Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 638
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    70,461
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Maybe.
    I think itís a stronger than maybe that someone better than Pitts will be BPA. Between QB needs, potential trades, heck even a QB slipping and some team offering to move into 6, the likely hood of Pitts being BPA is kinda low.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    98,968
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think itís a stronger than maybe that someone better than Pitts will be BPA. Between QB needs, potential trades, heck even a QB slipping and some team offering to move into 6, the likely hood of Pitts being BPA is kinda low.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then you take bpa.

    I said of heís bpa at 6 you take him. I couldnít have been more clear.

    If you trade back and heís bpa you take him.

    For 2021 I want bpa regardless of pick number.

    Youíre also very low on Pitts which is fine. Many have said heís worth the hype as well.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    70,461
    Iím not low on Pitts. I just think heís super overrated. This is the same guy that just 4 months ago was rated as a 2nd rounder and now some of those same people are attaching ďhall of fameĒ to him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    8,841
    Has there ever been a TE that was super hyped up before the draft that met expectations?

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    70,461

    Updated mock for NFL Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Has there ever been a TE that was super hyped up before the draft that met expectations?
    Only one I can think of in recent memory is Greg Olsen, and even then he went to another team and transformed himself into an elite blocker.

    Edit:
    This is just the way I see it. If you get a guy at 6, you want plug and play. Take Chase or Smith. Put them at the Y-receiver, and have them run the route tree all day long.

    With Pitts you canít just put him as an in-line TE and expect him to do TE stuff. You have to teach him all 3 WR spots, as well as TE, and maybe even some HBack stuff. Then you got to build the scheme sets to have him in. What percent of the time is he in there? 25%? 33%? 66%? Who is coming off or staying off for that? How many snaps of Goedert are you going to give up to get Pitts on the field? And with sucky (according to fans) outside WRs how do you prevent teams from packing the middle of the field?

    As much as I like Chase for the Eagles, Slater would be perfect. 4 spot flexibility on the OL. Played in a RPO zone read offense. Technically clean and sound. Worse case IOL is upgraded, best case you got a stud LT to slide right in.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by warfelg; 03-16-2021 at 09:10 AM.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You keep throwing in players (Greg Olsen) that are good at something (blocking) that Pitts has not shown. Not a good comp.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, this is the first time I'm throwing any names and that is in response to you trying to belittle his ceiling, from top TE/pass-catcher to good starter. Also, the consensus around Olsen is that he wasn't good at blocking, PFF numbers as far as I know back that up, and you are severely underrating Pitts' own blocking, FWIW.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    70,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Well, this is the first time I'm throwing any names and that is in response to you trying to belittle his ceiling, from top TE/pass-catcher to good starter. Also, the consensus around Olsen is that he wasn't good at blocking, PFF numbers as far as I know back that up, and you are severely underrating Pitts' own blocking, FWIW.
    Every negative on Pitts relates to blocking.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    98,968
    If heís going for 1000/10 I donít care if he can block.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Every negative on Pitts relates to blocking.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What does that have to do with how good or bad he actually is as a blocker? I get that it's the easiest thing to pick on for a guy that is projected to be a primarily pass-catcher, but every time I've watched him block I couldn't stop thinking, 'what in the hell are all those people picking on his blocking actually seeing?'. The effort is definitely there, to say the least.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If heís going for 1000/10 I donít care if he can block.
    And yeah, also, this.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    35,784
    With the spending spree combined with Cam being so cheap, I think QB looks more feasible for NE today than it did yesterday. WR position still not great, but it's respectable with what should be a monster 2 TE set. There's the semblance of talent that makes me think Mac Jones could be a good game manager type. And having better talent already no the roster makes a multi 1st round pick trade up even higher for maybe Lance, Wilson or Fields more of a possibility to me.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    8,841
    Iím on the fence with Kyle pitts, I wouldnít hate it if the eagles picked him and I wouldnít really care if they donít. That being said, I remember Dallas goedert had some things to work on with his blocking coming out of college and now heís one of the best blocking TEs in the league. Itís a skill that can be coached up, especially when you have Jeff stoutland to give you some tips

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    8,841
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If heís going for 1000/10 I donít care if he can block.
    True

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    46,073
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Forgot those arenít allowed here.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    46,073
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Iím on the fence with Kyle pitts, I wouldnít hate it if the eagles picked him and I wouldnít really care if they donít. That being said, I remember Dallas goedert had some things to work on with his blocking coming out of college and now heís one of the best blocking TEs in the league. Itís a skill that can be coached up, especially when you have Jeff stoutland to give you some tips
    And he was a 2nd rounder.

    I guess with Pitts I just keep going back to where highly effective and productive TEs are taken not being in the 1st round and especially not top 10. Pitts may be Travis Kelce but considering Travis Kelce was found in the 3rd round and a lot of other all time TEs were found in the 2nd round or later, why not gamble on finding another Travis Kelce there than take a gamble on a player that could be (even if a higher percentage that he will be) him at 6 overall?

    I do also get the idea of taking BPA over need especially in the Eagles case but letís say Pitts is BPA at 6 while someone like Smith is 2nd best BPA or Farley is (just throwing names), do you bypass the BPA for the next one or two when the next one or two is still a top BPA while also filling a more pressing need?

    I understand Pitts is/can be more than just a TE but as warf actually said, are you going to be able to just plug him in like you could a Smith or Farley or whatever?

    Ultimately, If Pitts is BPA Iíd actually rather trade down.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •