Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Mike Conley, the All-Star Virgin at 33

Has any player ever made their first all-star game whilst in their athletic decline? Should Conley be the first?

Conley in a stacked West I can't see it

With AD's Achilles injury and PG13's foot injury, I think he has a chance for Adam Silver to pick him as a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Has any player ever made their first all-star game whilst in their athletic decline? Should Conley be the first?
    Yes. Im not sure if he deserves it this year but hes been snubbed to many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    With AD's Achilles injury and PG13's foot injury, I think he has a chance for Adam Silver to pick him as a replacement.
    Even then I still doubt it when you have other guys there like DeRozan, Wall, Fox, Gilgeous-Alexander, Ingram, CP3, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Even then I still doubt it when you have other guys there like DeRozan, Wall, Fox, Gilgeous-Alexander, Ingram, CP3, etc
    Look at injury replacements. Korver and Mo Williams, they should never be All-Stars, they were just on the team with the best record.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Look at injury replacements. Korver and Mo Williams, they should never be All-Stars, they were just on the team with the best record.
    And so what like that means anything especially in today's NBA in the 2020s because it doesn't because All Star weekend is basically a popularity contest so players who should be there are not there

so in the west you can lock in: Lebron, Jokic, Kahwi, Curry, Doncic, Lillard, Davis, and PG.
    so it seems likely that Davis wouldn't play in it and maybe this two injury is worse then the Clippers are letting on and PG can't play. that potentially means 6 open spots. you assume Rudy and Dmitch would be strong canidates from his own team.

so lets assume the Jazz get Rudy and Donovan leaving 4 spots
    Other potentials:cp3, booker, Zion, Ingram, Wood, Fox, Derozan, Shai, wall, and ja.

so the case for Conley. he has the best plus minus on the team with the best record and almost all the advanced stats say he has been really good.

case against is that he is only averaging 16/6/4 on 60ts% in 29 minutes. if he could play a few more it would really help his case. has missed a few games lately

Cp3: has only missed one game, is averaging 17/8/5 on a 59ts% on a pretty good team. He also has the legacy factor which really matters to coaches. Also pretty good advanced stats

Booker:is averaging 24/4/4 on a 59ts% on a pretty good team. His advanced metrics all stink though and he is playing way worse then expected.

Zion:Crazy offensive Numbers on a below .500 team and he has been espeically bad for stretches on defense. who knows what the coaches decide on this on

Ingram basically same as zion and the pelicans almost certainly won't get two and the advanced stats say that zion has been more impactful.

Wood:good offensive numbers, but with his injury it seems unlikely.

Fox:23/7/3 on a 56 ts% on a below .500 team. I have seen numbers like this get dismissed a lot of times for bad teams.

Derozan: 20/7/5 on a 60ts% on a 16-11 team. decent advanced numbers.

Shai:23/6/5 on a 61 ts% on a sub .500 team. is missing a few games and has meh advanced stats.

Ja:missed to many games and walls numbers aren't good enough.

so honestly I think its pretty close and depends entirely on if the NBA/coaches decide to just give him a lifetime achievement spot or overvalue the Jazz record in their voting.

Reminds me of Mike Bibby. Huge part of some great teams (better than grizz) and never made it.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    And so what like that means anything especially in today's NBA in the 2020s because it doesn't because All Star weekend is basically a popularity contest so players who should be there are not there
    Just wait and see man

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Kyle Korver.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Kyle Korver.
    lol, I guess he counts. He was having a career year at 33 and was never all that athletic to begin with, and no doubt him having the league go in his direction helped but yeah, he prolly lost a few inches off his vert by then.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    so in the west you can lock in: Lebron, Jokic, Kahwi, Curry, Doncic, Lillard, Davis, and PG.
    so it seems likely that Davis wouldn't play in it and maybe this two injury is worse then the Clippers are letting on and PG can't play. that potentially means 6 open spots. you assume Rudy and Dmitch would be strong canidates from his own team.

so lets assume the Jazz get Rudy and Donovan leaving 4 spots
    Other potentials:cp3, booker, Zion, Ingram, Wood, Fox, Derozan, Shai, wall, and ja.

so the case for Conley. he has the best plus minus on the team with the best record and almost all the advanced stats say he has been really good.

case against is that he is only averaging 16/6/4 on 60ts% in 29 minutes. if he could play a few more it would really help his case. has missed a few games lately

Cp3: has only missed one game, is averaging 17/8/5 on a 59ts% on a pretty good team. He also has the legacy factor which really matters to coaches. Also pretty good advanced stats

Booker:is averaging 24/4/4 on a 59ts% on a pretty good team. His advanced metrics all stink though and he is playing way worse then expected.

Zion:Crazy offensive Numbers on a below .500 team and he has been espeically bad for stretches on defense. who knows what the coaches decide on this on

Ingram basically same as zion and the pelicans almost certainly won't get two and the advanced stats say that zion has been more impactful.

Wood:good offensive numbers, but with his injury it seems unlikely.

Fox:23/7/3 on a 56 ts% on a below .500 team. I have seen numbers like this get dismissed a lot of times for bad teams.

Derozan: 20/7/5 on a 60ts% on a 16-11 team. decent advanced numbers.

Shai:23/6/5 on a 61 ts% on a sub .500 team. is missing a few games and has meh advanced stats.

Ja:missed to many games and walls numbers aren't good enough.

so honestly I think its pretty close and depends entirely on if the NBA/coaches decide to just give him a lifetime achievement spot or overvalue the Jazz record in their voting.
    In that case then CP3, Booker, Fox, Shai, Ja and DeRozan would have more of a chance than Conley

He definitely has a chance. The Jazz have been the best team in the NBA. Conley has more win shares to his name than Mitchell.
    To me, it comes down to Conley or Paul. Both are deserving. But I'd choose Conley. Hopefully injuries will make it an easier decision. I'm fine with leaving George out for a year.