Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Still a bullpen arm to me. Prob aaa to begin year either way

Thanks for sharing. Would be great to see him pitch, not sure he gets 100 innings with us but I can see the SP split where 1 goes 3-4 and the other as well, which can help him and Pearson build up their arms, while also not pushing their innings.

With that in mind, on a 25 man roster who breaks camp if healthy?

F 12: Grich, Teo, Springer, LGJ, Vladdy, Tellez, Siemens, Bo, Jansen, McGuire, Davis, Espinal or Panik(would have to be added to 40 man roster at the cost of someone)

P 13: Ryu, Pearson, Roark, Ray, Matz, Stripling, Chatwood, Phelps, Dolis, Borucki, Romano, Yates, Hatch/Merryweather

In terms of pitchers that leaves one of Hatch/Merryweather off the 25. Rest are Kay, Thornton, Zeuch, Wags, Tice, Murphy, Luciano

In terms of Fielders: Adams, Kirk, Moreno, Lopez, Palacios.

I think that covers the 40 man roster. After looking at it, I can't see us starting the season with all 5 catchers on the 40 man. I have no problem dumping McGuire or Wags in a trade for lotto tickets. Others on the lists I don't mind to give a chance before tossing are Luciano, Zeuch, Stripling, Davis or Palacios.

Also Cole, Liriano, Mayza on a minors deal...

I don't remember the last time we had this much depth and the quality of it.
    Last edited by Chaotic98; 02-23-2021 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Would be great to see him pitch, not sure he gets 100 innings with us but I can see the SP split where 1 goes 3-4 and the other as well, which can help him and Pearson build up their arms, while also not pushing their innings.

F 12: Grich, Teo, Springer, LGJ, Vladdy, Tellez, Siemens, Bo, Jansen, McGuire, Davis, Espinal or Panik(would have to be added to 40 man roster at the cost of someone)

P 13: Ryu, Pearson, Roark, Ray, Matz, Stripling, Chatwood, Phelps, Dolis, Borucki, Romano, Yates, Hatch/Merryweather

In terms of pitchers that leaves one of Hatch/Merryweather off the 25. Rest are Kay, Thornton, Zeuch, Wags, Tice, Murphy, Luciano

I think that covers the 40 man roster. After looking at it, I can't see us starting the season with all 5 catchers on the 40 man. I have no problem dumping McGuire or Wags in a trade for lotto tickets. Others on the lists I don't mind to give a chance before tossing are Luciano, Zeuch, Stripling, Davis or Palacios.

I think they keep 3-4 long men that piggyback.

Stripling, Hatch, Merryweather, Kay, Chatwood, Zeuch, Thornton are probably the candidates.

Rotation is likely: Ryu, Pearson, Ray, Matz, Roark IMO.

Late relief is Romano, Yates, Dolis, Borucki for sure. Not sure on Phelps. Might have 4 multi inning guys from the previous group.

-Iíd think the 3 with options ride the shuttle with the 4 in aaa to replace them daily often making a much larger bullpen which we will need. Borucki, Romano, merryweather along with hatch, Kay and Thornton. Iíd think zeuch, wags would be last 2 on the call up list. Cole and liriano are vets who could rip up aaa and force the jays hand but it would require removing someone off the 40.

Iíd think itís time for Atkins to move out some depth pitching on the 40 as well as a catcher. Maybe that is at the deadline but Iím just impatient I guess.

Donít put nods in ur lineup. Off to La

Must say I really hate that Stripling deal, especially with what I know now and all the 4/5 starters we have, much rather have kept Kendall Williams than have Stripling on the 40 man.

Fyi, thornton went to Andrews to remove loose bone fragments...there was just more in there than they originally thought. Apparently he had one for years, but he ended up having 4 taken out and now feels great and is able to finish pitches again.

Thornton needs to improve on this stat

2019 (based on 29 Games Started)

Innings Pitched per games started: 4.8
    Pitches per games started: 87

That's alot of stressful innings

I actually can't wait to see him pitch. Elbow problems cause control issues because you cant really finish pitches. I think his elite spin rates will tick up, his velo will tick up, and his control......aka a brand new pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I actually can't wait to see him pitch. Elbow problems cause control issues because you cant really finish pitches. I think his elite spin rates will tick up, his velo will tick up, and his control......aka a brand new pitcher.
    I agree. And considering he pushed through the ****** years here, he deserves a chance to earn his spot.

Must say I really hate that Stripling deal, especially with what I know now and all the 4/5 starters we have, much rather have kept Kendall Williams than have Stripling on the 40 man.
    Iím fine with it because we got stripling for a playoff run AND 2 additional seasons. He just needs to pitch how he has for his career outside of the 2 month 2020 season to well justify the trade. We can draft a Kendall williams again this year . Just consider van eyk his replacement.

Granted this trade was more of a Marco Estrada type trade than a Blake snell type but we know Atkins needs the jaws of life to get top prospects out of him. Hopefully , our prospects perform well this year and their values will skyrocket. Of course, the risk is that some will stink and values will drop but Atkins is clearly playing the long game here

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Iím fine with it because we got stripling for a playoff run AND 2 additional seasons. He just needs to pitch how he has for his career outside of the 2 month 2020 season to well justify the trade. We can draft a Kendall williams again this year . Just consider van eyk his replacement.

Granted this trade was more of a Marco Estrada type trade than a Blake snell type but we know Atkins needs the jaws of life to get top prospects out of him. Hopefully , our prospects perform well this year and their values will skyrocket. Of course, the risk is that some will stink and values will drop but Atkins is clearly playing the long game here
    My biggest issue with him is that we have a lot of Striplings here. I'd rather have a Kendall Williams in the system not taking up a 40 man spot than Stripling taking one up and 3M (and up in his arb years). We could run a Thornton this year instead and eventually SWR and/or Monoah next year @ 520K. As of the 2021 roster, he's kinda redundant with all the depth we have (which is a great thing to say).

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I agree. And considering he pushed through the ****** years here, he deserves a chance to earn his spot.
    Absolutely. He already showed he has the capability to spin a gem every now and then. There could be something there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

My biggest issue with him is that we have a lot of Striplings here. I'd rather have a Kendall Williams in the system not taking up a 40 man spot than Stripling taking one up and 3M (and up in his arb years). We could run a Thornton this year instead and eventually SWR and/or Monoah next year @ 520K. As of the 2021 roster, he's kinda redundant with all the depth we have (which is a great thing to say).
    Judging by how the last few seasons have gone I'd say the more arms the better. Yeah, Stripling wasn't anything special last year but Kendall Williams is a kid who's nowhere near the show. Arms like Stripling aren't going to win a championship but they're great for when guys go down. I really like how Atkins is building this team. He's layering it with so much depth while slowly but surely adding to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post

Lol I like the jaws of life line. It's true too. I think mid season is when we'll finally see him make a deal. There's been no rush to make any big deals up until now.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast