Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Youíre confusing draft board vs draft predictions. QBs get drafted much higher because of need. The 4th rated QB is not a higher prospect then the number one corner. The fact that the QB will be drafted higher is not a contradiction.
    Point still stands. The players in the 10-15 range are not considered better prospects than lance

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Point still stands. The players in the 10-15 range are not considered better prospects than lance
    If the Texans continue to play around with Watson and Lance falls to the Panthers at 8, I will be happy if we take him.

I don't care what his prospect rank is.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    No I know. But the word prospect implies potential since none of them are sure things. And if weíre talking prospects I do think a combine and interview process could make him top 10 on peoples boards not just a top 10 draft pick but a top 10 player. Whoís going ahead of him player wise?

In no particular order

Lawrence
    Chase
    Pitts
    Smith
    Wilson
    Fields
    Sewell

And then who? Thereís 3 slots left. Parsons? I mean I donít see whoís a clear cut top 10 player in the draft over lance with 3 slots left
    I would definitely put Lance in that group and add Parsons and Slater. That would be my top 10.

In no order:
    Lawrence
    Wilson
    Fields
    Lance
    Sewell
    Slater
    Chase
    Smith
    Parsons
    Pitts

After that thereís a slight drop off in talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I watched all of Carson wentz college games and all of trey lance college games. Comparatively, I actually think trey lance is the better prospect (going into their draft). That being said, wentz had more tape so he was probably considered a ďsafer pickĒ even though he played at the same school lance did (weak competition). If wentz was deserving of a top 10 pick I donít see why lance isnít also deserving.
    Any team (that needs a QB) that passes on Lance simply because he went to small school will regret it. I think Lance is going to be a really good NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Any team (that needs a QB) that passes on Lance simply because he went to small school will regret it. I think Lance is going to be a really good NFL QB.

Like I said, I love his potential and would absolutely pull the trigger if he's there at #8, but his small school is absolutely a red flag. Especially when you look at his games he played in their weak *** playoffs/bowl games. Like he played JMU in his bowl game. That's the kind of team good conferences play in September to beat the **** out of them.

To put it a different way; would you have drafted Cam Newton in 2010 after he dominated the JuCo league? Of course not, he wasn't even on anyone's top 50 until a few weeks into the 2010 season. Dominating the SEC is what bumps you up the list, not beating University of Phoenix Online.

Updated mock board that I just saw via ESPN

1- Trevor Lawrence (QB)- Jaguars
    2- Zach Wilson (QB)- Falcons via trade with Jets
    3- DeVonta Smith (WR)- Dolphins
    4- Kyle Pitts (TE)- Jets via trade with Falcons
    5- Penei Sewell (OT)- Bengals
    6- JaMarr Chase (WR)- Eagles
    7- Justin Fields (QB)- 49ers via trade with Lions
    8- Mac Jones (QB)- Panthers
    9- Trey Lance (QB)- Patriots via trade with Broncos

10- Patrick Surtain II (CB)- Cowboys
    11- Jaylen Waddle (WR)- Giants
    12- Micah Parsons (LB)- Lions via trade with 49ers

13- Rashawn Slater (OL)- Chargers
    14- Alijah Vera-Tucker (OT)- Vikings
    15- Caleb Farley (CB)- Broncos via trade with Patriots

16- Jaycee Horn (CB)- Cardinals
    17- Trevon Moehrig (S)- Raiders
    18- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (LB)- Dolphins
    19- Christian Darrisaw (OT)- Washington
    20- Kadarius Toney (WR)- Bears
    21- Greg Rousseau (DE)- Colts
    22- Jaelan Philips (DE)- Titans
    23- Kwity Paye (DE)- Jets via trade with Seattle
    24- Landon Dickerson (C)- Steelers
    25- Christian Barmore (DT)- Jaguars
    26- Zaven Collins (DE)- Browns
    27- Terrace Marshall Jr (WR)- Ravens
    28- Jayson Oweh (DE)- Saints
    29- Joe Tryon (DE)- Packers
    30- Teven Jenkins (OT)- Bills
    31- Walker Little (OT)- Chiefs
    32- Azeez Ojulari (DE)- Buccaneers

Updated mock for NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post

Mac Jones before trey lance. Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    To put it a different way; would you have drafted Cam Newton in 2010 after he dominated the JuCo league? Of course not, he wasn't even on anyone's top 50 until a few weeks into the 2010 season. Dominating the SEC is what bumps you up the list, not beating University of Phoenix Online.
    Bit of a difference between NDSU and Blinn College, I would say.

Updated mock for NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Like I said, I love his potential and would absolutely pull the trigger if he's there at #8, but his small school is absolutely a red flag. Especially when you look at his games he played in their weak *** playoffs/bowl games. Like he played JMU in his bowl game. That's the kind of team good conferences play in September to beat the **** out of them.

University of Phoenix online..lmao.. itís a legitimate concern but while watching his games I noticed he doesnít get rattled with pressure. Heís good at feeling when the pocket breaks down. He can make throws while being hit. When he leaves the pocket he is pretty accurate throwing the ball on the run but can also pick up yards with his legs. Also, doesnít force balls into coverage (hence the no career interceptions). Heís good at taking care of the ball (42 career touchdowns, zero turnovers).

Obviously itís not a perfect science, but I just think a lot of these things are decent indicators that he might be able to handle higher competition.

Glad to see you are quoting your sources now [emoji57]

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Mac Jones before trey lance. Interesting
    I know right but at the same time Mac Jones to the Panthers just makes so much sense. Why? Matt Rhule actually has been scouting Jones for quite some time or people close to him have but also Mac Jones is a pretty big guy for a QB. He can fit their scheme but also the way he just has that deep ball it reminds you sort of like Cam Newton in that regard as far as that is concerned anyway. Plus Lance to New England especially at this point just makes so much sense especially if the Patriots move up in the draft to take Lance as their QB of the future. If anyone can turn a pet project of a QB into something it is Bill Belichick and with a young, raw talent like Lance under the coaching of BB, I think Lance could be a star in New England.

I know right but at the same time Mac Jones to the Panthers just makes so much sense. Why? Matt Rhule actually has been scouting Jones for quite some time or people close to him have but also Mac Jones is a pretty big guy for a QB. He can fit their scheme but also the way he just has that deep ball it reminds you sort of like Cam Newton in that regard as far as that is concerned anyway. Plus Lance to New England especially at this point just makes so much sense especially if the Patriots move up in the draft to take Lance as their QB of the future. If anyone can turn a pet project of a QB into something it is Bill Belichick and with a young, raw talent like Lance under the coaching of BB, I think Lance could be a star in New England.
    Kiper sucks. Panther fans do not want Mac jones. There are already reports that we are not high on any of the senior bowl quarterbacks. Mac Jones is Teddy 2.0. Give us Lance the guy with actual upside over Jones. Jones is a 3rd round QB.

But then again if I'm the Dallas Cowboys, I'm looking to draft a QB...why? Because if Dak Prescott walks in free agency then what? You guys are basically screwed especially if Dak doesn't want to play for you guys under the franchise tag again. If the Cowboys decide not to tag him again and Dak goes unrestricted in free agency and another team manages to sign Dak, that leaves the Cowboys without a QB. Yeah the Cowboys could sign a QB through free agency or trade for one in a blockbuster trade. That is always an option or they could draft a QB at #10 or move up in the draft to get one.

I was just talking about this tonight with a couple friends. The Cowboys have until March 9th to use the tag. I think if they actually tag him this will be his last year in Dallas. Thatís IF they can even tag him. He will count $37M against this years cap. As of today they donít have the cap space to tag him. They will have to make some cuts and rework some contracts to move some money around in order to tag Dak. Plus they will have to do the same for the draft picks and anyone they want to sign in free agency. All that just to tag Dak knowing heís going to walk at the end of the year.

Or they could tag Dak and then trade him before the draft. Coming off his injury I donít think the Cowboys could get two 1sts. Not to mention whoever trades for him has to pay him. Chicago, San Fran, and Denver are the best options for Dak. I do think they can get more than what Philly got for Wentz but probably not much more. Then resign Dalton.

I donít think any of the top 4 QBís will make it to 10. I donít want the Cowboys to trade up though. I really think I would prefer for the Cowboys to trade down and draft Mac Jones. Heís not the athlete the others QBís are but his game does fit the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Bit of a difference between NDSU and Blinn College, I would say.
    Yeah, but they're a lot closer to Blinn than they are Alabama.

From what I remember reading, Rhule wasn't high on any of the senior bowl QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post

Cowboys it is

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast