Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Roll with hurts and then give me Sam Howell in a couple.
    Iíd prefer giving hurts a shot for at least a year too but I wouldnít hate it if the eagles go QB. I donít really want to trade up for one though. If lance is there at #6 as the 4th QB Iíd be fine with that pick.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Iíd prefer giving hurts a shot for at least a year too but I wouldnít hate it if the eagles go QB. I donít really want to trade up for one though. If lance is there at #6 as the 4th QB Iíd be fine with that pick.
    Why do a QB can sit behind hurts?

Fix other holes and then get a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    More than anything we need a LB. Micah Parsons would be a great pick IMO. But Howie has never drafted a LB higher than 45.
    That is usually a pretty good strategy, picking off ball linebackers and rbs in the top 10 is pretty stupid imo.

And if said QB beats out hurts?

I donít think QB has to be the pick. I also donít think itís a bad pick. Itís BPA. Top 10 is for QBs, LTs and DEs. Other picks in the top 10 rarely pan out at the same frequency or matter more. If the eagles stay at 6 Iíd be thrilled with one of the WRs. But I also know trading back may be smartest

At 6 though? Taking a QB would be a great idea if itís the right guy. If he plays really well and has an amazing 2021 season you get nice value for jalen next offseason. Wonít be. 2 per se but you never know.

If they drafted lance and heís all that and more it was worth it.

The future is unclear, we donít even know the next time the eagles will be in position to draft a good QB prospect. This year at #6 there should be a QB prospect there that would probably be a top 3ish prospect in most other drafts. Hurts and the eagles would really have to tank just to be in that position again.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    And if said QB beats out hurts?

I donít think QB has to be the pick. I also donít think itís a bad pick. Itís BPA. Top 10 is for QBs, LTs and DEs. Other picks in the top 10 rarely pan out at the same frequency or matter more. If the eagles stay at 6 Iíd be thrilled with one of the WRs. But I also know trading back may be smartest

At 6 though? Taking a QB would be a great idea if itís the right guy. If he plays really well and has an amazing 2021 season you get nice value for jalen next offseason. Wonít be. 2 per se but you never know.

If they drafted lance and heís all that and more it was worth it.
    If Hurts looks good coming out of camp and a rookie actually beats him out the Eagles would have a very valuable trade chip in Hurts. Or like I said earlier, would have one of the best QB depth charts in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    The future is unclear, we donít even know the next time the eagles will be in position to draft a good QB prospect. This year at #6 there should be a QB prospect there that would probably be a top 3ish prospect in most other drafts. Hurts and the eagles would really have to tank just to be in that position again.
    I really hope you guys don't take a QB since you pick in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    That is usually a pretty good strategy, picking off ball linebackers and rbs in the top 10 is pretty stupid imo.
    I'd make an exception for a sideline-to-sideline LB who's big and great in coverage. These guys are rare and very valuable to a defense.

What if you think the QB on the board (presumably Lance) is just special? I think you really gotta let your evaluation of the players dictate. You draft players, not positions. Gotta let your evaluations of the players drive decisions, not the idea in your head of which positions would be ideal to fill.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    What if you think the QB on the board (presumably Lance) is just special? I think you really gotta let your evaluation of the players dictate. You draft players, not positions. Gotta let your evaluations of the players drive decisions, not the idea in your head of which positions would be ideal to fill.
    Because I think you can use capitol in other years to go get a qb.

If hurts is good, great, you found one.

If heís not, the team will lose, get a high pick next year too.

I wonít be convinced that taking another QBs that high in what is now a 5 year span is a good idea.

Because I think you can use capitol in other years to go get a qb.

If hurts is good, great, you found one.

If heís not, the team will lose, get a high pick next year too.

I wonít be convinced that taking another QBs that high in what is now a 5 year span is a good idea.
    I just don't agree with how you're looking at it. You aren't drafting "another QB". You're drafting Trey Lance, Justin Fields, etc. I think your evaluation of that specific player should drive decision. I certainly understand where you're coming from and it's very logical. But if Lance or whoever is a stud then when we look back with hindsight we'll say that should have been the move (unless Hurts is also a stud).

Obviously no one's got a crystal ball. But if that's the outcome they see in their honest evaluations then I think that's what they got to go with. Decide if a QB makes sense based on what you think of the prospects themselves, not the "idea" of when you should draft a QB.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I just don't agree with how you're looking at it. You aren't drafting "another QB". You're drafting Trey Lance, Justin Fields, etc. I think your evaluation of that specific player should drive decision. I certainly understand where you're coming from and it's very logical. But if Lance or whoever is a stud then when we look back with hindsight we'll say that should have been the move (unless Hurts is also a stud).

Obviously no one's got a crystal ball. But if that's the outcome they see in their honest evaluations then I think that's what they got to go with. Decide if a QB makes sense based on what you think of the prospects themselves, not the "idea" of when you should draft a QB.
    Because those guys are in every draft.

No they arenít, if they were (meaning you scouted them and think they are nothing special) you donít draft them

If you think a guys special heís not in every draft. Thatís myopic thinking

All thatís being said is the ďevaluationĒ drives the pick not the position

I'm not super high on Fields, but there's 4 guys in this class who are better than most classes. Unless someone comes out of nowhere like Burrow, the 2022 class looks like it has one good prospect, and I don't think he's better than Lawrence or Wilson and doesn't have the upside of Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm not super high on Fields, but there's 4 guys in this class who are better than most classes. Unless someone comes out of nowhere like Burrow, the 2022 class looks like it has one good prospect, and I don't think he's better than Lawrence or Wilson and doesn't have the upside of Lance.
    I think youíll see as the season happens and goes that guys will emerge, not to Lawerence level but that next tier of guys.

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast