Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Probably the NFL is just higher on Jones than the mock drafters.
    For sure.

Trey Lance second Pro Day is April 19.

Eagles need 5 QBs taking in top 10

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    5 QBís and Pitts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    5 QBís and Pitts.

Why? You don't think they'd love to take Pitts if he was there for them? Or do you think not being tempted to is part of why they traded down...

Chances are good 5 QBs, Pitts, and 1-2 WR/CB/OT are gone ahead of them at 12...so they'd have the choice of the #2-#3 WR/CB/OT and any DE/LB they want at 12.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I really wonder who the Eagles are targeting. It's probably OL or DL but I can see Waddle be available at 12 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    You donít been to be a freak running threat to be successful in todayís NFL. You just have to be able to make all the throws from the pocket, be smart, and be a leader which Jones checks all those boxes. Brady is not a superior athlete but heís extremely smart, a leader, and gets the ball out quick.

No, you don't, but it certainly helps. Not necessarily being a dual threat QB, but at least having mobility and being able to extend plays. Which he hasn't shown.

That's the mold of the top, modern-day NFL QB, and he doesn't fit it. So calling him the most league-ready seems pretty silly. So does bringing up arguably the greatest quarterback of all time, who also happens to have been drafted two decades ago, as well as being an obvious outlier in today's league.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    No, you don't, but it certainly helps. Not necessarily being a dual threat QB, but at least having mobility and being able to extend plays. Which he hasn't shown.

That's the mold of the top, modern-day NFL QB, and he doesn't fit it. So calling him the most league-ready seems pretty silly. So does bringing up arguably the greatest quarterback of all time, who also happens to have been drafted two decades ago, as well as being an obvious outlier in today's league.
    Would you say Matt Ryan fits that mold? He won MVP with Shanahan's offense. If the 49ers draft Mac Jones, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing.

Would you say Matt Ryan fits that mold? He won MVP with Shanahan's offense. If the 49ers draft Mac Jones, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing.
    It's not like they have a good track record of making smart QB investment decisions and there are rumors that Lynch and Shanahan aren't on the same page regarding the pick, which would be an odd situation to be in, consdering what they gave up to move. But other than that, sure, who am I to argue against whatever might decide.

Also no, I don't think Ryan necessarily fits that mold, though I do believe him to be a little more mobile than Jones. But he's not a current prospect coming into the league, he's a veteran. I'd argue there is a difference there.

It's not like they have a good track record of making smart QB investment decisions and there are rumors that Lynch and Shanahan aren't on the same page regarding the pick, which would be an odd situation to be in, consdering what they gave up to move. But other than that, sure, who am I to argue against whatever might decide.

Also no, I don't think Ryan necessarily fits that mold, though I do believe him to be a little more mobile than Jones. But he's not a current prospect coming into the league, he's a veteran. I'd argue there is a difference there.
    What track record of QB investment decision? They made the Super Bowl with Garoppolo in 2019. Last year half their team was on IR.

What track record of QB investment decision? They made the Super Bowl with Garoppolo in 2019. Last year half their team was on IR.
    So is he a high quality starting QB? Leave alone Shanahan's ability to coach and scheme around a QB for a second, is the decision to trade a 2nd round pick and pay him, I believe at the time, a record-breaking contract a smart one?

They also brought in Hoyer, drafted Beathard, while passing on the likes of Mahomes, Watson, or Jackson in the process.

Yes, they made a SB trip that was largely due to having a dominant defense more than QB play, but that team could have already won one by now and be set very well long term if they would've been smarter at picking their QB(s).

I really wonder who the Eagles are targeting. It's probably OL or DL but I can see Waddle be available at 12 as well.
    Moving down from 6 to 12 ahead of the draft makes me think they arenít necessarily ďtargetingĒ anyone in particular. Obviously they have their rankings but if one guy really stood out above the rest not sure they move back.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Why? You don't think they'd love to take Pitts if he was there for them? Or do you think not being tempted to is part of why they traded down...

Chances are good 5 QBs, Pitts, and 1-2 WR/CB/OT are gone ahead of them at 12...so they'd have the choice of the #2-#3 WR/CB/OT and any DE/LB they want at 12.
    Pitts being drafted in the top 10 would be saving the Eagles from themselves. Same for the Cowboys.

You can have average athleticism and still have elite pocket presence. Look at Tony Romo. He was a master in the pocket and his ability to escape the rush was amazing and I would exactly call him a superior athlete. Hell his 40 time was probably in the high 6ís. Mac Jones is not a statue. He has enough pocket presence (which I would expect would improve) to be successful in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Moving down from 6 to 12 ahead of the draft makes me think they arenít necessarily ďtargetingĒ anyone in particular. Obviously they have their rankings but if one guy really stood out above the rest not sure they move back.
    Thatís more than likely true. They have needs all over so it would smart for them to just take the best player available regardless of position.

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast