Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    You can't die of depression or CTE.
    There's always one. Sigh.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,934
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It's like 50+% of what Bullseyed does.

    He was complaining about a disrespectful obituary last week; now he's insinuating a recently deceased player was a drug addict.
    Not to mention years of calling for people to not to say anything about arrested players because they might be innocent.

    Honestly I scroll past 99% of their posts anymore. Half of them are posts just trying to correct someone on something inconsequential anyways to try to seem smarter to a bunch of people on the internet they'll never meet in real life.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,495
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It's like 50+% of what Bullseyed does.

    He was complaining about a disrespectful obituary last week; now he's insinuating a recently deceased player was a drug addict.
    So you're denying that there are problems with overuse of painkillers in America and specifically in pro-sports, despite thousands of athletes saying otherwise?
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,495
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    There's always one. Sigh.
    We're up to at least 3 science-deniers in the thread so far it looks like, Norm, QBEagles and you.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    So you're denying that there are problems with overuse of painkillers in America and specifically in pro-sports, despite thousands of athletes saying otherwise?
    Another troll post.

    I would reference studies on something like that, not engage in pointless speculation days after one NFL player died from as of yet unknown circumstances.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,934
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Another troll post.

    I would reference studies on something like that, not engage in pointless speculation days after one NFL player died from as of yet unknown circumstances.
    Early autopsy (still awaiting toxicology) that though he was a chronic alcoholic, there are signs the CTE could be a factor in his death.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,495
    [NFL Update] Vincent Jackson’s autopsy shows he ‘suffered from chronic alcoholism,’ sheriff says.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,495
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    there are signs the CTE could be a factor in his death.
    Interesting given the only way to diagnose CTE would be a brain scan that hasn't occurred...

    The fake report about CTE came from "a family member telling the sheriff that they thought Vincent had CTE" because "he had a few concussions".

    https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2098971

    Of course, concussions don't cause CTE. The CTE Foundation States:

    the best available evidence points towards sub-concussive impacts, or hits to the head that don’t cause full-blown concussions

    https://concussionfoundation.org/CTE...es/what-is-CTE



    Which doesn't mean that he didn't have CTE, just that there isn't any evidence or diagnosis at this time. It's possible he had CTE, it made him sad, he decided to drink heavily daily and killed himself over it (intentionally or accidentally).

    But the point is still that neither depression or CTE is a cause of death. CTE didn't "make" him do whatever it is that he did, nor did depression. It is a convenient scapegoat for his friends and family to blame to cope with the fact that they didn't do enough to support him when he needed them most.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,934

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,495
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...as-discovered/

    The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner Department said staff members at the hotel entered Jackson’s room on Feb. 13 and Feb. 14. But they assumed he was sleeping after finding him sitting slouched over on the couch and left.

    Hotel staff members became concerned Feb. 15 “when they found [him] in the same position.”
    Peak "not my job" by the staff, I guess.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,115
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Early autopsy (still awaiting toxicology) that though he was a chronic alcoholic, there are signs the CTE could be a factor in his death.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s pretty much what I though. Well not the alcohol but the CTE. I did hear the family donated his brain to CTE research.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Interesting given the only way to diagnose CTE would be a brain scan that hasn't occurred...

    The fake report about CTE came from "a family member telling the sheriff that they thought Vincent had CTE" because "he had a few concussions".

    https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2098971

    Of course, concussions don't cause CTE. The CTE Foundation States:

    the best available evidence points towards sub-concussive impacts, or hits to the head that don’t cause full-blown concussions

    https://concussionfoundation.org/CTE...es/what-is-CTE



    Which doesn't mean that he didn't have CTE, just that there isn't any evidence or diagnosis at this time. It's possible he had CTE, it made him sad, he decided to drink heavily daily and killed himself over it (intentionally or accidentally).

    But the point is still that neither depression or CTE is a cause of death. CTE didn't "make" him do whatever it is that he did, nor did depression. It is a convenient scapegoat for his friends and family to blame to cope with the fact that they didn't do enough to support him when he needed them most.
    That’s like big tobacco saying tobacco use doesn’t cause cancer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...as-discovered/



    Peak "not my job" by the staff, I guess.
    Slumped over on the sofa, it would be crazy if it was something like sleep apnea.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    987
    Its a sad day to hear this news. RIP

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That’s like big tobacco saying tobacco use doesn’t cause cancer.
    Tobacco does cause cancer. Concussions do not cause CTE.

    These are scientific facts. You can keep being a flat-earther if you want.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •