Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Eloy's presence in the clubhouse, his clutch hitting, his Cub killing, his positive attitude, his sense of humor, and his relationships with teammates, including other Cuban players, cannot be replaced. Eloy's injury feels like a season killer... a real ball buster. I feel like a giant hole got blasted in a line-up we thought would be murderer's row or South side Hitmen 2.0.
    Vaughn cannot play any position other than 1B and I for one, do not think he will be as good of a hitter as Eloy.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Eloy's presence in the clubhouse, his clutch hitting, his Cub killing, his positive attitude, his sense of humor, and his relationships with teammates, including other Cuban players, cannot be replaced. Eloy's injury feels like a season killer... a real ball buster. I feel like a giant hole got blasted in a line-up we thought would be murderer's row or South side Hitmen 2.0.
    Vaughn cannot play any position other than 1B and I for one, do not think he will be as good of a hitter as Eloy.
    Maybe not this year, but Vaughnís hitting upside is probably better then Eloyís. At least from the total hitting package standpoint. Contact, patience, power. Vaughn is supposed to have it all

Maybe Vaughn doesn't get much better, gains weight, tanks out and slows down. I think he may be overrated. I would not sign him until he proves otherwise over the course of a major league season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    If we were to get Bryant, I am assuming as a 1 year rental. What do we do with the Vaughn, Abreu, Eloy trio if Eloy gets back in September as well as in 2022?

I donít have any issue with getting Bryant except, what will he cost us?

I might be inclined to ride with what we have and see if we can contend as is and if needed make a trade at the deadline. Eloy could be back in Sept. there may be some value options available mid season.
    Any two young pitchers not named Kelly, would probably do it.....I would only do it if they can sign Bryant to a long term deal...Boras owes us for Rodon signing....

Next offseason I would move Eloy if he has any value...

I also think Bryant would love to stay in town and haunt the Cubs for ****ing him on his playing time...

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Maybe Vaughn doesn't get much better, gains weight, tanks out and slows down. I think he may be overrated. I would not sign him until he proves otherwise over the course of a major league season.
    What is this the 60's?? When guys had offseason jobs and ate a cow for dinner every night....You do realize most of these guys have personal trainers and work out all year long....

Damn Collins is on fire this spring. He really seems to want a starting spot and he's probably earned it. Rodon too. Both are doing great so far. It'd be really nice if we finally get what we expected out of 2 high picks.

Lance Lynn is the cow.

In many respects.

Vaughn getting reps in LF. Smart. Let Collins DH

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Vaughn getting reps in LF. Smart. Let Collins DH
    Get him out there right now as much as they can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting Vaughn in LF right now is wrong.....First of he's not an outfielder, second you are asking a ton from a player who's about to get his first action in the big leagues. I don't think it's fair to the kid....He is a 1st baseman, it's not like your moving a midfielder out there that has athleticism...

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Putting Vaughn in LF right now is wrong.....First of he's not an outfielder, second you are asking a ton from a player who's about to get his first action in the big leagues. I don't think it's fair to the kid....He is a 1st baseman, it's not like your moving a midfielder out there that has athleticism...
    Iím pretty sure he wants to do it. If heís capable of playing the position, let him. Itís our best chance of trying to replace some of Eloys bat

It's a big IF..........But I like what he said "keep it simple and basic", meaning catch the routine fly balls and the others, play it of the wall and hit your cut-off man...He's probably better then Eloy in LF right now, which ain't saying much.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast