Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Who are your all-stars?

Name your eastern and western NBA all-star teams. Disregard the voting so far. This is your opinion on who is most worthy. But follow the guidelines calling for four back court players, six front court and two wild cards.
    Just some food for thought, it looks like LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Nikola Jocic, Luka Doncic and Kawhi Leonard will start for the west after the second round of voting. In the east, it looks like Kevin Durant, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Joel Embiid, Bradley Beal and Kyrie Irving.

West
    • B: Stephen Curry, Damian Lillard, Mike Conley
    • B: Luka Doncic, Donovan Mitchell
    • F: Kawhi Leonard, Paul George
    • F: LeBron James, Anthony Davis
    • F: Nikola Jokic, Rudy Gobert, Christian Wood

Notes: I'm going to reward Utah with three all-stars for being so good — fittingly, none of them will be starters. Conley's one of the best players to never be named an all-star and deserves a selection this year for finally putting it all together. My final choice came down to Brandon Ingram or Wood, who's been an absolute beast on a surprisingly frisky Houston team.

East:
    • B: Kyrie Irving, Trae Young
    • B: Bradley Beal, Jaylen Brown
    • F: Kevin Durant, Khris Middleton, Gordon Hayward
    • F: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jayson Tatum
    • F: Joel Embiid, Domantas Sabonis, Bam Adebayo

Notes: I think James Harden should lose an all-star selection for how he forced his way out of Houston. My final spot came down to Nikola Vuvevic, Jerami Grant, Ben Simmons or Hayward, who's usual όber-efficient play has helped turn Charlotte into a playoff team.

Honestly Tobias Harris should be in the discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Honestly Tobias Harris should be in the discussion.
    I get that. He's probably right there with Simmons as far as overall impact. But I can't put Harris over Jaylen or Hayward, who are more prominent on their teams. Philly just seems like a wheel spinning around Embiid. If we're going that far down the list, we also have to look at Julius Randle.

I believe it'll be difficult for the Jazz to get 3 players in. I honestly think even 2 may prove difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I get that. He's probably right there with Simmons as far as overall impact. But I can't put Harris over Jaylen or Hayward, who are more prominent on their teams. Philly just seems like a wheel spinning around Embiid. If we're going that far down the list, we also have to look at Julius Randle.
    I say that because were like 14-1 or something stupid like that when he scores 20+.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I believe it'll be difficult for the Jazz to get 3 players in. I honestly think even 2 may prove difficult.
    I saw you left Gobert off your list and that's just trash....but I'm a Jazz fan sooooo lol!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think so too, at least about getting three — Gobert and Mitchell seem pretty obvious. But if the Jazz keep winning like this, it's possible. I can't see Conley going over Mitchell or Gobert, but the guy deserves to have at least one selection in his career after all those great years in Memphis. And if you look at which players impact winning, Conley legitimately deserves consideration, even if that's over guys like De'Aaron Fox, Devin Booker and Chris Paul.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 02-12-2021 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I say that because were like 14-1 or something stupid like that when he scores 20+.

He’s mini Melo. It definitely confused me how far people got down on him after last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I saw you left Gobert off your list and that's just trash....but I'm a Jazz fan sooooo lol!
    How much are you loving Mike Conley this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    How much are you loving Mike Conley this year?

A LOT! He's just the steady presence we've missed at the PG spot since D-Will. Hill was about the same but he was a ***** and sat out all the time because his vagina hurt. I just think it took Conley a while to find his role and how he fit into this team. He's been phenomenal so far this year though. Picks his spots at the right time, good shooter, plays solid D. Hopefully this hamstring Injury isn't anything serious.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    The West is just difficult man.

Steph and Luka~Jokic, Kawhi and LeBron are the most likely starters.

From there, I assume coaches will have AD, PG13 and Dame as almost locks.

That only leaves 4 spots, filling 3 with Jazz players seems like a huge stretch, even 2 of the 4 spots is tough because those 4 spots shake out to 1 backcourt, 1 front court and 2 wildcards.

McCollum and Wood before they got injured had cases.

Now DeRozan and Fox probably have some sort of chance to get in. Idk number wise who should be there but I would suspect Suns may have a representative. With a couple other players probably right there.

So to me, leaves Mitchell and Gobert fighting against each other for a wildcard spot. If they both made it, fine, because they're the # 1 overall seed and have the same stat lines as last season when they made it.

Js i wouldn't be shocked if the Jazz only had 1 rep in the game. Just depends what the Western coaches value, because doesn't look like any Jazz players will start.

West
    • B: Stephen Curry, Damian Lillard, Mike Conley
    • B: Luka Doncic, Donovan Mitchell
    • F: Kawhi Leonard, Paul George
    • F: LeBron James, Anthony Davis
    • F: Nikola Jokic, Rudy Gobert, Christian Wood

Notes: I'm going to reward Utah with three all-stars for being so good — fittingly, none of them will be starters. Conley's one of the best players to never be named an all-star and deserves a selection this year for finally putting it all together. My final choice came down to Brandon Ingram or Wood, who's been an absolute beast on a surprisingly frisky Houston team.

East:
    • B: Kyrie Irving, Trae Young
    • B: Bradley Beal, Jaylen Brown
    • F: Kevin Durant, Khris Middleton, Gordon Hayward
    • F: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jayson Tatum
    • F: Joel Embiid, Domantas Sabonis, Bam Adebayo

Notes: I think James Harden should lose an all-star selection for how he forced his way out of Houston. My final spot came down to Nikola Vuvevic, Jerami Grant, Ben Simmons or Hayward, who's usual όber-efficient play has helped turn Charlotte into a playoff team.
    D-Mitch has not been that great this year. His team is in first but it def isnt because of him. Their team is playing incrediable... That being said where the hell is the levine love? He has jsut as good of an argument as Gordon/Brown etc

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    D-Mitch has not been that great this year. His team is in first but it def isnt because of him. Their team is playing incrediable... That being said where the hell is the levine love? He has jsut as good of an argument as Gordon/Brown etc
    It's close, but Jaylen impacts winning on both sides of the court more than LaVine or Kyrie. Jaylen and Jayson are locks for me. I wouldn't be surprised or miffed if LaVine made it as a wild card instead of Hayward, Kyrie or Jimmy, if he doesn't have enough games played.
    As for Mitchell, his down year still includes 40% from three and 24 points per game. Booker's been a disappointment. There's an argument for swapping Mitchell out with Paul, who's been his typical understated force of nature on a new team. But Utah's triumvirate has so far been more effective than Brooklyn's, so I feel confident in rewarding them.

It's close, but Jaylen impacts winning on both sides of the court more than LaVine or Kyrie. Jaylen and Jayson are locks for me. I wouldn't be surprised or miffed if LaVine made it as a wild card instead of Hayward, Kyrie or Jimmy, if he doesn't have enough games played.
    As for Mitchell, his down year still includes 40% from three and 24 points per game. Booker's been a disappointment. There's an argument for swapping Mitchell out with Paul, who's been his typical understated force of nature on a new team. But Utah's triumvirate has so far been more effective than Brooklyn's, so I feel confident in rewarding them.
    I think the Nets have 3 guys in for sure. More of a chance than the Jazz or Sixers I believe.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast