Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Broncos Calling Atlanta to Trade Up

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...-fields-rumors

I don't know if I do this if I'm Atlanta. They basically have the #1 pick in the draft for non-QBs, and it's a big drop from 4 to 9.

Denver should trade up to #5 with the Bengals first, probably.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I've never seen a more unknown offseason. Usually this time of year the talking heads are starting to get enough inside info on who teams are getting, but I just read something yesterday that someone reported teams are expecting Lance and Fields to fall into the teens. If DEN is trading up to #4 its pretty clear no QB will fall out of the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post

I don't know if I do this if I'm Atlanta. They basically have the #1 pick in the draft for non-QBs, and it's a big drop from 4 to 9.

If I'm ATL I do it all day long. 5 QBs will go before #9, so they're guaranteed a top 4 non-QB. They have needs all over their roster so they can surely get a blue chip prospect and rack up extra picks.

If I'm ATL I do it all day long. 5 QBs will go before #9, so they're guaranteed a top 4 non-QB. They have needs all over their roster so they can surely get a blue chip prospect and rack up extra picks.
    And if they do like Pitts, they just go to stay ahead of Dallas, or Dallas moves up from 10 and another good player drops.

Heck if I were ATL I might want to move down and be in position to take the best defensive player in the draft, and 9 is a good spot for that.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    And if they do like Pitts, they just go to stay ahead of Dallas, or Dallas moves up from 10 and another good player drops.

Heck if I were ATL I might want to move down and be in position to take the best defensive player in the draft, and 9 is a good spot for that.
    That last part is what I was thinking too. Atlanta's offense is far from perfect, but they aren't awful. As awesome as Pitts would be on that offense, it doesnt help the defense that got shredded early lasy year. I know the defense improved and they've spent some draft capital at CB recently, but adding whichever corner they like best to that roster could be huge, especially when you factor in the additional picks.

I know there's a few different trade value charts out there, but the one I'm looking at has the move from 4 to 9 as a slightly bigger move than 6 to 12, but it's somewhat close, so the framework for the Eagles/Dolphins move is comparable. Considering Denver would be making the move for a qb, there can sometimes be a premium on those trades too.

So they absolutely could get a haul. And if you're saying pitts or Surtain + 4thish rounder + 2022 first from a team that will be starting a rookie QB and plays in a division with an almost shoe in divisional champ in KC, you could be looking at a massive haul.

I will add, I do think it's very unlikely Pitts falls to 9. The league seems to love him. There might be a path, but I think it's super slim. If you're trading from 4 to 9, do so assuming you won't get Pitts and take the ahooy surprise if he falls.

But let's assume they trade out and qbs go 1-4. From the rumblings around some of the Bengals folks, I think there's a very strong chance they take Chase. Sewell is in play I suppose and they could be a move back candidate if Atlanta stays put and Denver looks to move up to 5 instead. Miami is likely looking for a weapon. That could be Pitts, but I wouldnt be shocked if it'd Waddle either. I think they prefer a WR, but who knows.

Detriot is in an odd spot. I think they could be a trade down candidate if someone is looking for a qb or Pitts. They could take a qb too, and maybe someone like Lance or Fields could make sense. I think they may take Waddle if he's there. Could be Pitts though too.

Carolina could surprise at take a qb, but if Pitts is there, I think they are the basement for Pitts. He's a really good compliment to that offense, and if you're going to try to get something out of darnold, surround him with weapons.

I think the most realistic scenario where a trade is made and ATL still gets Pitts would be qbs 1-4. Cincy surprises a bit and takes Sewell. Miami goes Chase, detriot goes Waddle and someone comes from the back (Washington or Chicago maybe) to grab a qb at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Yeah I guess if the fantasy football 5 QBs + 1 TE + 3 WRs came true, the #9 pick would be fine for Atlanta. These drafts rarely go that close to prediction. This year seems like the year it might, though.

I think it was 2013 where people predicted so many QBs being drafted and then no one did until the Bills at #16 and then the Jets at #39.

Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

The first 4 picks are really gonna be QBs, arenít they? Lol.. 4QBs in the top 4 and maybe 5 QBs in the top 8. Has that ever happened?

Some good players are gonna fall down the draft board for non QB needy teams..

Bengals are not going to trade down. They will likely take Ja'Marr Chase or Penei Sewell at 5.

I hope Denver do trade up to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Bengals are not going to trade down. They will likely take Ja'Marr Chase or Penei Sewell at 5.
    If the Bengals won't trade down, why would Atlanta trade down? They have similar needs.

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

If the Bengals won't trade down, why would Atlanta trade down? They have similar needs.
    The speculation that the Bengals are locked in comes from the fact that Sewell is the top LT and fits their biggest need of the last 3 years and Chase played with their franchise QB in college.

ATL obviously has a lot of needs, but they're also not in year 2 of their franchise QB after he already got destroyed as a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Agreed

The speculation that the Bengals are locked in comes from the fact that Sewell is the top LT and fits their biggest need of the last 3 years and Chase played with their franchise QB in college.

ATL obviously has a lot of needs, but they're also not in year 2 of their franchise QB after he already got destroyed as a rookie.
    This

If I'm Atlanta, I do business as far as trading down and moving down but only if teams make it worth my while if I'm ATL. Also if I'm the Falcons, I look to make trades with either the Broncos, Bears, Washington Football Team, Steelers or Patriots became those are the teams that need a QB. However, Atlanta they need a QB also. Matt Ryan is how old? Not gettin any younger and in ATL you could easily groom his successor by having him sit behind Ryan for like a year and then give the new kid on the block, the keys

I think the Falcons do want to trade down. The decision for them will be more difficult IF hometown kid Justin Fields is there at 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast