Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    This is an article from the Cowboys point of view but if youíre interested in seeing a comparison between Patrick Surtain and Jaycee Horn.

https://twitter.com/dmn_cowboys/stat...507101185?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good read. The Eagles will take whichever one the Cowboys didn't want

I like both but if I have to pick one for the Eagles give me Patrick Surtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I really think both will end up being elite CBís. Out of the two I probably still prefer Jaycee Horn but I would not be upset at all with Surtain.

So here's been my question regarding SF- they traded up to #3 and everyone assumes that is to take a QB. OK, I can see that. But they're also being tied to Mac Jones. OK, I can see that, too. What I can't wrap my head around is...if Mac Jones is their guy (sidebar being I don't know why), why trade all the way up to 3? Obviously it was possible to trade to 6 with the Eagles, since Miami did just that. Was there really a chance Jones isn't there at 6?!
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So here's been my question regarding SF- they traded up to #3 and everyone assumes that is to take a QB. OK, I can see that. But they're also being tied to Mac Jones. OK, I can see that, too. What I can't wrap my head around is...if Mac Jones is their guy (sidebar being I don't know why), why trade all the way up to 3? Obviously it was possible to trade to 6 with the Eagles, since Miami did just that. Was there really a chance Jones isn't there at 6?!
    They had to have heard something.

My real theory is they had a few of them rated them same and they wanted to have their pick rather than take who they could get.

Probably the NFL is just higher on Jones than the mock drafters.

They have to have gotten word that another team was trying to move into the top 5 to draft Jones (if he really is their guy). Maybe they heard New England wanted him. Of the top QBís Mac Jones may not have the highest ceiling but heís the most NFL ready right now. That explains why San Fran is interested. Maybe they got word that New England was trying to move into the top 5 for Jones. With all the free agent moves New England has made it would make sense that they want the most NFL ready QB too?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Probably the NFL is just higher on Jones than the mock drafters.
    Yea i definitely think thatís the case. The scouts love the guy. Itís the talking heads and fans that question him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    From what Iím reading Horn fits Quinnís system better but that doesnít garuntee anything either . Dallas also dropped out of the bidding for Wright so maybe Parsons could be a option . Is it me or does this draft seem crazy deep ? Or is it so many QB are going early that itís making the first round deep at other positions?

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    From what Iím reading Horn fits Quinnís system better but that doesnít garuntee anything either . Dallas also dropped out of the bidding for Wright so maybe Parsons could be a option . Is it me or does this draft seem crazy deep ? Or is it so many QB are going early that itís making the first round deep at other positions?
    I think it is all because of the QBís that are expected to go in the top 10. If 5 QBís go in the top 10 then Dallas essentially has the #5 pick in the draft because QB isnít on their draft board, at least not that high.

As for Parsons, I really donít think heís the guy they want. He has some off the field issues I think they want to stay away from. I do think they are looking at Jamin Davis in the 2nd round though. Or hoping that Zavin Collins makes it to the 2nd round. Collins is a beast LB but Davis is better in coverage.

2 reasons I think. The first being they likely have 4 top rated QBís (Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Fields). By trading to #3 theyíre guaranteed one of them. One could fall out of the top 5, but thatís not a guarantee. The trade ensures theyíll get one.

Well they could have traded to #4? That leads to the second part

The other, I think SF has a 2 year window to win before they have to start really breaking the team/defense apart for financial reasons. Mac Jones is the most NFL ready QB in the draft class.

Lawrence is going #1 - everyone knows that

The Jets could be a wild card but all signs point to Wilson. And I donít think theyíre crazy enough to take Jones at #2... Leaving Wilson and Fields on the board who both have much more upside than Jones

So by getting to #3, SF is assured a top 4 QB and likely takes the most NFL ready QB in the draft

They have to have gotten word that another team was trying to move into the top 5 to draft Jones (if he really is their guy). Maybe they heard New England wanted him. Of the top QBís Mac Jones may not have the highest ceiling but heís the most NFL ready right now. That explains why San Fran is interested. Maybe they got word that New England was trying to move into the top 5 for Jones. With all the free agent moves New England has made it would make sense that they want the most NFL ready QB too?

I don't even dislike Jones that much, but I still fail to see how the guy with arguably the lowest and least modern-day NFL QB skills of the top 4/5 happens to be the most NFL-ready prospect in this equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I don't even dislike Jones that much, but I still fail to see how the guy with arguably the lowest and least modern-day NFL QB skills of the top 4/5 happens to be the most NFL-ready prospect in this equation.
    You donít been to be a freak running threat to be successful in todayís NFL. You just have to be able to make all the throws from the pocket, be smart, and be a leader which Jones checks all those boxes. Brady is not a superior athlete but heís extremely smart, a leader, and gets the ball out quick.

You donít been to be a freak running threat to be successful in todayís NFL. You just have to be able to make all the throws from the pocket, be smart, and be a leader which Jones checks all those boxes. Brady is not a superior athlete but heís extremely smart, a leader, and gets the ball out quick.

Yes. I think this will always be true. However most colleges just donít develop these types of QBs anymore because itís a different game.

It was odd that the 3 team trade was made immediately after Zach Wilson pro day.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast