Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I'd make an exception for a sideline-to-sideline LB who's big and great in coverage. These guys are rare and very valuable to a defense.
    Heís not really that great in coverage. I mean heís not terrible but Iíd say average. The thing is though heís great at everything else and might be the best tackler in the draft. When you watch him play he looks like a bigger faster version of Jamal Adams. He will be dominant in the box and on blitzes, probably not so much in coverage. Still worthy of a top 10 pick in my opinion, pending the off the field stuff checks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Because I think you can use capitol in other years to go get a qb.

If hurts is good, great, you found one.

If heís not, the team will lose, get a high pick next year too.

I wonít be convinced that taking another QBs that high in what is now a 5 year span is a good idea.
    The problem with that thinking is that what if Hurts is mediocre? Heís not great enough to lead you deep into the playoffs but heís also not bad enough to completely tank. Youíre left always picking in the middle-late end of the 1st round when all the best QBís are already off the board. They could always trade up but then you end up spending capitol you didnít need to spend if you had just taken a QB when you were already picking in the top 10.

Because those guys are in every draft.
    You donít always have a shot at those guys though without having to give up future draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    No they arenít, if they were (meaning you scouted them and think they are nothing special) you donít draft them

If you think a guys special heís not in every draft. Thatís myopic thinking

All thatís being said is the ďevaluationĒ drives the pick not the position
    True, donít just draft a QB because you think you might need one. But if one of those guys (if a guy just falls to you) is special and the Eagles truly believe heís a legit franchise QB, they have to take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    The problem with that thinking is that what if Hurts is mediocre? Heís not great enough to lead you deep into the playoffs but heís also not bad enough to completely tank. Youíre left always picking in the middle-late end of the 1st round when all the best QBís are already off the board. They could always trade up but then you end up spending capitol you didnít need to spend if you had just taken a QB when you were already picking in the top 10.

Even if heís mediocre, the team around him wonít be good.

I donít believe these guys can be had in every draft

What QB in the 2020 nfl draft has the same duel threat ability that both Justin fields and trey lance have? Tua? Iíd argue his arm isnít as good as either fields or lance and isnít as athletic.. Jalen hurts? Iíd say both fields and lance have a better arm.

2019 draft? Kyler Murray? Heís very small so he has an issue seeing over the OL, also does he have the arm fields and lance does? Dwayne Haskins? Lmfao! Daniel Jones? Hahah! Drew lock?

What about the 2018 draft? Lamar Jackson? Heís obviously got the legs, but his arm is bad. Baker mayfield? Iíd say both fields and lance are more athletic and both can rival his arm. Josh Allen? Yes Iíd say heís a better player than both but Iíd also say he was a big mystery in the draft too.

Gotta go back to the 2017 draft to see some guys that rival that with mahomes and Watson (college success).

I'd make an exception for a sideline-to-sideline LB who's big and great in coverage. These guys are rare and very valuable to a defense.
    Jaylon smith kinda scares me away from parsons

Even if heís mediocre, the team around him wonít be good.
    Thatís a big chance to take when you are already in a position to draft a franchise QB. If Hurts is the guy though wouldnít a guy like Rashawn Slater be a better pick than a WR or defensive player (assuming this will be a total ground to ceiling rebuild)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post

QB is by far the most important position in sports. I just think if you really like a guy and you have even somewhat of a question with your current QBs, you draft that guy. This offseason we havenít heard the eagles committing to Jalen hurts, in fact they said that Jalen hurts isnít the starter yet and they plan on bringing in competition for him.
    Could it be that the front office wants other teams to think the eagles are in on a QB so a team trades in front of them so a player they really want falls to #6? Sure, itís possible. But honestly, I didnít see anything that makes me believe Jalen hurts is a franchise QB. Sure itís a small sample size, but I just think teams can scheme against him. Washington made him look bad. Looked like he couldnít throw for **** on them.

I also want to go on record as saying Iíd prefer just rolling with Jalen hurts to see how he does, but at the same time Iíd fully understand if the eagles do go QB at #6. Iíd prefer not trading up for a QB tho

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post

What QB in the 2020 nfl draft has the same duel threat ability that both Justin fields and trey lance have? Tua? Iíd argue his arm isnít as good as either fields or lance and isnít as athletic.. Jalen hurts? Iíd say both fields and lance have a better arm.

2019 draft? Kyler Murray? Heís very small so he has an issue seeing over the OL, also does he have the arm fields and lance does? Dwayne Haskins? Lmfao! Daniel Jones? Hahah! Drew lock?

What about the 2018 draft? Lamar Jackson? Heís obviously got the legs, but his arm is bad. Baker mayfield? Iíd say both fields and lance are more athletic and both can rival his arm. Josh Allen? Yes Iíd say heís a better player than both but Iíd also say he was a big mystery in the draft too.

Gotta go back to the 2017 draft to see some guys that rival that with mahomes and Watson (college success).
    Leaving off Lawrence as a dual threat? He's got some speed in long strides at his size. I'll be interested to see how he compares to Cam and Luck in athletic tests.

Updated mock for NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Leaving off Lawrence as a dual threat? He's got some speed in long strides at his size. I'll be interested to see how he compares to Cam and Luck in athletic tests.
    Oh I agree. In fact I think Zach Wilson could also be considered a duel threat QB. I was just talking about QBs that might be available at #6 for the eagles. Lawrence/Wilson probably wonít be there, fields/lance might.

I agree with this. If there is a QB you love then it would be dumb not to take them.

QB is by far the most important position in sports. I just think if you really like a guy and you have even somewhat of a question with your current QBs, you draft that guy. This offseason we havenít heard the eagles committing to Jalen hurts, in fact they said that Jalen hurts isnít the starter yet and they plan on bringing in competition for him.
    Could it be that the front office wants other teams to think the eagles are in on a QB so a team trades in front of them so a player they really want falls to #6? Sure, itís possible. But honestly, I didnít see anything that makes me believe Jalen hurts is a franchise QB. Sure itís a small sample size, but I just think teams can scheme against him. Washington made him look bad. Looked like he couldnít throw for **** on them.
    I'm for drafting a QB, but I'm also a little more optimistic about Hurts. Game 16 we had our worst OL combination of the year and Hurts still led two TD drives, plus one that stopped 4 yards from the endzone. When Sudfeld came in he kinda served as the control group, and showed how an actual backup QB would fare in these circumstances.

But the thing for me is even if Hurts beats out the rookie QB, continues to improve, and develops into a very good QB, that 6th overall selection doesn't lose value sitting on the bench. Well, he will lose some but he can probably still be flipped for a late first round pick later on.

Like I said the 2021 "transition" year is a waste anyway, so why not evaluate two QBs instead of one.

I'm for drafting a QB, but I'm also a little more optimistic about Hurts. Game 16 we had our worst OL combination of the year and Hurts still led two TD drives, plus one that stopped 4 yards from the endzone. When Sudfeld came in he kinda served as the control group, and showed how an actual backup QB would fare in these circumstances.

But the thing for me is even if Hurts beats out the rookie QB, continues to improve, and develops into a very good QB, that 6th overall selection doesn't lose value sitting on the bench. Well, he will lose some but he can probably still be flipped for a late first round pick later on.

Like I said the 2021 "transition" year is a waste anyway, so why not evaluate two QBs instead of one.
    Jamon brown played week 16?

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast