Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Cowboys it is
    There are some out there that believe the Cowboys will take a QB. If the Cowboys stay at 10 and they do plan to take a QB I would not be upset at all if they drafted Lance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    There are some out there that believe the Cowboys will take a QB. If the Cowboys stay at 10 and they do plan to take a QB I would not be upset at all if they drafted Lance.

I can't see the Cowboys drafting a QB at #10 because they would have to move up in the draft to take one or the only other to fall at 10 would be Mac Jones if anything because I can't see Lance, Fields, Wilson or Lawrence being there at 10. Now Mac on the other hand I can see him being there at 10 but would the Cowboys even want him?

Thereís some recent belief that Mac Jones will be a top 10 draft pick this year. Itís honestly a good year to enter the draft as the 5th best QB. Thereís 7 or 8 teams in the top 10 that have questions at QB. Then you have teams outside the top 10 that might look at QB or even trade up for one in the 49ers and patriots.

In most drafts the 5th QB would be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, in this one it might be a top 15 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Thereís some recent belief that Mac Jones will be a top 10 draft pick this year. Itís honestly a good year to enter the draft as the 5th best QB. Thereís 7 or 8 teams in the top 10 that have questions at QB. Then you have teams outside the top 10 that might look at QB or even trade up for one in the 49ers and patriots.

In most drafts the 5th QB would be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, in this one it might be a top 15 pick.
    Iíve also seen a few mock drafts having Fields to the Steelers at 24. Itís a cluster **** this year.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iíve also seen a few mock drafts having Fields to the Steelers at 24. Itís a cluster **** this year.

Thatíd be an absolute steal. Iím not the biggest fields fan to say the least but if that happens I think Iíll follow his career for sure.

Updated mock for NFL Draft

Thing is, there isnít a combine and no in person predraft visits this year so itís hard for the media and analysts to get a read on how teams actually feel about these prospects. There were some surprises in last years draft, Iím assuming there will be surprises this year too (well, thereís always surprises but more than usual). QB might be one of those positions that we eventually say ďoh wow I didnít see him falling that farĒ or ďwow I didnít think he would go before this guyĒ.

Thing is, there isnít a combine and no in person predraft visits this year so itís hard for the media and analysts to get a read on how teams actually feel about these prospects. There were some surprises in last years draft, Iím assuming there will be surprises this year too (well, thereís always surprises but more than usual). QB might be one of those positions that we eventually say ďoh wow I didnít see him falling that farĒ or ďwow I didnít think he would go before this guyĒ.
    Plus guys who sat out the year too

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

For media and fans...maybe. With NFL FOís? Not likely. I remember a Colbert interview a few years ago where he said they typically know the first round ahead of time and maybe a trade happens they didnít expect or a player falls they didnít expect but for the most part itís predictable. He said round 3-7 is where you get the real curveballs because teams have different views of project/future/need/wants.

If fields slipped that far youíd just know heíll be good. ďThat guyĒ who slips far when heís not supposed to seems to always work out lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I can't see the Cowboys drafting a QB at #10 because they would have to move up in the draft to take one or the only other to fall at 10 would be Mac Jones if anything because I can't see Lance, Fields, Wilson or Lawrence being there at 10. Now Mac on the other hand I can see him being there at 10 but would the Cowboys even want him?
    I also donít think any of the top 4 QBís will fall to 10. I was just making the point that if Lance did fall to 10 I would be perfectly ok taking him there. He wonít be there there though.

I would be ok taking Mac Jones but only if the Cowboys are able to trade down a couple of picks (between 12-14). I think if Mac makes it to 15 the Patriots will take him. As for the fit, I think Mac Jones would be a great fit in Dallas. He has the size (6í2Ē-6í3Ē and 220 lbs), has the arm, the accuracy, the leadership skills, and even the moxie to be a successful NFL QB. Also plays big in big games. Plus is freaking last name is Jones! Overall a great football name too. The Cowboys typically prefer taking guys that went to big programs and itís doesnít get any bigger than Bama.

Now heís not the athlete that the other top QBís are. Heís not going to take off for 80 yards in a read option. He doesnít need to though. Just give him protection and he will beat you with his arm. And even though heís not a track athlete his pocket awareness is really good and has improved every year heís been at Bama. If the Cowboys are going to move on from Dak and go the younger route Mac Jones would be a great fit in Dallas.

I think because of that we are definitely going to see some guys go in the middle rounds that should have been 1st or 2nd rounders. I expect a lot of guys to fall through the cracks in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    For media and fans...maybe. With NFL FOís? Not likely. I remember a Colbert interview a few years ago where he said they typically know the first round ahead of time and maybe a trade happens they didnít expect or a player falls they didnít expect but for the most part itís predictable. He said round 3-7 is where you get the real curveballs because teams have different views of project/future/need/wants.

Yep, pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I think because of that we are definitely going to see some guys go in the middle rounds that should have been 1st or 2nd rounders. I expect a lot of guys to fall through the cracks in this draft.

Mock drafts are gonna look odd this year I think.

Mock drafts are gonna look odd this year I think.
    Yea they are. The unfortunate thing is that I think this draft also has huge bust potential because of no combine.

The Draft starts with the NY Jets at #2.

Will they draft a QB?
    Will they trade for Deshaun Watson?
    Will they trade the #2 pick?

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast