Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    I get that Tobias has been great playing under Doc and that is good for the 76ers BUT I hope if the right deal comes along that Morey will move him.

Or why don't the Raptors go after Kevin Love? Or go after other people on the trade market like Blake Griffin? Or who else is available at the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    You think we would give up Lowry for Drummond? you gave me a good chuckle this morning thanks for that lol
    OK; so you're obviously a fan overrating Kyle Lowry.
    From my perspective, the Raptors have two starting point guards. One is 34, on an expiring deal and doesn't fit their timeline at all. I doubt he comes back to Toronto next year.
    What they don't have is a starting-level center. Drummond fits their timeline and could actually provide the skills they need most, unless they think Chris Boucher is the future.

https://fortyeightminutes.com/cavs-heat-drummond-trade/

Guess there are at least 7 teams kicking the tires on trading for Drummond.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    OK; so you're obviously a fan overrating Kyle Lowry.
    From my perspective, the Raptors have two starting point guards. One is 34, on an expiring deal and doesn't fit their timeline at all. I doubt he comes back to Toronto next year.
    What they don't have is a starting-level center. Drummond fits their timeline and could actually provide the skills they need most, unless they think Chris Boucher is the future.
    We’re having a hard time parting with Powell for him. Also Lowry and FVV have been starting in the back court together for a couple seasons now.

It’s not about over rating Lowry. First of all if we’re rating them as players, there’s no comparison Lowry is the more impactful player even at 34. But aside from that, I dunno why Cleveland would want Lowry. Does he fit their time line? You think there’s a chance that he resigns there? Why would they trade for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    https://fortyeightminutes.com/cavs-heat-drummond-trade/

Guess there are at least 7 teams kicking the tires on trading for Drummond.
    I think he ends up with the Mavs.

I think he ends up with the Mavs.
    Really? What kinda deal ya have in mind or that's just your gut feeling?

We’re having a hard time parting with Powell for him. Also Lowry and FVV have been starting in the back court together for a couple seasons now.

It’s not about over rating Lowry. First of all if we’re rating them as players, there’s no comparison Lowry is the more impactful player even at 34. But aside from that, I dunno why Cleveland would want Lowry. Does he fit their time line? You think there’s a chance that he resigns there? Why would they trade for him.
    You need to look at my trade again. Lowry goes to Philly with Garland and Nance Jr. Harris and Maxey go to Cleveland. Drummond goes to Toronto.
    Toronto swaps a 34-year-old Lowry for 27-year-old Drummond. They can trot out a starting five of VanVleet, Powell, Anunoby, Siakam and Drummond. That seems more exciting than holding on to Lowry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    You need to look at my trade again. Lowry goes to Philly with Garland and Nance Jr. Harris and Maxey go to Cleveland. Drummond goes to Toronto.
    Toronto swaps a 34-year-old Lowry for 27-year-old Drummond. They can trot out a starting five of VanVleet, Powell, Anunoby, Siakam and Drummond. That seems more exciting than holding on to Lowry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is nothing exciting about Andre Drummond. There is a reason Detroit could only net a 2nd round pick for the guy last year. A starting lineup with an undersized Boucher at C is more exciting than Andre Drummond. For all the stats he accumulates, they have very little impact on helping his teams win games.

For about the 6th straight year, Kyle Lowry is once again in the Top 10 across the NBA in real plus minus for how he impacts winning when he is on the court.

I think he's gonna end up on a team that he's only going to help avoid a sweep in rd 1. This is why expanding the playoffs was the stupidest ****ing thing they could have done. It shrinks the sellers pool, grows the buyers pool, and dulls the trade market. It's going to do more to make the NBA inequality bigger than help it get better. Teams in that 9-10-11-12-13 range in a conference might be buyers where in the past maybe the 9-10 were buyers. The NBA sometimes is that meme of the guy shooting the guy in the chair.

Anyways, the Blazers should find a way to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think he's gonna end up on a team that he's only going to help avoid a sweep in rd 1. This is why expanding the playoffs was the stupidest ****ing thing they could have done. It shrinks the sellers pool, grows the buyers pool, and dulls the trade market. It's going to do more to make the NBA inequality bigger than help it get better. Teams in that 9-10-11-12-13 range in a conference might be buyers where in the past maybe the 9-10 were buyers. The NBA sometimes is that meme of the guy shooting the guy in the chair.

Anyways, the Blazers should find a way to make it happen.
    Ik it's not the exact Eric reference but this will have to do lol

Ik it's not the exact Eric reference but this will have to do lol
    I....uh....don't get it?

I....uh....don't get it?
    Haha its his show in a nutshell

Haha its his show in a nutshell
    Was it the thing I said about the meme? I never seen the show so I didnt know where it was from. But my god is it so true right now.

Honestly I think the only two major sports that learned their lesson on expansion and how to do it right were NHL and MLB. And they have the two "worst commissioners" in sports.

Was it the thing I said about the meme? I never seen the show so I didnt know where it was from. But my god is it so true right now.

Honestly I think the only two major sports that learned their lesson on expansion and how to do it right were NHL and MLB. And they have the two "worst commissioners" in sports.
    Yeah, it's him and Hannibal lol

But yeah man NBA can't get out of their own way.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast