Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    If that's the issue, Cleveland would need to send their first round pick back, not the other way around. There is a reason the NBA is moving away from guys like Drummond and Whiteside.
    There isn't gonna be any 1sts coming or going for Drummond, dude is expiring. This isn't Kevin Love we're talking about lol

Cavs can easily get Baynes/Powell/McCaw/2nd rounder + salary filler for Drummond

I'd try to rope in a contender that might want to take a chance on Lowry tipping the scales. If Philadelphia was game, maybe:
    • Philly gets Lowry, Darius Garland and Larry Nance Jr.
    • Toronto gets Andre Drummond
    • Cleveland gets Tobias Harris and Tyrese Maxey

You could always throw in some picks to even it out.
    Toronto gets their center while promoting VanVleet and not giving up any other rotation guys.
    Philly gets a hometown guy who fits into their roster and gets them off of Harris's contract. They get the heir apparent in Garland. Simmons switches to point forward. Nance Jr. is a decent big to back up Simmons and Embiid.
    Cleveland gets back a good combo forward and a promising young guard with four years on a rookie contract. RIP Sexland. They switch to Sexton and Okuro/Maxey back court, which I think works better. Size matters, and Sexland is too small.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    There isn't gonna be any 1sts coming or going for Drummond, dude is expiring. This isn't Kevin Love we're talking about lol

Cavs can easily get Baynes/Powell/McCaw/2nd rounder + salary filler for Drummond
    Powell is more valuable than Drummond IMO. I would hope the Raps pass on that.

Powell is more valuable than Drummond IMO. I would hope the Raps pass on that.
    Goes back to wat RJ and S&M were discussing. Really depends where the ownership, management and coaching think this Raptors team is.

If they think they're a big away, Powell will probably have to be moved regardless, for Drummond or a different big.

Just like Ross for Ibaka back in the day.

Goes back to wat RJ and S&M were discussing. Really depends where the ownership, management and coaching think this Raptors team is.

If they think they're a big away, Powell will probably have to be moved regardless, for Drummond or a different big.

Just like Ross for Ibaka back in the day.
    I agree Raps need a big. I just don't think Drummond would help this team get better. He has significant limitations to his game. Great improvement in rebounding, but he'll clog the lane for the Siakam and our guards, limiting their ability to create. This offense doesn't work without bigs that can hit the outside shot. They don't have the gamebreaker that can create on his own regardless of the scheme. Everything has to run fluid with the system.

I agree Raps need a big. I just don't think Drummond would help this team get better. He has significant limitations to his game. Great improvement in rebounding, but he'll clog the lane for the Siakam and our guards, limiting their ability to create. This offense doesn't work without bigs that can hit the outside shot. They don't have the gamebreaker that can create on his own regardless of the scheme. Everything has to run fluid with the system.
    There's always the albatross of a contract that is Al Horford.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I'd try to rope in a contender that might want to take a chance on Lowry tipping the scales. If Philadelphia was game, maybe:

Toronto gets their center while promoting VanVleet and not giving up any other rotation guys.
    Philly gets a hometown guy who fits into their roster and gets them off of Harris's contract. They get the heir apparent in Garland. Simmons switches to point forward. Nance Jr. is a decent big to back up Simmons and Embiid.
    Cleveland gets back a good combo forward and a promising young guard with four years on a rookie contract. RIP Sexland. They switch to Sexton and Okuro/Maxey back court, which I think works better. Size matters, and Sexland is too small.
    I like this 3 team trade with the Raptors, Cavaliers and 76ers because at the end of the day no one loses

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I like this 3 team trade with the Raptors, Cavaliers and 76ers because at the end of the day no one loses
    Someone ALWAYS loses in trades.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post

You think we would give up Lowry for Drummond? you gave me a good chuckle this morning thanks for that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah and in this one it’s very easily Toronto lol

There's always the albatross of a contract that is Al Horford.

We'd be better off waiting until the off-season to address the position rather than make a panic move like that. Although I have always liked Horford, age seems to have caught him.

Anyone else remember the great val vs Drummond debate

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Anyone else remember the great val vs Drummond debate
    We still like Val more, even though he out there breaking wrists lol

We'd be better off waiting until the off-season to address the position rather than make a panic move like that. Although I have always liked Horford, age seems to have caught him.
    Yeah for sure. Horford isn’t bad, but his contract is. If he was making a mid level or something I wouldn’t mind because we are that desperate for a C. But not desperate enough to take on that salary, no way. Guys like Love, Griffin, Horford can be moved with a pick attached other wise no ones going near them unless they’re bought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast