Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    No argument on Baynes. I just don't think Drummond is a substantive piece. Matching salaries, we'd probably give up more than we are getting. I don't know what other teams are offering, but it was just a season ago that Cleveland acquired him for a 2nd round pick.

I imagine having a different coach and a losing team every year makes it hard to develop your game though.
    Thatís the thing. I donít think he would cost much. Guys like Baynes, MCcaw, Stan Johnson are all expiring anyways, and I think thatís what the Cavs want. Expiring contracts and 2nd round picks.

Also while Drummond isnít the modern day big man, he still leads the league in rebounding and if weíre trying to fill the glaring need of a strong rebounding big man and he doesnít cost us much then it can work. Plus heís expiring so if it doesnít work itís not like weíre committed long term. Iíd give a bunch of expiring contracts and a 2nd rounder to take a flyer on Drummond. Itís low risk potential high reward. If Norm is the only significant piece then yeah I do it. Heís expiring too anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Simmons, Thybulle and Green for Drummxnd, Prince, Okoro and Exum, plus 2 unconditional 1st round swaps.

https://youtu.be/4aINGEFdG90

Let's make it happen Morey!
    Gotta say this is a very intriguing idea. You'll have to take Dean Wade instead of Exum. Maybe throw in a few future 1st round picks and you got yourself a deal, boyo.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Shams is reporting Atlanta wants a high first for John Collins
    I think heíll end up on the Hornets. Charlotte needs to pair Ball up with another young, up and coming talent. And their pick will likely be in the lottery. I think would be a good move for the hornets. A Ball/Collins pairing would be pretty nice for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Gotta say this is a very intriguing idea. You'll have to take Dean Wade instead of Exum. Maybe throw in a few future 1st round picks and you got yourself a deal, boyo.
    Lolz

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

We just did that last year with disastrous results, why would you do it again?
    This lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Thatís the thing. I donít think he would cost much. Guys like Baynes, MCcaw, Stan Johnson are all expiring anyways, and I think thatís what the Cavs want. Expiring contracts and 2nd round picks.

Also while Drummond isnít the modern day big man, he still leads the league in rebounding and if weíre trying to fill the glaring need of a strong rebounding big man and he doesnít cost us much then it can work. Plus heís expiring so if it doesnít work itís not like weíre committed long term. Iíd give a bunch of expiring contracts and a 2nd rounder to take a flyer on Drummond. Itís low risk potential high reward. If Norm is the only significant piece then yeah I do it. Heís expiring too anyway.
    Plus you all would have Drummond's bird rights to get that 2nd rounder back and maybe more if you were to facilitate that for him.

Edit: facilitie a sign and trade for him in the off season, if he didn't stay.
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 02-15-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Plus you all would have Drummond's bird rights to get that 2nd rounder back and maybe more if you were to facilitate that for him.

Edit: facilitie a sign and trade for him in the off season, if he didn't stay.
    If the raps donít want to rebuild and plan on trying to compete they def need to address the C position.

This is what I donít get. If youíre trying to make the playoffs why wouldnít you address a glaring hole in your rotation? If the Raptors hobbled in the playoffs today they would be a 4 game sweep. Why do that to your team? Either decide you need to rebuild or decide that the current roster needs a big. Itís thatís cut and dry.

The issue I think is that itís simply too hard for us to match salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If the raps donít want to rebuild and plan on trying to compete they def need to address the C position.

This is what I donít get. If youíre trying to make the playoffs why wouldnít you address a glaring hole in your rotation? If the Raptors hobbled in the playoffs today they would be a 4 game sweep. Why do that to your team? Either decide you need to rebuild or decide that the current roster needs a big. Itís thatís cut and dry.

The issue I think is that itís simply too hard for us to match salaries.
    I agree, I think that's a big issue for anyone pursing Drummond.

If it didn't require Powell, the Raps prolly do it yesterday.

This had me in tears [emoji23][emoji88]

"Does any other 5 in the NBA try to finish more shots below the rim then, after missing, falls on his butt while watching the opponent race off on the break? Do they keep that stat, because I'm absolutely sure that Drummond leads the NBA in that by a wide margin."

I would do Baynes, Anunoby, McCaw, Johnson and picks to the Cavs for Drummond...I wouldn't give up Powell because he's actually playing at an All Star level right now since he's been starting

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I would do Baynes, Anunoby, McCaw, Johnson and picks to the Cavs for Drummond...I wouldn't give up Powell because he's actually playing at an All Star level right now since he's been starting
    Posion Pill Provision gonna make that trade highly unlikely.

Then if I have to

Powell, Baynes, McCaw, Johnson and picks to the Cavs

Raptors receive Andre Drummond

Your new look Raptors starting 5

PG- Lowry
    SG- VanVleet
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Drummond

Your new look Cavs

PG- Garland
    SG- Sexton
    SF- Powell
    PF- Love
    C- Allen

Plus Cleveland on their bench would have Osman, McGee, Baynes, Johnson, McCaw and whoever else...you basically have a more defensive minded Cavs

Plus your Raptors become defensive once again with Drummond as your C at the 5 spot

And Anunoby for Drummond? Horrid idea. Drummond was good enough that 29 GM's had a chance to trade for him last season and all Detroit could net was a 2nd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    And Anunoby for Drummond? Horrid idea. Drummond was good enough that 29 GM's had a chance to trade for him last season and all Detroit could net was a 2nd round pick.
    Haha that too, ijs from a salary perceptive

Haha that too, ijs from a salary perceptive
    If that's the issue, Cleveland would need to send their first round pick back, not the other way around. There is a reason the NBA is moving away from guys like Drummond and Whiteside.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast