Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Texas Mayor tells Texans to stop looking for a handout

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-may...001034037.html

This may be one of the most extreme examples of the “pull yourself up by your bootstrap” mentality I’ve seen.

A small town Texas mayor told Texans without power that the Government and power companies owe them nothing and to stop complaining. He further said that anyone asking for the power come back on is asking for a handout and is lazy.

Welcome to the non-white side of town. And if those white citizens keep hooping and howling like they are doing, their '' American values" will be questioned. Consider yourself lucky this is the worst you have seen. This is new to you. Being left on your own by the government as if they can't be concern about your needs.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-17-2021 at 01:39 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

....and then, he resigned, but had more to say
    https://ktxs.com/news/local/colorado...-facebook-post
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

And then we have Abbott lying on Hannity about how the green new deal is what caused the blackouts.

We know 80% of Texas problems were caused by fossil fuel and gas issues, while the 20% of the problems were by frozen wind turbines because lemme check my notes here, oh they did not buy the equipment needed to keep them warm and going in case of a ****ing snowstorm or cold front.

This happens because you get what you ****ing voted for and sadly people die because of it.

Texas Mayor tells Texans to stop looking for a handout

This is AOC’s fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-17-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    And then we have Abbott lying on Hannity about how the green new deal is what caused the blackouts.

We know 80% of Texas problems were caused by fossil fuel and gas issues, while the 20% of the problems were by frozen wind turbines because lemme check my notes here, oh they did not buy the equipment needed to keep them warm and going in case of a ****ing snowstorm or cold front.

This happens because you get what you ****ing voted for and sadly people die because of it.
    Did he actually say the green new deal caused this? That's bizarre.

In some parts of the state the fossil fuel power stations are used as backup power and are shut down when not needed. In this case when they went to start them up they were frozen and were struggling to get them going. At least that's what I read.

Texas is largely unprepared for a moderate winter storm. 4 days of freezing temps and 6 inches of snow is not much of a storm.

Trees not pruned far back from power lines, no plows, not enough salt for the roads, nobody has snow tires or chains, drivers don't know how to drive. The number of times I've heard "I've got 4 wheel drive" like it's a cure-all for snow and ice, and I've had to explain that 4wd is more likely to get you into trouble when you try to stop on ice going 40.
    Last edited by Scoots; 02-17-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Did he actually say the green new deal caused this? That's bizarre.

In some parts of the state the fossil fuel power stations are used as backup power and are shut down when not needed. In this case when they went to start them up they were frozen and were struggling to get them going. At least that's what I read.

Texas is largely unprepared for a moderate winter storm. 4 days of freezing temps and 6 inches of snow is not much of a storm.

Trees not pruned far back from power lines, no plows, not enough salt for the roads, nobody has snow tires or chains, drivers don't know how to drive. The number of times I've heard "I've got 4 wheel drive" like it's a cure-all for snow and ice, and I've had to explain that 4wd is more likely to get you into trouble when you try to stop on ice going 40.
    The narrative from conservatives in general has been the transition to green energy is what caused the lack of power.

And to add insult to injury, through it all, downtowns in Houston and Dallas were happily and fully lit up.

So even if you pay for your power it’s still a handout and you’re not entitled to it?? Will Republicans stop trying to politicize disasters? If this was California we’d be rolling our eyes as they take shots at a “poorly run Democratic-run state”.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    So even if you pay for your power it’s still a handout and you’re not entitled to it?? Will Republicans stop trying to politicize disasters? If this was California we’d be rolling our eyes as they take shots at a “poorly run Democratic-run state”.
    Actually people were mocking Ted Cruz on Twitter for his comments politicizing the California fires and criticizing California for power outages. To Cruz’s credit he said he has no rebuttal and they’re right.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    This is AOC’s fault

well, she SHOULD be criticized for not apologizing for it, yes?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually people were mocking Ted Cruz on Twitter for his comments politicizing the California fires and criticizing California for power outages. To Cruz’s credit he said he has no rebuttal and they’re right.
    He also refused to send help to the northeast when Sandy hit.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    This is AOC’s fault

All that dancing. We've all heard of a rain dance but a snow dance is also a thing and she did exactly that with the sole intention of crushing a red state.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Too many leaves. Let 'em suffer.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast