhood of $175/mo. This isn't complete coverage, but it's basic coverage (complete coverage would come from adding an Advantage or Medigap plan).

So yes, if everyone automatically got a Medicare type coverage, the rest could be add-on. However, insurance costs currently are a deterrent for employers to hire older workers because they cost more (I mean like up to $1,000/mo more) so that would also need to be factored in.

Now, if a company no longer has to pay for a group health plan, they can pay much of the above and still be money ahead. I think that's a part that people don't necessarily think of. However, that doesn't pay for those NOT currently on a group plan (part-timers, unemployed, etc)
    I don't have an issue with that logic, but who covers the 50-100 million that aren't employed or dependents, moving that cost to business is my issue, which is what the affordable care act did, raised prices and increased out of pocket at a higher cost to our business.

There is a lot of income that is exempt from Medicare tax, that only applies to wages /pass through earnings of sub-s and llcs.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Wait, wait, how do criminals willingly give up their life?
    of course they do...all the time

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Or in the case of abortion, the law makes it clear that such rights never existed because a fetus isn't a human being.
    Except the law says it is, they just legalized murder. But keep going down the rabbit hole

Except the law says it is, they just legalized murder. But keep going down the rabbit hole
    Could you please cite the section of law that says a fetus is a person?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast