Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    The problem with his stats for me is his team was absolutely stacked.

However the 49ers apparently trust his skillset enough that they are comfortable drafting him at 3 if the Jets take Wilson.
    What I've seen was low chance of 49ers doing it, but higher chance of Falcons, Panthers, Patriots taking him in the top 10.
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Iíve always said that the most efficient way to scout is to list undraftable position-school combos. You knock off a huge chunk of prospects there.

Next you decide ahead of time which position you want to draft in each round. Now you donít even bother scoring any other prospects in that rounds range.

However after latest trades that went down in terms of draft order, it has the mock draft lookin like this now:

1- Trevor Lawrence (QB) (Jaguars)
    2- Zach Wilson (QB) (Jets)
    3- Trey Lance (QB) (49ers via Dolphins)
    4- Justin Fields (QB) (hometown Falcons)
    5- Penei Sewell (OT) (Bengals)
    6- DeVonta Smith (WR) (Dolphins via Eagles)
    7- JaMarr Chase (WR) (Lions)
    8- Kyle Pitts (TE) (Panthers)
    9- Rashawn Slater (OT) (Vikings via trade w/Broncos; projected TBD)

10- Jaycee Horn (CB) (Cowboys)
    11- Greg Rousseau (EDGE) (Giants)
    12- Jaylen Waddle (WR) (Eagles via 49ers)
    13- Christian Darrisaw (OT) (Chargers)

14- Azeez Ojulari (EDGE) (Broncos via possible trade w/Vikings; TBD)

15- Mac Jones (QB) (Patriots; falls to them)
    16- Patrick Surtain Jr (CB) (Cardinals)
    17- Trevon Moehrig (S) (Las Vegas Raiders)
    18- Najee Harris (RB) (Dolphins)
    19- Samuel Cosmi (OT) (Colts via possible trade with Washington Football Team; TBD)

20- Greg Newsome (CB) (Bears)
    21- Micah Parsons (LB) (Washington Football Team via possible trade w/Indy; TBD)

22- Caleb Farley (CB) (Titans; slips to them at 22)

23- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (LB) (Jets)
    24- Javonte Williams (RB) (Steelers)
    25- Christian Barmore (DL) (Jaguars)
    26- Kwity Paye (EDGE) (Browns)
    27- Joseph Ossai (EDGE) (Ravens)
    28- Rashod Bateman (WR) (Saints)
    29- Teven Jenkins (OT) (Packers)
    30- Jaelan Philips (EDGE) (Bills)
    31- Alex Leatherwood (OT) (Chiefs)
    32- Jayson Oweh (EDGE) (Buccaneers)

So a lot of surprises and slips this time around judging from what I just saw online from latest mocks

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    What I've seen was low chance of 49ers doing it, but higher chance of Falcons, Panthers, Patriots taking him in the top 10.
    Yea, well that is also coming from Sports Media, they have no idea what they are talking about.

Scouts are saying the 9ers will take Jones if Wilson is gone, not talking heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is from Tankathon

Canít see Barmore for NE. Really bad agility numbers and across positions thatís always been the most consistent trait NE has drafted.

In that scenario, I think Horn or Parsons each fit NE scheme and athletic preferences to a much greater degree.

https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-...-lance-at-no-3

New mock from the NFL official site after all the dust has settled. I like the Eagles pick

I find it funny that so many mocks have the Vikings taking an OT at 14 with Sewell and Slater gone.
    Some, for some reason, think they'd go WR (I'd hope they only go WR/TE if somehow, unlikely, Chase or Pitts are there)
    IMO if those 4 are gone, they go DE and/or trade down
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Canít see Barmore for NE. Really bad agility numbers and across positions thatís always been the most consistent trait NE has drafted.

In that scenario, I think Horn or Parsons each fit NE scheme and athletic preferences to a much greater degree.
    Have you heard anything about what their plan is for Stephon Gilmore? Would they use him in any trade up scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-...-lance-at-no-3

New mock from the NFL official site after all the dust has settled. I like the Eagles pick
    Would be cool with horn there. Cornerback is a need. Man if they went cornerback early, that secondary would turn around in a hurry. Gannon could actually make them look pretty good

Any doctors in here?

I was wondering how serious of an injury Caleb Farley has and if a doctor can chime in thatíd be cool. I think I read somewhere that rob gronkowski had a similar injury in his 2nd or 3rd year and it didnít seem to effect him much though obviously different people react differently to some injuries.

WR is not a need for the eagles? Lol

Fulgham is an unknown, reagor is an unknown, ward is about as much of an ok player as you can get. Watkins and hightower are also extreme unknowns

Just because WR isnít the only need doesnít mean it isnít a need

Eagles need things all over. WR, CB, LB, DE

All 4 of those could be argued as 1st rounders for the eagles

For the Pats, wildcard is obviously quarterback. Whether it's Jones falling to #15 or Pats moving up for him (or another QB), that's kind of tough to predict. But pulling QB out of it, I think these prospects fit best for us at #15:

Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech... We have, on paper, a good starting tandem in Isiah Wynn and Trent Brown. Both have been injury prone though, especially Wynn. Brown is a FA after the year and Wynn we have to decide on his 5th year option which is fine for how he's played when out there but a lot for how little he's managed to stay healthy. 10 years ago they chose Nate Solder in this same range a year ahead of when they needed him to replace Matt Light at LT. I could see a similar situation here for depth in year 1, starter thereafter. I also wouldn't rule out an Isiah Wynn trade for a day 2 or early day 3 pick ahead of that rookie option year either if they do land an OT here like Darrisaw.

Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina... Similar to OT, CB isn't a need now with Gilmore and JC Jackson. But Gilmore is in the last year of his deal and Jackson is on an RFA tender. BB has always leaned towards building his defense on coverage so I imagine he'd like to keep the CB cupboard well stocked. Horn seems to have the measurables and athletic profile to hack it in our man heavy schemes. Surtain could fit as well, but I don't think he offers quite the same upside as Horn does. Could be a year earlier than they need a CB, though drafting one here could lead them to explore a trade for Gilmore as there have been whispers of, or even the younger JC Jackson if they don't view him as someone they'll want to commit to next year for projected huge money.

Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa... A lot will consider this a reach, and maybe it is, but I think he's an ideal scheme fit for NE as a Hightower replacement (he's in the last year of his deal). That's an important role in BB's multiple front scheme. Collins is a guy who I see having potential to bring some of that multi-dimensional ability in terms of being able to play the run inside, blitz the A gaps vs the pass and also take on reasonable coverage responsibility. Personally, I think he'll go to MIA at #18 so while some might say move back, not sure they could if they want him. Wouldn't even surprise me if MIA moved up ahead of us for him, TBH. I feel like in the BB/Flores defensive scheme he's uniquely qualified. With Hightower in the fold, this would be another "1 year earlier than we need him" type of pick. Parsons would be an option if he falls, but I could definitely see this being a case of BB liking the less generally regarded player as we've seen before.

Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan... Another defensive front 7 piece. On paper, the Pats have a well stocked cupboard on the edge. They added Judon in FA who seems like a prototypical BB edge player in terms of being able to set the edge vs the run, keep contain on the outside rush vs mobile QBs, drop into coverage to make up for when they blitz from the A gaps from the 2nd level. BB generally values those things more than he does pure pass rush ability. Same with Kyle Van Noy who they brought back. Behind them, they have two young Michigan defenders. Josh Uche flashed in limited time last year but has some scheme versatility to play off the ball as well - think Jamie Collins in NE. They also have Chase Winovich who has been a really solid sub package edge rusher, but doesn't embrace those concepts BB cares more about at DE. Wouldn't be surprised if BB moves Winovich for a pick and gives up hope on him buying in more. Paye, also from Michigan and that defensive scheme, is a much better projection in the system. I think he profiles well for the type of things BB likes his edge defenders to be able to do. Not the biggest immediate need but if they do move on from Winovich as I have a gut feeling they will and Uche projects more as a 2nd level backer like I think he might, then suddenly a 3rd rotation guy with Judon/Van Noy is a sneaky need, ideally someone that can grow into a stud there in a year or two's time.

Najee Harris, RB, Alabama... Kind of a surprise here but I have RB low-key a sneaky need. They were reportedly sniffing around Carson and Fournette in free agency before they returned to their respective teams. NE already has Damian Harris and Sony Michel, who each seem like decent 1st and 2nd down runners. Neither contribute in the passing game though. Harris, like Fournette and Carson, projects as someone who will be a power back but also brings some element of receiving value. NE lacks that combo threat right now (James White was Brough back but he's a pure receiver vs dual threat). Harris also brings the size BB loved when he had Legarrette Blount as someone who's just an absolute load to tackle in the 4th quarter while defenses are tired. We project to rely heavily on the power running game if Cam is the starter and projecting to be a big time 12 personnel team. Harris fits that really well while bring some run-pass diversity to the backfield still. Wouldn't be surprised if Michel is moved for a late round pick either.

Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU... Another "year earlier than we need him" name. Devin McCourty's contract voids after this season. The single high safety is a huge part of BB's man coverage schemes so I could see that being a position they'd like to lock in a year early. Moehrig has the speed/athleticism and communication skills that could make him a good replacement. Similar to Collins earlier, I could see this just being a position that BB places higher value on due to his scheme requirements.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Have you heard anything about what their plan is for Stephon Gilmore? Would they use him in any trade up scenario?

His contract status screams for either an extension or trading him somewhere that will. Last year they borrowed money from his cap number this year to give him a raise for 2020 so now he's at well below market value (under $7M for this year). At the same time, they reportedly haven't been shopping him.

They seem to have build this team with the mindset of competing this year. Gilmore wasn't DPOY good last year, but he was also got COVID, battled some minor injuries and was playing with probably the worst front 7 in the game. He was still really, really damn good last year even if not the DPOY, best CB in the game level from 2019. I'd imagine that this year, in a contract year, he'd figure to step up his play. If he does hit FA next year, I'd think he still commands high enough AAV on his next deal to land a compensatory 3rd rounder which NE could be in line to land if they take a break from spending next year like they did this year (though with Gilmore, McCourty, Trent Brown, Hightower all coming off the books and some of this year's secondary signings being release-able next year, if NE opts not to retain their own guys they will be able to go on another spending spree next year if they really wanted to which would cancel out any comp pick return).

I think they'd probably want 2nd round value in return to consider it, but anything lower than that I think they'd rather keep him even if it's just playing out this year.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast