Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I could get on board with it. I just donít want to see a trade up.

It just seems this team may be awhile away from contending regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We all thought the same thing in 2016

A really great young QB can change that outlook. Whether thatís hurts or a draft pick

Letís just say you draft Zach Wilson. And he beats hurts and is basically like this years Herbert or burrow

Would you feel it was worth it? Probably. Suddenly 2022 becomes ďoh man just sign this free agent, draft this guy and weíre in the mixĒ

QB matters a lot. Thatís personally why im ok with it. Now Iím personally more ok with some prospects than others. But if they take Wilson, fields or lance Iíll likely get behind it because the eagles have been 2/2 with QBs theyíve taken in the top 10. Ironically both at #2. Which is where the eagles would likely be drafting their next QB in my opinion as I think theyíd trade with the jets.

Again. Iíll lay out another scenario. Letís say jalen hurts plays incredibly well. Donít you automatically feel infinitely better about 2022. Thatís why I can get behind drafting a guy at QB. If they took letís say Justin fields. And jalen hurts goes out there and slings 28-32 TDs and runs for a few too

Well if you donít think Justin fields is getting the eagles hefty compensation come 2022 youíve got another thing coming. Especially when next year is a week QB class. Justin fields on a rookie deal probably gets you great compensation

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Trey Lance or Mac Jones end up being the breakout QB of this draft because last season nobody expected Herbert to turn into a superstar QB and win Offensive Rookie of the Year...same thing could happen with Lance or even Jones for that matter or even Wilson
    That usually does happen in a lot of drafts. Itís usually the second or third QB taken that ends up being the better player.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    We all thought the same thing in 2016

A really great young QB can change that outlook. Whether thatís hurts or a draft pick

Letís just say you draft Zach Wilson. And he beats hurts and is basically like this years Herbert or burrow

Would you feel it was worth it? Probably. Suddenly 2022 becomes ďoh man just sign this free agent, draft this guy and weíre in the mixĒ

QB matters a lot. Thatís personally why im ok with it. Now Iím personally more ok with some prospects than others. But if they take Wilson, fields or lance Iíll likely get behind it because the eagles have been 2/2 with QBs theyíve taken in the top 10. Ironically both at #2. Which is where the eagles would likely be drafting their next QB in my opinion as I think theyíd trade with the jets.

Again. Iíll lay out another scenario. Letís say jalen hurts plays incredibly well. Donít you automatically feel infinitely better about 2022. Thatís why I can get behind drafting a guy at QB. If they took letís say Justin fields. And jalen hurts goes out there and slings 28-32 TDs and runs for a few too

Well if you donít think Justin fields is getting the eagles hefty compensation come 2022 youíve got another thing coming. Especially when next year is a week QB class. Justin fields on a rookie deal probably gets you great compensation
    Do the Eagles have to ammo to move up to 3 to get Fields? Heís not getting past Atlanta at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Do the Eagles have to ammo to move up to 3 to get Fields? Heís not getting past Atlanta at 4.

Depends on how bad they want it, there could be a ton of competition for that pick.

Ya ammo isnít the question, desire is moreso the question. They could get up to anywhere from 2-4. Do they want to pay the price though? Idk tbh. Itís hard to say because I donít know how much they like hurts

So what QB do the Philly fans want the Eagles to draft at 6?
    Fields, but he'd probably require trading up for, and I don't really want to give up draft picks in a year when all our draft picks could see significant playing time.

I'd be fine with Lance though.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Fields, but he'd probably require trading up for, and I don't really want to give up draft picks in a year when all our draft picks could see significant playing time.

wont matter after wentz previous season the only path is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11
    I wouldn't be surprised if Trey Lance or Mac Jones end up being the breakout QB of this draft because last season nobody expected Herbert to turn into a superstar QB and win Offensive Rookie of the Year...same thing could happen with Lance or even Jones for that matter or even Wilson
    Trey Lance has all the raw tools to be it, but I'll eat a ****ing shoe if Mac Jones is the best QB in this class. Dude has so many red flags that will hamper him if he goes to a team lacking in talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B
    This would be such a dumb move for the Eagles IMO. For how much they'd have to give up to move to #3, they're really not getting enough return from Fields that they might possibly have in Hurts. OSU QBs are trash in the NFL and I don't think Fields is a lock to break that tradition.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

From everything Iíve seen and read about Trey Lance his game is very similar to Justin Fields. Lance is slightly bigger though. Both have a big arm, both are very mobile, both have been said to be good leaders. There are only 2 differences really. One is level of competition and the other is the fact that Lance didnít play this year.

I have also heard that there are a couple teams that like Lance better than Fields. I would not be shocked if a team trades up and drafts Lance ahead of Fields.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Trey Lance has all the raw tools to be it, but I'll eat a ****ing shoe if Mac Jones is the best QB in this class. Dude has so many red flags that will hamper him if he goes to a team lacking in talent.

This would be such a dumb move for the Eagles IMO. For how much they'd have to give up to move to #3, they're really not getting enough return from Fields that they might possibly have in Hurts. OSU QBs are trash in the NFL and I don't think Fields is a lock to break that tradition.
    I totally disagree that it would be a terrible mistake to trade up for a QB. First off, this is a QB driven league. Hurts played well but he also had his struggles with accuracy. If the Eagles feel that Fields is their guy they would be smart to go and get him.

Fields is not like the previous OSU QBís where they were more athletes playing QB. Fields is a legit QB that happens to also be a good athlete. Also he wasnít originally an OSU guy, heís a transfer from Georgia who has a history of putting out good QBís to the NFL.

In a year where the Eagles will be in cap hell the best thing they could do is solidify the QB position. I mean worst case scenario they would have one of the better QB depth charts in the NFL with Fields/Hurts. Then once they get out of cap hell they can focus on rebuilding the rest of their team (while the QB position is set).

In my opinion the best thing the Eagles could do is draft a QB.

Eagles if anythin need a receiver more than they do a QB

From everything Iíve seen and read about Trey Lance his game is very similar to Justin Fields. Lance is slightly bigger though. Both have a big arm, both are very mobile, both have been said to be good leaders. There are only 2 differences really. One is level of competition and the other is the fact that Lance didnít play this year.

I have also heard that there are a couple teams that like Lance better than Fields. I would not be shocked if a team trades up and drafts Lance ahead of Fields.
    Yeah, I really just want the Eagles to stay put. If other teams trade up for a QB, then so be it.

As I said, every player we draft this year has a good chance of getting significant playing time, because there will be so many holes to fill on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Eagles if anythin need a receiver more than they do a QB
    More than anything we need a LB. Micah Parsons would be a great pick IMO. But Howie has never drafted a LB higher than 45.

I think Howie needs to HONESTLY evaluate the QB position.

1) Be true to your scouting assessment on Hurts. Do no let the egg-on-your-face reaction if you replace him after taking him in round 2 last year impact things. Do not "talk yourself into him". Just be fair and honest of if you think he's a QB to be excited about building around.

2) Make the same honest assessment about the QBs this year. Don't talk yourself into or out of drafting one. Just let honest evaluation drive things on if it's worth it.

If the honest evaluation is that you don't have a franchise QB but could get one, you HAVE to go that route, IMO.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think Howie needs to HONESTLY evaluate the QB position.

1) Be true to your scouting assessment on Hurts. Do no let the egg-on-your-face reaction if you replace him after taking him in round 2 last year impact things. Do not "talk yourself into him". Just be fair and honest of if you think he's a QB to be excited about building around.

2) Make the same honest assessment about the QBs this year. Don't talk yourself into or out of drafting one. Just let honest evaluation drive things on if it's worth it.

If the honest evaluation is that you don't have a franchise QB but could get one, you HAVE to go that route, IMO.
    This is the only way to go for the eagles. If the eagles think jalen hurts is a franchise QB then you take a WR

If you think one of the QBs (Wilson, fields, lance) have franchise potential you donít pass them up

Thing is, Arizona drafted josh Rosen and then the very next year took Kyler Murray

I think franchise QB is everything so being honest for Philly is more important than worrying about the optics

I keep reading ďeagles owe it to jalen hurtsĒ no they donít. Jalen has played 4 games. The only thing they owe him is a fair swing at the job.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast