Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I'm for drafting a QB, but I'm also a little more optimistic about Hurts. Game 16 we had our worst OL combination of the year and Hurts still led two TD drives, plus one that stopped 4 yards from the endzone. When Sudfeld came in he kinda served as the control group, and showed how an actual backup QB would fare in these circumstances.

But the thing for me is even if Hurts beats out the rookie QB, continues to improve, and develops into a very good QB, that 6th overall selection doesn't lose value sitting on the bench. Well, he will lose some but he can probably still be flipped for a late first round pick later on.

Like I said the 2021 "transition" year is a waste anyway, so why not evaluate two QBs instead of one.
    Agreed. Right, that pick can probably be traded later for a 1st. Will probably drop a bit but at least youíll know that you have your QB. Maybe hurts isnít the guy and someone at #6 could be the guy? I really donít think it would hurt to evaluate 2 QBs right now. The eagles have to be honest with it though. If hurts is better than whoever is the 6th overall pick then they have to go with hurts even though the #6 pick cost a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    This is the only way to go for the eagles. If the eagles think jalen hurts is a franchise QB then you take a WR

If you think one of the QBs (Wilson, fields, lance) have franchise potential you donít pass them up

Thing is, Arizona drafted josh Rosen and then the very next year took Kyler Murray

I think franchise QB is everything so being honest for Philly is more important than worrying about the optics

I keep reading ďeagles owe it to jalen hurtsĒ no they donít. Jalen has played 4 games. The only thing they owe him is a fair swing at the job.
    Then if they dead set on a QB then you go Fields or Lance or Jones

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Jamon brown played week 16?
    No, but Toth and Pryor were the starting tackles.

Jamon brown played week 16?
    Was he the one that kept trying to tackle wentz? Lmao.. Iíve never seen that before. He was bad.

Both are nfl players.

Is brown?

Really the whole season there were just so many moving parts on the offensive line. I think they had like 14 or 15 different combinations for the whole season which is a NFL record. Still, they werenít horrible overall. PFF ranked them at about middle of the pack in the NFL for the entire season despite having backups at every position besides center. I think that says a lot about the potential of the young guys on that offensive line. Give these young guys some continuity and coaching to help them grow and they can maybe turn into something.

Both are nfl players.

Is brown?
    Lol you truly will try to spin anything to favor Wentz. They are all bad. All are fringe roster guys in the NFL.

Both are nfl players.

Is brown?
    Jamon Brown -- career games: 62; career starts: 49.

Brett Toth -- career games: 6; career starts: 1.

So Brown is about 10-50 times the NFL player that Toth is.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-20-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Really the whole season there were just so many moving parts on the offensive line. I think they had like 14 or 15 different combinations for the whole season which is a NFL record. Still, they werenít horrible overall. PFF ranked them at about middle of the pack in the NFL for the entire season despite having backups at every position besides center. I think that says a lot about the potential of the young guys on that offensive line. Give these young guys some continuity and coaching to help them grow and they can maybe turn into something.
    All I said was week 16 we had the worst OL combination of the year and I 'm convinced of that.

Also Pryor @G vs. Pryor @T is a world of difference.

Updated mock for NFL Draft

All I said was week 16 we had the worst OL combination of the year and I 'm convinced of that.

Also Pryor @G vs. Pryor @T is a world of difference.
    I know. And I agree, I was just expanding it to the season as a whole. I know, different discussion, but many eagles fans are saying the OL was horrible and at times it was but other times it really wasnít. I know you arenít one of those fans, just saying.

I personally just really like the potential of mailata, herbig, driscoll, and Dillard. Add in seamalo who Jason kelce says could be a pro bowl center someday when kelce retires and I think the eagles actually have the next good OL already on the roster, they are just young and inexperienced at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    The majority of the line issues were Opeta, Brown, Pryor, and Mailata's growing pains. With a little more health the oline should be pretty good next year assuming Brooks and Lane can stay relatively healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The majority of the line issues were Opeta, Brown, Pryor, and Mailata's growing pains. With a little more health the oline should be pretty good next year assuming Brooks and Lane can stay relatively healthy.
    Agreed

Jamon Brown -- career games: 62; career starts: 49.

Brett Toth -- career games: 6; career starts: 1.

So Brown is about 10-50 times the NFL player that Toth is.
    So does that make Wentz 10-50 times the nfl player hurts is?

Terrible analogy.

Point is, the OL was awful throughout and Wentz getting zero consistency with OL, RB, WR or TE play was in a far worse position than hurts. KJ spelled that out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    When healthy itís a really really good OL. No question.

So does that make Wentz 10-50 times the nfl player hurts is?

Terrible analogy.

Point is, the OL was awful throughout and Wentz getting zero consistency with OL, RB, WR or TE play was in a far worse position than hurts. KJ spelled that out pretty well.
    I never made an analogy!

It was a response to questioning whether Brown is an NFL player, although he has played multiple seasons in the NFL, while also saying that Toth *is* an NFL player, even though he made his first NFL start in that week 16 game.

And no, according to PFF, ESPN, etc. the OL wasn't awful throughout. It was average.

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast