Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I think our FO has done more then enough to make me give zero ***** about Fernando ****ing Tatis. Good for the Padres for fleecing us. **** happens. At the end of the day, we would have suffered as a fan base til 2020 either way, and we are about to be unbelievably good.
    So you have us in the WS already....I hope your right, but me I'd like to see the season unfold and actually get into the playoffs first..... Not pissing on anyone's parade here , but I want to see how the season unfolds...

Missing on Tatis may be more about our scouting and player development than our FO. The Sox were lacking in those areas for decades, as illustrated by repeated weak farm systems and poor track record of home grown talent. I’ve stated before that my issue with the move was less about missing on Tatis and more about adding to a team that should have been blown up.
    But, what’s done is done. You learn from your mistakes so as not to repeat them.

I’d wouldn’t trade one 2017 thru 2024 for a million 2010 thru 2016s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    So you have us in the WS already....I hope your right, but me I'd like to see the season unfold and actually get into the playoffs first..... Not pissing on anyone's parade here , but I want to see how the season unfolds...
    Def didn’t say that anywhere but we are 100% a contender.

I can't wait to watch Spring Training broadcasts to get a look at some of the prospects we have not seen much of. The line-up and pitching staff are pretty much set but there are a few openings like DH. There could be a surprise there if Burgur rakes and Vaughn doesn't or if they both struggle and Mercedes or someone else like Lucroy or Collins step up.
    I could see the Sox possibly going with 3 catchers, Grandal, Lucroy and Collins and giving Lucroy and Collins at-bats as DH.
    Last edited by garypeters; 02-23-2021 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I can't wait to watch Spring Training broadcasts to get a look at some of the prospects we have not seen much of. The line-up and pitching staff are pretty much set but there are a few openings like DH. There could be a surprise there if Burgur rakes and Vaughn doesn't or if they both struggle and Mercedes or someone else like Lucroy or Collins step up.
    I could see the Sox possibly going with 3 catchers, Grandal, Lucroy and Collins and giving Lucroy and Collins at-bats as DH.
    I think Lucroy is a lock for backup Catcher. Just off of experience alone. Keep hearing La Russa values a vet as a backup Catcher

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I'd prefer if you didn't have an answer you stop typing gibberish!!
    You're such a hater
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...sa-1-1-meeting

Anderson was the most important player in terms of meshing with TLR. Looks like they are off to a good start. I know the Hispanic guys would respect Tony as their coach. Timmy is the one guy that everyone questioned how’d it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    GP-
    I like your idea about Burger as the possible DH. He "seems" to have worked his way back and DH on this team would be a perfect role for him. Long term, Vaughn is a much better prospect, but he will find his way into the lineup at either 1B or RF pretty soon.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...sa-1-1-meeting

Anderson was the most important player in terms of meshing with TLR. Looks like they are off to a good start. I know the Hispanic guys would respect Tony as their coach. Timmy is the one guy that everyone questioned how’d it would work.
    It's early
    But so far TLR has been better than I expected. His ability to speak the language of most of the teams star players is huge. Maybe - his age won't hinder him as much as many of us suspected it would - maybe. He knows baseball, and he knows how to manage a team so I'm going to be optimistic about him. In 1979 it was a big deal for him to be the named the White Sox manager - he had them winning shortly after taking over (1981).
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

To Tell The Truth - Tony LaRussa edition

My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    To Tell The Truth - Tony LaRussa edition

Almost reported and deleted this (didn't read the post lmao!)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234