Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hypothetical trade: Do you do this if you're Portland?

If you're Portland, would you trade Damian Lillard (assuming he waives his no trade clause) for Anthony Davis?

At this point, is Anthony Davis even playing better than Lillard?

if your talking just talent level its pretty interesting, but it falls completely apart when you factor in age. Dame is 5 months from being 31 with 4 more monster years on his contract. Davis is about to be 28 and has 3 more years left on his deal. This achilles injury is scary, but assuming thats fairly minor you have to make that trade from simply a basketball standpoint. Now I doubt that trade would ever happen though cause of Dames Loyalty to Portland.

No. Dame IS Portland.

It would create a hole for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    It would create a hole for both teams.
    Portland would be more balanced after that trade. McCollum could take on the point guard duties and become the team's top scorer. Trent Jr. is the starting shooting guard of the future anyways. You're not any weaker at small forward than you were before. Then you have Davis and Nurkic in the front court.
    Not that I think this trade would ever happen. Even if Lillard was willing, Portland would have to include more assets like Collins, Giles, Simons and/or Trent Jr.

This.

Dame IS Portland.

Portland should, given the overlap in that diminutive backcourt. LAL shouldn't as hes the matchup nightmare that makes them unique among contenders. Bron aint winning with the Kyrie Model 2.0 when KD has Kyrie + Harden .

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Portland would be more balanced after that trade. McCollum could take on the point guard duties and become the team's top scorer. Trent Jr. is the starting shooting guard of the future anyways. You're not any weaker at small forward than you were before. Then you have Davis and Nurkic in the front court.

Not that I think this trade would ever happen. Even if Lillard was willing, Portland would have to include more assets like Collins, Giles, Simons and/or Trent Jr.
    I think the roster construction may make more sense for Portland, but at this point I have to wonder if Anthony Davis is even better than Lillard in terms of leading a team. I'm not sure he is.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think the roster construction may make more sense for Portland, but at this point I have to wonder if Anthony Davis is even better than Lillard in terms of leading a team. I'm not sure he is.
    Davis just isn't a closer. Like Giannis, he is a force of nature that keeps you at a certain benchmark but probably won't hit the game-sealing shots at the end of a close game. But the Blazers have closers who can hit big shots when needed. They don't have a force of nature like Davis.