Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 140
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,245
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    LOL good ****!
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    methinks you are more than a little bit off on your temple story
    It was supposed to be an ironic analogy of why in the hell would religious people support a party that actively tries to aggregate wealth into a few hands at the expense of the common folk. Of course I knew Jesus was against the money changers.. Sorry for any consternation or confusion I might have caused

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Did he actually say the green new deal caused this? That's bizarre.

    In some parts of the state the fossil fuel power stations are used as backup power and are shut down when not needed. In this case when they went to start them up they were frozen and were struggling to get them going. At least that's what I read.

    Texas is largely unprepared for a moderate winter storm. 4 days of freezing temps and 6 inches of snow is not much of a storm.

    Trees not pruned far back from power lines, no plows, not enough salt for the roads, nobody has snow tires or chains, drivers don't know how to drive. The number of times I've heard "I've got 4 wheel drive" like it's a cure-all for snow and ice, and I've had to explain that 4wd is more likely to get you into trouble when you try to stop on ice going 40.
    Tucker Carlson sure did: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLcWHLdg...d=zww8ikbgd29d

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Carlson is the worst kind of idiot.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I do live in Texas. If I have a vacation planned and my job has an emergency that they want me to stay for they have to pay for my lost vacation expenses and any premium I have to pay to re-book it later and for my family. And the reality is that I would then be screwing my wife and kids out of their vacation for my job too (because they would probably have to be in school and thus vacation would just be lost entirely). It would be even worse if I could adequately deal with any job issues remotely from my vacation.

    The only reason it's an issue is because people are making an issue of it. What did they expect him to do shovel snow? Warm up the power plants? Basically his job is to talk and he can do that from somewhere else too. If the story was "Cruz cancelled his vacation and charged the state $30k for his lost vacation expenses" the people would probably be pissed about that too.

    This just seems like non-news unless he ran from the storm last minute.
    Scoots, Cruz DID make that trip last minute because of the storm. So I guess you now have a problem so letís hear it

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Scoots, Cruz DID make that trip last minute because of the storm. So I guess you now have a problem so letís hear it
    Not to mention Representatives from other states have already shown how to help. Expecting him to do nothing is pathetic. Ted Cruz is an embarrassment to Texas
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,632
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Not to mention Representatives from other states have already shown how to help. Expecting him to do nothing is pathetic. Ted Cruz is an embarrassment to Texas
    Yep. Scoots will still downplay it, though.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Scoots, Cruz DID make that trip last minute because of the storm. So I guess you now have a problem so letís hear it
    Okay, I didn't see that. That's crappier.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    And then we have Abbott lying on Hannity about how the green new deal is what caused the blackouts.

    We know 80% of Texas problems were caused by fossil fuel and gas issues, while the 20% of the problems were by frozen wind turbines because lemme check my notes here, oh they did not buy the equipment needed to keep them warm and going in case of a ****ing snowstorm or cold front.

    This happens because you get what you ****ing voted for and sadly people die because of it.
    Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,796
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    No, people don't expect him to shovel snow. That isn't his job. His job is to be front and center during crises and at least give the appearance of concern. Do we really need to talk about leadership skills?? Are is that something you only show doing good times?
    Isnít that why you have mayors and governors?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Isnít that why you have mayors and governors?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you OK with Cruz jet setting to Mexico while so many in his home state are hurting? If so, it IS ok to say it. They won't burn you at the stake. You know that, right?

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Are you OK with Cruz jet setting to Mexico while so many in his home state are hurting? If so, it IS ok to say it. They won't burn you at the stake. You know that, right?
    Do you have issues with democratic governors making mandates and rules and going out and having indoor social gatherings with other people? Or saying you canít leave the state and them doing it anyway?

    Might be hard for you to believe this but politics jd are always selfish and could care less about you or anyone else. Goes for both sides. Yíall canít admit it though on your side


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Do you have issues with democratic governors making mandates and rules and going out and having indoor social gatherings with other people? Or saying you canít leave the state and them doing it anyway?

    Might be hard for you to believe this but politics jd are always selfish and could care less about you or anyone else. Goes for both sides. Yíall canít admit it though on your side


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I 100% have a problem with that. Up here where I'm from, politicians are being booted from caucuses and parties for travelling. I don't give one flying **** if they are liberal or conservative.

    What Cruz did was exponentially worse. His state is currently in the midst of a emergency and he decided to head to Texas because he was cold.

    Are YOU ok with that? Its alright if you, too, agree that Ted Cruz is a ginormous piece of ****. Q won't come for you.

    I've also seen many liberal posters on here be critical of democrats at various levels of office. Its the republicans who have a really, really hard time with criticizing their own. Sitewolf is the only of you that has any balls
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 02-20-2021 at 07:33 AM.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Yes I 100% have a problem with that. Up here where I'm from, politicians are being booted from caucuses and parties for travelling. I don't give one flying **** if they are liberal or conservative.

    What Cruz did was exponentially worse. His state is currently in the midst of a emergency and he decided to head to Texas because he was cold.

    Are YOU ok with that? Its alright if you, too, agree that Ted Cruz is a ginormous piece of ****. Q won't come for you
    Iíve never been a fan of Cruz but I also think most politicians are out of touch douchebags who only cares about themselves. They get paid 100-200,000 per year only to work half the days and spend the other half fighting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Iíve never been a fan of Cruz but I also think most politicians are out of touch douchebags who only cares about themselves. They get paid 100-200,000 per year only to work half the days and spend the other half fighting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I could totally see this being your response if AOC decided to jump on a plane for a sunny destination while her state was in a state of emergency because she was cold while Ted Cruz raised millions of dollars in support of the disaster.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •