Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    He'll probably go LAL or Nets given both lack C depth.
    He definitely needs teams with play makers to set him up and take pressure off of him. Nets would be the better fit, but makes them even worse defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    He definitely needs teams with play makers to set him up and take pressure off of him. Nets would be the better fit, but makes them even worse defensively.
    Then he can play with LBJ on LAL.

His future? I thought he had a job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

If Weaver can unload him without attaching a first rd pick then he is GM of the year.

This will be a buyout. Question is if Griffin puts his money where his mouth is and see how much $ he will leave on the table to get moved. Griffin is a shell of his former self but will get folks lining up to grab him based on his name.

This is why it is silly for owners to issue "win now" edicts like he did with Van Gundy. Then they make stupid *** trades with squeaking into the playoffs as their only objective. Pistons should have gone into rebuild 3 years ago instead of fooling themselves into thinking they were anything beyond mediocre. Weaver came in balls out and so far you can see some signs of life. Griffin is the big albatross. Taking minutes from the kids while performing for ****. As a long suffering Piston fan I support any method needed other than attaching a 1st rd pick to a trade to unload him. Trade....buyout....don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    If Weaver can unload him without attaching a first rd pick then he is GM of the year.

This will be a buyout. Question is if Griffin puts his money where his mouth is and see how much $ he will leave on the table to get moved. Griffin is a shell of his former self but will get folks lining up to grab him based on his name.

This is why it is silly for owners to issue "win now" edicts like he did with Van Gundy. Then they make stupid *** trades with squeaking into the playoffs as their only objective. Pistons should have gone into rebuild 3 years ago instead of fooling themselves into thinking they were anything beyond mediocre. Weaver came in balls out and so far you can see some signs of life. Griffin is the big albatross. Taking minutes from the kids while performing for ****. As a long suffering Piston fan I support any method needed other than attaching a 1st rd pick to a trade to unload him. Trade....buyout....don't care.
    He's really good at drafting, okay at trading but I think some of his signings were a bit questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post

Well said. Itís very perplexing trying to find out what the Pistons have been doing.

I think they should have kept Wood. He and Grant could have been a nice pairing together. I dunno why they would let Wood walk, itís not like he signed a max or anything. But I think that would have been a good situation with Grant and Wood, and then you retool the team around those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    He's really good at drafting, okay at trading but I think some of his signings were a bit questionable.
    Like that massive massive overpay for Plumlee.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Like that massive massive overpay for Plumlee.
    I didn't dig the signing but Plumlee has been a very effective player. In fact, he has turned himself into a very tradeable asset should the Pistons do that. As much **** as Weaver got for some of his signings, you can't say they have turned out bad. Grant has turned into an excellent 2 way player. Plumlee has done better than expected. Josh Jackson has discovered himself. Okafor has been hot turd but at least he was cheap. Ellington can probably be spun for a 2nd rd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Well said. Itís very perplexing trying to find out what the Pistons have been doing.

I think they should have kept Wood. He and Grant could have been a nice pairing together. I dunno why they would let Wood walk, itís not like he signed a max or anything. But I think that would have been a good situation with Grant and Wood, and then you retool the team around those guys.
    If you believe some of the local chatter, it sounded like Wood wanted out more than the Pistons wanted him gone.

I would take Griffin on my Celtics and have him come off the bench in Boston...or another fit for Blake would be either the Toronto Raptors or the Golden State Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I would take Griffin on my Celtics and have him come off the bench in Boston...or another fit for Blake would be either the Toronto Raptors or the Golden State Warriors
    Raps need a 5. We have Siakam/Boucher at the 4

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Blake is broken. Something is wrong with him for real.

Has anyone watched him? He hasnít had 1 dunk all season. You know the thing he was known for? What made Blake special was his athletic ability. He seems to have lost all of it since his last injury. I mean ALL of it. And he hasnít been able to adjust his games. He has become a better shooter and passer but it just hasnít translated to him being an impactful player. He struggles for long, long stretches, and if youíve watch him this year itís hard to imagine him getting another contract.

Litterally his only hope is a vets min for a role as a depth piece. Thatís how fast and far heís fallen off.
    This

Athletically he went from Dominique Wilkins to Will Purdue. It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I don't understand why players in his situation would give up tens of millions of dollars he's not likely to get another chance at.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't understand why players in his situation would give up tens of millions of dollars he's not likely to get another chance at.
    Idk when a guy has made $200+ million in just playing salary, not counting his endorsement money. I think giving up w.e money to go to a contender and/or some place that isn't freezing cold 8 months outta the year then do it.

Him, his kids and their kids are set for life. They never gotta work a day in their life. If he wants to be warm/happy/a champion that's worth giving up w.e salary left on this year they negotiate to do that, imo.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast