Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

2021 White Sox Spring Training Thread

Spring training........... YAY baseball!!!!!

I hope we use Kopech as an opener for the 5th rotation spot til he gets stretched out.

I think Kopech is going to start in the minors and be on an innings limit down there. He'll be up probably by the All Star break and hopefully pitch in the post season.

That's what I prefer and think the Sox do as well. I believe they would much rather pitch him late in the season then early on.

I will be very disappointed if he doesn't start the season in the rotation from the get go....It's been 2 and a half years since his TJ and it's not like he hasn't been throwing for all that time. Especially the last 8 months...

He will have a inning limit like just about everyone in the rotation to start the season....Anyway that's the way I see it....

Im have an unwarranted amount of faith in Katz. If its Lopez, Rodon or Kopech, Im good with it. I think itll be clear by the end of spring training, regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see Kopech starting the season in the minors, getting stretched out and working on his command, in game situation. Actual game pitching is something he has not done in 2 years. Maybe a June/July call up, depending on how he, Cease, Rodon and Lopez are doing up to that point. Hopefully there is no need to rush him, and he is fresh for the second half and post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I will be very disappointed if he doesn't start the season in the rotation from the get go....It's been 2 and a half years since his TJ and it's not like he hasn't been throwing for all that time. Especially the last 8 months...
    You shouldn't want him to start the season.

I would rather have him pitching in the playoffs then him being pitched early and out of innings by the end of the season.

https://youtu.be/fm8V46BfynM

I sure hope he hits this year.

https://youtu.be/tt1Drp1RQfg

Of course, Im more partial towards this one.

Rick Hahn spoke of the versatility of the roles Kopech and Crochet will play, while saying that they are obviously looked at as future front line starters, but this year, they want them to play big roles for us in October.

As a team with fairly lofty expectations, we want [Kopech] strong and contributing through October, Hahn said. So we have to be a little bit creative about how we're going to use him in order to get him helping us in Chicago and continuing his development and finishing the year strong and able to contribute, ideally, to a World Series championship. Long term, we still view him as a premium starter and look forward to him fulfilling that potential in a White Sox uniform over the next several years.

Spoke about Kopech as an opener, as well as the possibility of both of them being finishers similar to Urias for the Dodgers.

You have a long-term goal in mind, and you have short-term things you're trying to accomplish, and you want to balance those two, Hahn said. Long term, we are trying to balance a little bit in development of premium talent with the idea that its important to win as many games [as we can] this season and have guys fresh in October.

Kopech will have an innings limit, as neither he nor Crochet have that important innings base under them. They arent so much limits as much as Chicago's plan to have a high-impact component at his best going into September and October.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/mi...roles-for-2021

This is exactly the **** I want to hear. Hahn mentioned 13 arms. It sounds like those arms are going to be:

Gio
    Keuchel
    Lynn
    Cease
    Rodon
    Lopez
    Kopech
    Crochet
    Foster
    Heuer
    Marshall
    Bummer
    Hendriks

If we go the opener route for our 5th, which is exactly what we should do, you can use Kopech in that role at times, but instead of fully committing him to just a couple early innings, we can use him in some high leverage spots prior to our 5th rotation spot, in which case Rodon and Lopez can pick up the slack as the opener. Crochet and Kopech being used as 2-3 inning finishers like Urias would also be a huge help for Preserving Bummer and Hendriks throughout the season. We could get away with less b2b's for those guys.

Looking at that group of 13 arms, I'm fully confident in our pitching staff going into this season. A good coach will know exactly what to do with these guys to get the most out of everyone without burning guys out.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 02-17-2021 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    https://youtu.be/fm8V46BfynM

I sure hope he hits this year.
    It's good to see these young Cubans having fun and living their best life! Look at what they came from.

I think the Sox will also have flexibility at the deadline if they need to make a move. Hopefully taking on more of a contract, than giving up prospect capital.

The Padres just gave that nobody throw in (Shields trade) 340 mil............I think the FO should help the Padres in some of that pay down!!!!

I mean why not...........Might as well get kissed while you got ****ed!!!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast