Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 638
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    6,252
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Roll with hurts and then give me Sam Howell in a couple.
    Iíd prefer giving hurts a shot for at least a year too but I wouldnít hate it if the eagles go QB. I donít really want to trade up for one though. If lance is there at #6 as the 4th QB Iíd be fine with that pick.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    96,241
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Iíd prefer giving hurts a shot for at least a year too but I wouldnít hate it if the eagles go QB. I donít really want to trade up for one though. If lance is there at #6 as the 4th QB Iíd be fine with that pick.
    Why do a QB can sit behind hurts?

    Fix other holes and then get a QB.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    More than anything we need a LB. Micah Parsons would be a great pick IMO. But Howie has never drafted a LB higher than 45.
    That is usually a pretty good strategy, picking off ball linebackers and rbs in the top 10 is pretty stupid imo.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    18,410
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Why do a QB can sit behind hurts?

    Fix other holes and then get a QB.
    And if said QB beats out hurts?

    I donít think QB has to be the pick. I also donít think itís a bad pick. Itís BPA. Top 10 is for QBs, LTs and DEs. Other picks in the top 10 rarely pan out at the same frequency or matter more. If the eagles stay at 6 Iíd be thrilled with one of the WRs. But I also know trading back may be smartest

    At 6 though? Taking a QB would be a great idea if itís the right guy. If he plays really well and has an amazing 2021 season you get nice value for jalen next offseason. Wonít be. 2 per se but you never know.

    If they drafted lance and heís all that and more it was worth it.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    6,252
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Why do a QB can sit behind hurts?

    Fix other holes and then get a QB.
    The future is unclear, we donít even know the next time the eagles will be in position to draft a good QB prospect. This year at #6 there should be a QB prospect there that would probably be a top 3ish prospect in most other drafts. Hurts and the eagles would really have to tank just to be in that position again.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,042
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    And if said QB beats out hurts?

    I donít think QB has to be the pick. I also donít think itís a bad pick. Itís BPA. Top 10 is for QBs, LTs and DEs. Other picks in the top 10 rarely pan out at the same frequency or matter more. If the eagles stay at 6 Iíd be thrilled with one of the WRs. But I also know trading back may be smartest

    At 6 though? Taking a QB would be a great idea if itís the right guy. If he plays really well and has an amazing 2021 season you get nice value for jalen next offseason. Wonít be. 2 per se but you never know.

    If they drafted lance and heís all that and more it was worth it.
    If Hurts looks good coming out of camp and a rookie actually beats him out the Eagles would have a very valuable trade chip in Hurts. Or like I said earlier, would have one of the best QB depth charts in the NFL.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    The future is unclear, we donít even know the next time the eagles will be in position to draft a good QB prospect. This year at #6 there should be a QB prospect there that would probably be a top 3ish prospect in most other drafts. Hurts and the eagles would really have to tank just to be in that position again.
    I really hope you guys don't take a QB since you pick in front of us.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    That is usually a pretty good strategy, picking off ball linebackers and rbs in the top 10 is pretty stupid imo.
    I'd make an exception for a sideline-to-sideline LB who's big and great in coverage. These guys are rare and very valuable to a defense.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    35,152
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Why do a QB can sit behind hurts?

    Fix other holes and then get a QB.
    What if you think the QB on the board (presumably Lance) is just special? I think you really gotta let your evaluation of the players dictate. You draft players, not positions. Gotta let your evaluations of the players drive decisions, not the idea in your head of which positions would be ideal to fill.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    96,241
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    What if you think the QB on the board (presumably Lance) is just special? I think you really gotta let your evaluation of the players dictate. You draft players, not positions. Gotta let your evaluations of the players drive decisions, not the idea in your head of which positions would be ideal to fill.
    Because I think you can use capitol in other years to go get a qb.

    If hurts is good, great, you found one.

    If heís not, the team will lose, get a high pick next year too.

    I wonít be convinced that taking another QBs that high in what is now a 5 year span is a good idea.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    35,152
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Because I think you can use capitol in other years to go get a qb.

    If hurts is good, great, you found one.

    If heís not, the team will lose, get a high pick next year too.

    I wonít be convinced that taking another QBs that high in what is now a 5 year span is a good idea.
    I just don't agree with how you're looking at it. You aren't drafting "another QB". You're drafting Trey Lance, Justin Fields, etc. I think your evaluation of that specific player should drive decision. I certainly understand where you're coming from and it's very logical. But if Lance or whoever is a stud then when we look back with hindsight we'll say that should have been the move (unless Hurts is also a stud).

    Obviously no one's got a crystal ball. But if that's the outcome they see in their honest evaluations then I think that's what they got to go with. Decide if a QB makes sense based on what you think of the prospects themselves, not the "idea" of when you should draft a QB.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    96,241
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I just don't agree with how you're looking at it. You aren't drafting "another QB". You're drafting Trey Lance, Justin Fields, etc. I think your evaluation of that specific player should drive decision. I certainly understand where you're coming from and it's very logical. But if Lance or whoever is a stud then when we look back with hindsight we'll say that should have been the move (unless Hurts is also a stud).

    Obviously no one's got a crystal ball. But if that's the outcome they see in their honest evaluations then I think that's what they got to go with. Decide if a QB makes sense based on what you think of the prospects themselves, not the "idea" of when you should draft a QB.
    Because those guys are in every draft.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    18,410
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Because those guys are in every draft.
    No they arenít, if they were (meaning you scouted them and think they are nothing special) you donít draft them

    If you think a guys special heís not in every draft. Thatís myopic thinking

    All thatís being said is the ďevaluationĒ drives the pick not the position

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14,515
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Because those guys are in every draft.
    I'm not super high on Fields, but there's 4 guys in this class who are better than most classes. Unless someone comes out of nowhere like Burrow, the 2022 class looks like it has one good prospect, and I don't think he's better than Lawrence or Wilson and doesn't have the upside of Lance.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    96,241
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm not super high on Fields, but there's 4 guys in this class who are better than most classes. Unless someone comes out of nowhere like Burrow, the 2022 class looks like it has one good prospect, and I don't think he's better than Lawrence or Wilson and doesn't have the upside of Lance.
    I think youíll see as the season happens and goes that guys will emerge, not to Lawerence level but that next tier of guys.

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •