Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 638
  1. #466
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Moving down from 6 to 12 ahead of the draft makes me think they aren’t necessarily “targeting” anyone in particular. Obviously they have their rankings but if one guy really stood out above the rest not sure they move back.
    Thing is the eagles also have plenty of ammunition if they want to trade back up to #8 or #9 if someone they like starts to fall. I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens actually, especially considering division rivals currently selecting ahead of them at #10 and #11

  2. #467
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That’s more than likely true. They have needs all over so it would smart for them to just take the best player available regardless of position.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At 12 in no particular order I can see them select OL, DL, WR, CB, LB. Really, they have needs all over so any of these positions can be the pick depending on who they have rated the highest.

    My guess, CB at 12 and WR or linebacker at 37

  3. #468
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    So is he a high quality starting QB? Leave alone Shanahan's ability to coach and scheme around a QB for a second, is the decision to trade a 2nd round pick and pay him, I believe at the time, a record-breaking contract a smart one?

    They also brought in Hoyer, drafted Beathard, while passing on the likes of Mahomes, Watson, or Jackson in the process.

    Yes, they made a SB trip that was largely due to having a dominant defense more than QB play, but that team could have already won one by now and be set very well long term if they would've been smarter at picking their QB(s).
    I just can't blame an organization for bad QB decisions when they went to the SB with their current QB. The trade for Garoppolo was widely seen as Belichick practically giving him away at the time. Now, he turns out to not have been that good. The contract I think is fine as they could easily move on from him this year.

    If the 49ers had drafted Mahomes 3rd overall or Jackson 9th overall, these would have been derided as piss poor QB decisions just like the idea of taking Mac Jones 3rd overall is now being derided. I'm not gonna comment on Watson because of the mess he is in.

    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Moving down from 6 to 12 ahead of the draft makes me think they aren’t necessarily “targeting” anyone in particular. Obviously they have their rankings but if one guy really stood out above the rest not sure they move back.
    Poor phrasing on my part. What I meant is I wonder who they are going to pick.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 04-10-2021 at 06:08 PM.

  4. #469
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,284
    Potential Cowboys 2nd round pick.

    https://twitter.com/1053thefan/statu...822495744?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #470
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I really wonder who the Eagles are targeting. It's probably OL or DL but I can see Waddle be available at 12 as well.
    I would be so disappointed IF the Eagles go OLine or DLine at 12.

  6. #471
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,643
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I just can't blame an organization for bad QB decisions when they went to the SB with their current QB. The trade for Garoppolo was widely seen as Belichick practically giving him away at the time. Now, he turns out to not have been that good. The contract I think is fine as they could easily move on from him this year.

    If the 49ers had drafted Mahomes 3rd overall or Jackson 9th overall, these would have been derided as piss poor QB decisions just like the idea of taking Mac Jones 3rd overall is now being derided. I'm not gonna comment on Watson because of the mess he is in.


    Poor phrasing on my part. What I meant is I wonder who they are going to pick.
    Who cares if people would have laughed at them if 2 or 3 years after the fact they would've had not only a legit franchise QB but arguably a ring next to it as well, and wouldn't have to spend 3 1st round picks and a 3rd round on, allegedly, Mac Jones.

    And FWIW, I am not necessarily laughing at them, but you can't ignore that they've made very suspect decisions regarding their QB position that have led to this.

    Also, I'm not laughing at Jones either, and I don't think most people are, the consensus seems to be of acceptance. I don't really think you can ignore that Fields is there and has easily the much better ceiling of the two, but whatever. I agree with the idea that if they think Jones to be their guy that's a no-brainer for them, I just believe that they've made decisions that should have people taking whatever they decide to do with a grain of salt, and I think calling Jones the most NFL-ready QB in this class is a big stretch. That's about it.

  7. #472
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Who cares if people would have laughed at them if 2 or 3 years after the fact they would've had not only a legit franchise QB but arguably a ring next to it as well, and wouldn't have to spend 3 1st round picks and a 3rd round on, allegedly, Mac Jones.

    And FWIW, I am not necessarily laughing at them, but you can't ignore that they've made very suspect decisions regarding their QB position that have led to this.

    Also, I'm not laughing at Jones either, and I don't think most people are, the consensus seems to be of acceptance. I don't really think you can ignore that Fields is there and has easily the much better ceiling of the two, but whatever. I agree with the idea that if they think Jones to be their guy that's a no-brainer for them, I just believe that they've made decisions that should have people taking whatever they decide to do with a grain of salt, and I think calling Jones the most NFL-ready QB in this class is a big stretch. That's about it.
    My point is that the same people who will be making fun of the 49ers for taking Mac Jones 3rd overall would have made fun of them taking Mahomes 3rd overall in 2017.

  8. #473
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Potential Cowboys 2nd round pick.

    https://twitter.com/1053thefan/statu...822495744?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I were the Cowboys I'd be targeting Alim McNeil in the second.

  9. #474
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,284
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    If I were the Cowboys I'd be targeting Alim McNeil in the second.
    It looks like both are actually being projected as 3rd round picks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #475
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,643
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    My point is that the same people who will be making fun of the 49ers for taking Mac Jones 3rd overall would have made fun of them taking Mahomes 3rd overall in 2017.
    Absolutely, I would argue more people would've, but who cares who would have laughed then if nobody would laugh anymore, by now, and the same people would be eating their words?

  11. #476
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Absolutely, I would argue more people would've, but who cares who would have laughed then if nobody would laugh anymore, by now, and the same people would be eating their words?
    So the only difference between the two decisions is that we have the benefit of hindsight on one of them?

  12. #477
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,643
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    So the only difference between the two decisions is that we have the benefit of hindsight on one of them?
    Well, draft picks are not supposed to be judged the day before, but a couple of years at least down the road, so yeah.

    If you want to argue which one would more popular, then be my guest, but I don't really see what's the point in that, because the goal is to find a legit franchise QB and the point is that they failed to do so several times. So I'm not really sure why we're arguing over how the fans feel/would feel about a certain pick, because that's really not what matters.

  13. #478
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Well, draft picks are not supposed to be judged the day before, but a couple of years at least down the road, so yeah.

    If you want to argue which one would more popular, then be my guest, but I don't really see what's the point in that, because the goal is to find a legit franchise QB and the point is that they failed to do so several times. So I'm not really sure why we're arguing over how the fans feel/would feel about a certain pick, because that's really not what matters.
    You say the 49ers have a bad track record in choosing QBs because they passed on Mahomes and Watson, but pre-draft people thought Mahomes was maybe worth a mid-late 1st rounder just like Mac Jones. So the argument is that I think there is a flaw in your logic.

  14. #479
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,643
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    You say the 49ers have a bad track record in choosing QBs because they passed on Mahomes and Watson, but pre-draft people thought Mahomes was maybe worth a mid-late 1st rounder just like Mac Jones. So the argument is that I think there is a flaw in your logic.
    Again, who cares what the pre-draft people thought or would've thought about it? The only issue in question is that apparently San Francisco's FO/Shanahan shared their view, and they were proven wrong. And they are in this position because of that decision. I really don't know why do you care so much that people would've hated or laughed at the pick, because that's not really the bar for judging the efficiency and quality of a draft pick.

  15. #480
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,171
    There’s a growing rumor in Pittsburgh that the Steelers may try to move up for Justin Fields.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •